• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Welcome to the junior. Flawless taste. <3<3 :)

And hello to the three other juniors who have poked their heads in over the last week.

Hello, as well, to all the prominent Gaffers, mods, industry heads, and ATRLers who like to Talk That Talk, but are probably lurking here right now.

RBIgtgU.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My musical holy trinity are Grace Jones, Bjork, and the Almighty Catherine Bush CBE. I'm fond of the abstract, the strange and the different
because I'm a complete weirdo and I feel at home with them being musically weird too ;_;

Aside from that, we have Donna Summer, Chaka Khan, Stevie Nicks, Prince, Eurythmics, Madonna, Michael Jackson...

Moving onto those who/se careers are still alive, I adore Janelle Monae and Robyn. They're my main girls. I think I may put Kimbra in my modern trinity too. Another trinity of oddities.

I'm also a fan of (listdump warning):
Annie, Banks, Erykah Badu, Florence Welch (the Sirens EP has made me question Florence Arnold's judgement), Foxes, Frank Ocean, Goldfrapp, Grimes, Haim, Jessie Ware, Katy B, Kelis, The Killers, La Roux, Lana, Lykke, MIA, Natalia Kills, Paloma Faith, Royksopp, Scissor Sisters, Sky Ferreira, the superior Knowles sister, Tove Lo, VV Brown and The Weeknd.

And if I really must stan for one of the popular kids, let it be Rihanna.

I like ya.

Vitanimus

Pagan Poetry is just... sigh. Heavenly. And Vespertine as a whole is wonderful for revision because it takes me to my happy place of concentration, but at the same time I can just listen to it and spin around the room like a nutcase. The harps and the celestes, it's like actual musical heaven and I just want to go to there...
Yeah, Vespertine>Homogenic>Post=Debut>Biophilia>Volta. Medulla is weird and I can't really rank it against the others, but it probably slides in alongside Biophilia.

My soulmate :***

royalan

Nicole Scherzinger's new single is coming. It's called Your Love. There's an 18 second snippet available. It''s produced by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart.

1) She's still trying it. Oh.

2) But it's The-Dream and Tricky Stewart. They usually swing and miss when they try to go too pop, but they've got some super hot Urban bangers under their belt.

Fey

Banned
My musical holy trinity are Grace Jones, Bjork, and the Almighty Catherine Bush CBE. I'm fond of the abstract, the strange and the different
because I'm a complete weirdo and I feel at home with them being musically weird too ;_;

Aside from that, we have Donna Summer, Chaka Khan, Stevie Nicks, Prince, Eurythmics, Madonna, Michael Jackson...

Moving onto those who/se careers are still alive, I adore Janelle Monae and Robyn. They're my main girls. I think I may put Kimbra in my modern trinity too. Another trinity of oddities.

Annie, Banks, Erykah Badu, Florence Welch (the Sirens EP has made me question Florence Arnold's judgement), Foxes, Frank Ocean, Goldfrapp, Grimes, Haim, Jessie Ware, Katy B, Kelis, The Killers, La Roux, Lana, Lykke, MIA, Natalia Kills, Paloma Faith, Royksopp, Scissor Sisters, Sky Ferreira, the superior Knowles sister, Tove Lo, VV Brown and The Weeknd.

everything

everything about this post

the sirens shade especially FLORRIE SUX

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

I swear to God, if you get yrself banned right off the bat, I will be very upset. Most of these other gurls could only fantasize about having such good taste. You will help elevate popgaf to a higher plane.

Iconic user name, too, sis.

3phemeral

Mumei-siS, of course I have <3

I use this superior version and just clip out the needlessly long drum intro. That flute, that whistles, that ad-libs

I also use the version that is actually the first incarnation of Butterfly before Walter A. got his hands on it.

Have you ever figured out what the Elton John sample in that track is, by the way?
Oh wow, I didn't know it was originally intended as just a house record by itself.

As for the Elton John sample, are you two referring to this?

Oh wow, I didn't know it was originally intended as just a house record by itself.

As for the Elton John sample, are you two referring to this?
Yes, I've seen that page before. Still don't hear it.

Elton John is credited as a writer on the album's liner notes, but I don't hear any overlap tbh

It still keeps me up at night :-<

3phemeral

Yes, I've seen that page before. Still don't hear it.

Elton John is credited as a writer on the album's liner notes, but I don't hear any overlap tbh

It still keeps me up at night :-<
Yeah, I've listened to it several times and don't know what exactly is being sampled. All of her other samples are easy to spot, but this one is a head scratcher for me.

lawD, Money ($ * / ...) is just everything

And only in a cruel, unjust world will Meteorite, You Don't Know What To Do, and Dedicated not become smash singles

Partition

Banned

We share many faves, welcome!

lawD, Money ($ * / ...) is just everything

And only in a cruel, unjust world will Meteorite, You Don't Know What To Do, and Dedicated not become smash singles

MONEY ($ * / ...) is too DOPE!!

'You Don't Know What to Do' NEEDS to be released as a single now! ABSOLUTELY a summer time smash!

A bunch of flop talentless artists. Go back to trolling popjustice, kiefer.

Tch, what kind of delusional, low self-esteem fuelled mess? Go back to your street corner and pray that someone will take pity on you.
ibanifdRBZDZI.png

My soulmate :***
*.*

Never Forever do I know you from Twitter? >.>

No, sorry :(

Yay, I'm so happy for her getting some more exposure. All those 'first hit Solange has ever had haw haw haw' comments just made me sad because the True EP is really good, Losing You is amazing and it's just a shame that she's completely overshadowed by the lead vocalist of Destiny's Child.

On iTunes it says that Do It Again actually comes out tomorrow on the 25th (well, here in Grand-Bretagne, idc about anywhere else), so get your coins ready tonight sistren. Only £4.49. Bargain.

Also, that Tinashe cover is amazing. Reminded me how I am quietly perchedT for Aquarius after a bop like 2 On. 2014 is being too kind to me
and unkind to my wallet considering how I'll be a student in September and will have to spend money on actual necessities like food :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
You'll always be mine, sing it to the world
Always be my boy, I'll always be your girl
Nobody's business, ain't nobody's business
Ain't nobody's business,
But mine, and my baby
Mine, and my baby,
But mine, and my baby
But mine, and my baby, ooh

YASSSSS Slay me Rihanna and FIST

&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

Vazduh

Yay, I'm so happy for her getting some more exposure. All those 'first hit Solange has ever had haw haw haw' comments just made me sad because the True EP is really good, Losing You is amazing and it's just a shame that she's completely overshadowed by the lead vocalist of Destiny's Child.

Losing You was one of the best pop songs of 2012, that's for sure. It's tragic that Blood Orange and Solange aren't on good terms anymore, because who knows how many more bops they could have made. She needed more exposure, but who knew that the elevator incident, of all the things, would lead to bigger sales :S

Ain't nobody's business,
But mine, and my baby

XiidW2x.gif

Fist, ha power. That bop is one of my favorites off Unapologetic.

Chandelier is punching me

Not Sia keeping the best for herself I can't even

Even though it sounds like a Rihanna song, I'm glad Sia kept it for herself. Last night, when I went for a walk around town, I had Chandelier on repeat, and I swear, every time she hit that high note, it felt like a rush of adrenaline.

Mau ®

Ain't nobody's business,
But mine, and my baby
Mine, and my baby,
But mine, and my baby
But mine, and my baby, ooh

&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

Nothing will ever beat this tho:

Know you've been hurt
by someone else
I can tell by the way
you carry yourself
if you let me here's what I'd do
I'll take care of you

RIP Aubrih &#128557; &#128557; &#128557; &#128557;

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;113260222 said:
Nothing will ever beat this tho:

Know you've been hurt
by someone else
I can tell by the way
you carry yourself
if you let me here's what I'd do
I'll take care of you

RIP Aubrih &#128557; &#128557; &#128557; &#128557;

Sorry but

Cake cake cake cake
Cake cake cake cake
Cake cake cake cake
Cake cake cake cake

Is better

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Even though it sounds like a Rihanna song, I'm glad Sia kept it for herself. Last night, when I went for a walk around town, I had Chandelier on repeat, and I swear, every time she hit that high note, it felt like a rush of adrenaline.
I don't think Rih could do the chorus justice tbh

But yes that chorus is absolute fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom