• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

I don't understand that CBS article.

That article says women are tied 47-47 but Romney is winning 47-42 among men.

How is Obama up 5!? Did cats get the right to vote in Ohio?

(both the last CBS poll and Times poll have big leads among women for Obama, BTW)

Easy. Democratic voter fraud.

(both the last CBS poll and Times poll have big leads among women for Obama, BTW)

They are citing two different polls. The one where Romney is even with women is the AP national poll. They then go on to cite their week old Ohio poll, it's a poorly written article

They are citing two different polls. The one where Romney is even with women is the AP national poll. They then go on to cite their week old Ohio poll, it's a poorly written article

Terribly poor.

Also, had no idea the AP poll had Obama and Romney tied among women. lol @ that poll.

Yeah, any poll that has Romney even with women and up only five with men is pretty damn odd.

Obama is winning all the questions in this survey and yet is losing the vote. lol, makes no sense.

Also, more proof the electorate is stupid:

"In general, how much, if anything, do you think the federal government can do to create jobs in the United States – A great deal, quite a bit, a moderate amount, only a little or nothing at all?"

19% said little or nothing at all.

But Romney has been shouting "government doesn't create jobs." yet almost 47% of people will, at minimum, vote for him.

http://ap-gfkpoll.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AP-GfK-Poll-October-2012-Topline_POLITICS.pdf

I don't see a male/female breakdown for the race here. Or anything else. Just the demographics of the poll sample.

Is Obama fighting in Florida? Everyone keeps talking about Ohio et all, I guess because the polls are looking better, but he won it in '08 and that's 29 electoral votes got damn.

Ecotic

Damn Morning Joe's poll analysis is surface thin. Joe is talking about Mitt Romney pulling ahead of Obama nationally (he's two weeks late), though to his credit he mentions Obama's advantage in the swing states.

witness

Is Obama fighting in Florida? Everyone keeps talking about Ohio et all, I guess because the polls are looking better, but he won it in '08 and that's 29 electoral votes got damn.

Ads on all the time here on tv and radio. They have so many offices and work here its insane. I agree with you, win this shitty state and make Ohio and Virginia irrelevant. I do think he will carry all of those in the end. There's a ton of angry racists here ready to vote, but the minority vote will be just as ready to go. He will win Florida because of the ever increasing Hispanic vote.

He was there on Wednesday and will be in Orlando with Clinton on Monday. He's also running ads there, so yeah, he's very much fighting for Florida

ZeroRay

I'm seeing 2 Obama commercials for every Romney one.

Honestly, it feels weird living in a Democratic stronghold in the same state that elected Rick Fucking Scott.

equap

Banned
have you guys seen this video of Ben Stein disagreeing about Romney Tax Plan??...ON FOX NEWS!!! http://youtu.be/OFZ8h2ygIcg

hahahaha the look on their faces...they couldn't believe he was saying all this about raising taxes and the 90s being the best years.

I guess he's not coming back on Fox News until after the election. :(

Zabka

CBS is pushing Romney momentum hard on TV this morning.

nib95

Banned
Might have a few more of these in the UK but this time for Romney. Bare in mind this is a Right Wing tabloid here in the UK...

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

IrishNinja

There's a ton of angry racists here ready to vote, but the minority vote will be just as ready to go. He will win Florida because of the ever increasing Hispanic vote.

man, i wanna believe this, but don't forget how many of those hispanics here in dade county/MIA are cuban and tend to lean conservative. NPR the other day covered how some of the black churches were staying in the loop with what asshole rick scott did with the early voting & would adjust post-church buses accordingly, but i look at all the electoral maps posted here and figure it a more safe bet that my dumb state goes red and obamanos swings ohio & some other ones that didn't manage to vote in rick scott.

IrishNinja

you know, that media narrative may be annoying...but it might have a few positive affects, such as letting some rethugiclians who dont wanna hold their nose at the ballot box feel safe voting for johnson/staying home etc, maybe get some of the apathetic '08 obama voters to show up for fear of romney/rand, etc. i can't imagine i'm the first to notice this.

Florida seems to be clearly breaking for Romney at this point, which doesn't bother me all that much.

Really, I think it comes down to three states: Ohio, Nevada, and Iowa. And all three are leaning increasingly toward Obama.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Florida seems to be clearly breaking for Romney at this point, which doesn't bother me all that much.

Really, I think it comes down to three states: Ohio, Nevada, and Iowa. And all three are leaning increasingly toward Obama.
Wisconsin is more likely than Iowa. But both will probably go to Obama.

ISOM

Clearly? I've only seen polls with +1 or +2 advantage for romney in florida, that's not clear to me.

Wisconsin is more likely than Iowa. But both will probably go to Obama.

I'm going with Silver's take on Wisconsin and thinking it's already over there.

Honestly, I never bought Wisconsin as a swing state at any point in this election. I think the impacts of the gubernatorial recall election and the Ryan pick were both way overblown.

Clearly? I've only seen polls with +1 or +2 advantage for romney in florida, that's not clear to me.

Fair enough. At this point in the game, I'm probably giving Romney the benefit of the doubt to an absurd degree, just to temper my expectations.

thefro

It might really mess Romney's campaign up if his Boston HQ loses power.

Also no campaigning in New Hampshire next week, most likely. Both candidates might tour the damage.

Might have a few more of these in the UK but this time for Romney. Bare in mind this is a Right Wing tabloid here in the UK...

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

?

Daily Mirror is left wing. I still remember all the sickingly pro-gordon brown articles they ran.

Although the right wing papers don't like Romney either, and neither does the (conservative) prime minister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom