• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be Money.
wait....itunes didnt play Money for me
OJI8q.gif

edit: o, is that the joke
3sx87.gif

3phemeral

Meteorite is like dance-remix Mariah meets gay disco meets the future.

Roy's prediction of it slaying prior to this radio release may be spot on. At the moment, I really think it's the strongest radio track.

cory64

Meteorite is like dance-remix Mariah meets gay disco meets the future.

Roy's prediction of it slaying prior to this radio release may be spot on. At the moment, I really think it's the strongest radio track.

It's a much better throwback than Pheral's recent output. Makes me wanna go shopping, KoP better play the inevitable 9 minute version on a loop.

3phemeral

So here we go
I'm listening
What are you saying
Put on your show (oh!)
Try to make it entertaining

And you (you you you)
Know what you are
It's true
You will go far

Cuz you got the night
To light up the sky
That meteorite
In front of every eye

A shooting star
Your flame is aflame

And they watch you burn up,
Turned up
Turnt up
All the way

Meteor-i-i-ite

iNNKc4SEdbD0L.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Fellow drag race sistren, has anyone got a link to last nights episode? I can't get Logotv to work without refreshing (even with adblock off) and I'm too scared to go trawling through places in case of winner spoilers Some saint on reddit posted a link no worries

Also where are y'all listening to Mariah's new stuff?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Watching the Billboard Music Awards and good lawd Lorde's speaking voice

Matt_

Oh
Sam Smith literally coming out of nowhere and clocking #1 on US itunes?
Like even the big artists dont usually go from 0 straight to 1 like that do they?

Vazduh

Kimbra and Janelle have been forced to cancel their tour.

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :/

Oh
Like even the big artists dont usually go from 0 straight to 1 like that do they?

I was quite surprised when I saw his FB status two hours ago. Oh, well, slay a bit, good sis Sam. The song (Leave Your Lover) is nothing special, but his vocals are flawless as always.

Matt_

I hadn't realised he had ANY exposure at all in the US
Slay a bit I guess

Styles

Oh

That's due to pre-orders for the album; every time a track gets released it will skyrocket up the charts depending on the number of pre-orders. Even then it's still quite a feat for a relatively unknown artist like him.. In the US. anyway.

Vazduh

Stefan™;112694365 said:
That's due to pre-orders for the album; every time a track gets released it will skyrocket up the charts depending on the number of pre-orders. Even then it's still quite a feat for a relatively unknown artist like him.. In the US. anyway.

Wow, I didn't have a clue it worked that way. Quite an achievement for a newcomer, I agree.

The slayage!

40543_Puerto_Rican_and_Brazilian_Boys_Twerk_Team.gif

Btw, is there any of you sistren I haven't added on Spotify or last.fm?

b07bbWe.gif

Let's follow each other!

Vitanimus

It's sad how his record label seems to openly shy away from his sexuality, especially when you see past photos of him. He looks and acts completely different.

Also, I have my first exam today, pray for me sistren
52b0f867.gif

Matt_

It's sad how his record label seems to openly shy away from his sexuality, especially when you see past photos of him. He looks and acts completely different.

52b0f867.gif

Good luck! I had one this morning that by all rights should have been a disaster and everything went really well so the pop gods be benevolent today

Vazduh

52b0f867.gif

Good luck, sis!

He's always been quite flamboyant, but I figured his label wouldn't embrace his sexuality. Could you share the link, I'd love to see those old photos!

Vazduh

I'm glad to see that Touchdown's enjoying the album, after all, he had to wait 230 years for it.

I love Foxes' cover, but I think I like what ASTR did with Drake's song even more, their cover is fantastic.

Oh, and can someone help me find this music video? Apparently Sam's label took it down and I can't find it anywhere. Usually I wouldn't be that interested, but I'm really curious to see what label found so embarrassing.

Sam Smith - Bad Day All Week

draggedT for filth, i live.

can we also please talk about how shite the new alber cover is tho? the covers from the parachutes/rush of blood/x&y trilogy were actually pretty great.

they've been trash since

I love the Ghost Stories cover. Actually I think all their covers have been great. So. :p

Mumei

I was debating whether I wanted to go home for lunch, but I guess I know now. I'm pretty excited to listen, especially since Leona likes it. I think Leona's the only fan who was more ambivalent about this album than I was.

Wow, that sucks, I'm sorry

Because of Janelle's voice?

What is going on with Janelle's voice?

I was debating whether I wanted to go home for lunch, but I guess I know now. I'm pretty excited to listen, especially since Leona likes it. I think Leona's the only fan who was more ambivalent about this album than I was.
Mumei, these are her best vocals since I dunno, Glitter? I am glad I was wrong about the album's endless delays - it's easily her best since Emancipation

icant

Touchdown

Banned

Bye. This album slays even the BEYONCÉ album in terms of depth and quality and bops. I have a list like Fey and you and Leona are both on it. Being Mimi fans you BOTH should have known this album wouldn't disappoint. When has any one of her albums disappointed? Even Glitter slays most faves' albums!

ivl7Pxn11ZUgH.gif

Matt_

Shitty itunes uk not having radio

Bye. This album slays even the BEYONCÉ album in terms of depth and quality and bops. I have a list like Fey and you and Leona are both on it. Being Mimi fans you BOTH should have known this album wouldn't disappoint. When has any one of her albums disappointed? Even Glitter slays most faves' albums!

ivl7Pxn11ZUgH.gif
waiT what? Gerl don't even push it

It's an album full of emotional, vocal, and dem babies slayage, but let us not compare it to a true artistic master work.

list of what XD

3phemeral

It took her five years, but Mariah has learned from mistakes of 2009’s ‘Memoir of an Imperfect Angel.’

Mariah Carey has released her first studio album in five years, 'Me. I am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse.'

Mariah got the memo.

For her first pop album in five years — housed under the diva-like title "Me. I Am Mariah....The Elusive Chanteuse" — the star needed to heed the warning of her disastrous last work. And she has.

Though the disc contains cameos from rappers like Nas and Wale, it has far fewer hip-hop inflections than the faux-hip "Memoir" disc. Instead it stresses songs like the opening weeper "Cry," an inspired throw-back to initial hits like "Vision of Love." Accompanied primarily by piano, Carey unfurls the full range of her instrument, something she had too often scaled back of late to suit songs over-indebted to their beats. The result lets her lean into the song's drama, which she engages completely.

As on many discs, Carey sticks in a famous cover. They're often corny ones (see: her run at Foreigner's "I Wanna Know what Love Is" last time). But here she makes a smarter choice - George Michael's "One More Try." Backed by a gospel organ and choir, Carey dances over the notes, wringing every ripple out of the tune. She even tailors her worst tics - those endless melismas - using them to mine emotion rather than to falsely impress.

Contrary to its title, the new album may be Carey's least elusive work. Rarely has she made her talent more clear.

iCMNNxKDz7oyo.gif

[edit] Apparently there was an iTunes error with streaming money and it's supposedly fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom