• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Employers and employees should be allowed to talk about their political affiliation and the reasons behind why they do.

I think that this has basically the same problem as sexual harassment, frankly. You can't pretend that it's an equal relationship, because it isn't. When we start doing something about wage-slavery, I won't worry about the capacity of employers to apply pressure, but we seem to be a ways from that.

If I find out that a person was explicitly fired for their decision in the voting booth then I'll have a problem.

Is this really your standard? Because, again, there's a reason we use more stringent expectations to identify racism and sexism than "explicitly fired for it."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Employers and employees should be allowed to talk about their political affiliation and the reasons behind why they do. Some are only able to talk while others can send out documents.

If I find out that a person was explicitly fired for their decision in the voting booth then I'll have a problem. Until then, the doc could easily be tossed in the garbage/recycle bin.

The employment relationship isn't the same as some random guy giving you a document.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
An employer sending out a voting guide to employees is undue pressure and harassment. I don't like it and I'm not sure it's completely legal

Again, who is going to know once you're in the booth? He should be free to express his opinion and you should be allowed to be free to completely ignore it.

I should state that any employer trying to find out how you voted is wrong and there should be jail time involved.

Edit: Piss off with the sexual harassment comparison.

Cheebo

Banned
hold up. This is not what you told me in PMs last week. Explain your change!

Polling looking a bit better this week in the swing states than I was expecting, expected Romney to gain more. If the situation doesn't change and remains as is by the end of next week I think Obama will win. Although I am going to regret saying this. Because every time I do something bad always happens, I have some sort of curse which makes me want to avoid getting cocky about Obama's chances.

I supported Obama from day 1 in the 2008 primaries but was resigned to the fact Hillary would win because I didn't want to work myself and get dissapointed, even in the lead up to Iowa. When he won Iowa I completley went full on believing Obama would win then NH happened.

I was down again in 2011/most of 2012 to not let myself get let down until late September when I went full on Obama would win in a near landslide winning every state he won in 2008 except Indiana. Then the first debate happened.

pigeon

Banned
Polling looking a bit better this week in the swing states than I was expecting, expected Romney to gain more. If the situation doesn't change and remains as is by the end of next week I think Obama will win. Although I am going to regret saying this. Because every time I do something bad always happens, I have some sort of curse which makes me want to avoid getting cocky about Obama's chances.

I supported Obama from day 1 in the 2008 primaries but was resigned to the fact Hillary would win because I didn't want to work myself and get dissapointed, even in the lead up to Iowa. When he won Iowa I completley went full on believing Obama would win then NH happened.

I was down again in 2011/most of 2012 to let myself get let down until late September when I went full on Obama would win in a near landslide winning every state he won in 2008 except Indiana. Then the first debate happened.

So, what you're saying is, you were right every time.

Clevinger

I was down again in 2011/most of 2012 to not let myself get let down until late September when I went full on Obama would win in a near landslide winning every state he won in 2008 except Indiana. Then the first debate happened.

go away, jinxer

shoo

apana

Ohio, Colorado, Wisconsin, and New Hampshire are the most important states right now. That is where this battle is going to play out. If anyone has info on the state of the race in those states beyond just another poll it would be useful. Wisconsin has early voting right?

I liked Obama in 2004, but moved on to more mature things in 2007/2008. But Hillary lost my support during the Ohio primary where her campaign went full blown crazy/semi racist (spreading pics of Obama in Muslim garb). After that I was neutral, then kind of jumped on the Obama bandwagon for the general election.

I liked Obama in 2004, but moved on to more mature things in 2007/2008. But Hillary lost my support during the Ohio primary where her campaign went full blown crazy/semi racist (spreading pics of Obama in Muslim garb). After that I was neutral, then kind of jumped on the Obama bandwagon for the general election.

And now you're on the Romney bandwagon.

Cheebo

Banned

I was a different type of Obama supporter than most at the time. I really liked Hillary, I was fully on board Obama but thought Hillary would have been a great President (and still do). So of course PoliGAF claimed I was in the tank for Hillary. It wasn't till Ohio and she went nuts that I became a lot more partisan as well. It is still hard to believe how insane her campaign got at the time. And the secret muslim shit Mark Penn and the rest started still haunts Obama to some degree.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Did you like my fan fic? I wrote it for you.

O6n1I.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Man, these Ohio numbers are super fucking consistent. With under 2 weeks to go, how the hell is Romney going to pick up speed there?

And with the early voting... Obama got this shit in the bag and beyond

Man, these Ohio numbers are super fucking consistent. With under 2 weeks to go, how the hell is Romney going to pick up speed there?

And with the early voting... Obama got this shit in the bag and beyond

He's not. He's toast in Ohio.

In fact, he's been screwed here since the day he picked Paul Ryan over Rob Portman. That unbelievably stupid decision cost him any last chance of winning here.

Employers and employees should be allowed to talk about their political affiliation and the reasons behind why they do. Some are only able to talk while others can send out documents.

If I find out that a person was explicitly fired for their decision in the voting booth then I'll have a problem. Until then, the doc could easily be tossed in the garbage/recycle bin.

Except as the article said when the boss tells you who to vote for its understandable to ten be hesitant to don a bumper sticker for the candidate he doesnt support or to feel pressured to not talk about your views in front of others even when asked. Its harrassment.

Amir0x

Banned
He's not. He's toast in Ohio.

In fact, he's been screwed here since the day he picked Paul Ryan over Rob Portman. That unbelievably stupid decision cost him any last chance of winning here.

Let me emphasize how bad this is for Romney

PolliGAF sky-fallers should just think of this... throughout this entire campaign, Romney has led in the average of polls in Ohio approximately ZERO TIMES. (lowest point was O +0.7, when? Right after the Repub Convention.) That's right. Since the start of Election Season 2012, Romney has led in Ohio in the RealClearPolitics average of polls zero times.

There are now, like, ten days left to go or some shit.

Chicken Littlers: What is going to change in that time?

HylianTom

Banned
So if this is the conservative estimate (I see pretty much every blue state on there except perhaps for NH as being an almost sure thing) what are the more optimistic estimates? What other states do people think Obama could pick up?
Honestly? I think there's a small chance that he could very well sweep, with his ceiling somewhere around 348EVs.

But I'm sticking with 303EVs. Seems safe. I'm confident in dat ground game.

Romney doesn't have game. No, sir-ee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom