• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
uMMMMM Azaelia being a trainwreck is nothing new. This is the same Azaelia that jokingly suggested a collab with that mess Lily Allen on Twitter and Lily blew her off with a "I think I'm busy that day". You know Lily Allen??? The same chick that lied about being offered a cameo on television's #1 show Game of Thrones through her brother Alfie Allen and Alfie threw her under the bus by saying she COMPLETELY fabricated that story in an interview? (If she showed up on GoT btw I'd toss my Blu-Rays in the trash) So if that washed up mess is even steering clear of Azaelia thinking it'll damage HER image, what does that say about Azaelia? Her time was up about 2 minutes after it started.

2363321-ibrataladulc5g.jpg

In other news, Person Of No Interest Sia Furler is complaining about her dry cleaning on Twitter. Bless. What a girl.

Also, she said 'stans you can be lovers' when she knows full well Lovers are Queen Aphrodylie's stans, and she's nothing but a ratchet wannabe.

#FuckSia

SaintZ

Is that the same guy from the WC video? He's like her real lover and the other guy is just for fun. Queen of continuity and storytelling. ;_;
Yes, it's the same guy it seems. He's also ha tattoo artist IRL, I think.

I have to say that yes, some parts of the video dragged, specially the ones with Lana in the space. This part tho

lanapool3uvsva.gif

Queen of Pools.

royalan

The flawlessness of Tough Love has me relistening to Devotion...

110% is such a perfect walking-through-the-city-on-a-sunny-afternoon-wearing-tight-blue-jeans-with-a-phat-ass song.

Koodo

Banned
I'm glad we all still refer to the song as 110% rather than whatever name it was forced into for the stateside release.

Sweet Talk is my summer anthem from Devotion though.

Tokubetsu

On the dude she keeps using in her videos (the one with face tats), she said in an interview that she likes using him because of that tats and how he has sort of willingly closed himself off from a large part of the modern working world. He has some quote on his face that's supposed to reflect that and thats why she loves him.

Something to that effect.

Also, I am here for the Jessie Ware love. Definitely. Fuck what they did to 110% for US release.

Vazduh

Yeah, the sample was removed and she renamed it to "If You're Never Gonna Move".

I'm reading the Wiki page, it says that the sample was changed from "Carvin' my initials on your forehead" to "Coming on a mission like a warhead"?! WTF?

Tokubetsu

Yeah, the sample was removed and she renamed it to "If You're Never Gonna Move".

I'm reading the Wiki page, it says that the sample was changed from "Carvin' my initials on your forehead" to "Coming on a mission like a warhead"?! WTF?

Was it a label thing or Big Pun's estate? Because Pun's been dead for awhile and they don't really do much with his shit. You'd think they just take a check and let her eat but who knows.

Vitanimus

Get a little closer, let fold
Cut open my sternum, and pull
My little ribs around you
The rungs of me be under, under you

I'll cut the soft pockets, let bleed
Over the rocky cliffs that you leave
To peer over and not forget what feet are
Splitting threads of thunder over me

Listen closely, closely to the floor
Emitting all its graces through the pores
You make a fine shrine in me
You build a fine shrine in me

Ready for new Purity Ring tbh

Tokubetsu

Get a little closer, let fold
Cut open my sternum, and pull
My little ribs around you
The rungs of me be under, under you

I'll cut the soft pockets, let bleed
Over the rocky cliffs that you leave
To peer over and not forget what feet are
Splitting threads of thunder over me

Listen closely, closely to the floor
Emitting all its graces through the pores
You make a fine shrine in me
You build a fine shrine in me

Ready for new Purity Ring tbh

Me too.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The flawlessness of Tough Love has me relistening to Devotion...

110% is such a perfect walking-through-the-city-on-a-sunny-afternoon-wearing-tight-blue-jeans-with-a-phat-ass song.

I've literally only listened to like two other songs besides Tough Love today.

LordT it's too good. Every time I listen through I have a new favourite lyric or delivery or aspect of the production.

The So you wanna be a man about it? Do you have to?

Pleading and sincere and perf.

End me Jessus Ware ��

And the production from 1:57, when it moves from merely being perfect, to ascending to a totally differenT plane of existence.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Wait at Azealia. Get that promo and release Wallace, bitch.

lanapool1tjs79.gif

OMG I haven't listened to Ultraviolence in full yet. The songs I've heard so far are a mix of great to blah... Florida Kilos sucked on the first listen, but Guns and Roses gave me life. I might have to write a review for this one

Listening to the second half of UV for the first time. I also prefer Guns and Roses :0

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 13m
Huge difference between what goes on in the minds of men north and south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 26m
You said Aid I have no body but your wife has a disproportionate box butt. And it's fake.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 27m
You fucking conditioned ass, chitlin circuit, no reading ass motherfuckers.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 28m
Your wife tried to teach ur kids the value of a dollar and she took them to the pizza shop to be servants.

Over the edge

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Although the word iconic gets thrown down a lot, the shot in the gif is exactly that. ICONIC.

Btw, I'm a bit drunk right now so I'm sending kisses to y'all. You're the best :**********

You know where you can PM the nudes. ;)

The Flop

Banned
AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 13m
Huge difference between what goes on in the minds of men north and south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 26m
You said Aid I have no body but your wife has a disproportionate box butt. And it's fake.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 27m
You fucking conditioned ass, chitlin circuit, no reading ass motherfuckers.

AZEALIA BANKS @AZEALIABANKS · 28m
Your wife tried to teach ur kids the value of a dollar and she took them to the pizza shop to be servants.

tumblr_n4rgurRGeW1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Listen to this if you need some boppage after the mellowness of Ultraviolence. I know the lead single is already on the Spotify playlist, but the other three aren't, sooooo yeah. It's Robyn-lite, all sad and dance-y. So it's still sad like UV, just different. Beautiful vocals.

And then there's Naomi Pilgrim, a cross between the two Robyns, because she is both Barbadian and Swedish! It's kinda soul, R&B, electropop modern shit. Reminds me of Janelle a bit. Good tho. She was a backing singer for Lykke Li.

Imogen Heap has an announcement soon, meaning she is very likely finally bringing all the disparate strands of her project together. Praise be.

Not touching the thirst even tho I love you sis, know that I can always be trusted to remain thirst-free
because I need l-o-v-e-e-e and affection that nudes cannot provide

Vazduh

Yaaaas for all the liquor, now let me awaken my inner ho, just for you.

Now, to avoid getting banned for being offtopic, I'd like to leave something I stumbled upon earlier today, which is a preview for the upcoming EP from a British electropop band called Deluka. Not sure if I like the lead singer's vocals or not, but I do like the band's sound, especially the preview for "The Only Ones".

Deluka - Bonds EP preview

Deluka - Home

NinjaBoiX

If you guys are really digging Lana at the minute, I just remembered about this smooth and sexy jam today, it's in a vaguely similar vein. Smoky vocals, moody instrumentation and hip-hop beats. It comes YKN approved if that holds any sway round these parts:

Cat's vocal man, hnnnggg:

Handsome Boy Modelling School feat. Cat Power - I've Been Thinking

"I've been thinking 'bout
Why you act so proud
I've been thinking 'bout
What's this shit about
Am I losin' control
Am I losin' my soul
Just tell me am I losin' you"

Also, something a bit fresher while I'm here, (that's an old tune) any Lianne La Havas fans in here might want to check this out:

Tourist feat. Lianne La Havas - Patterns

npPIo.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Madonna serving up some Street Fighter Poison Realness

Cannot believe how stunning this woman is even into her mid fifties.

LEGEND

UTtrSXs.jpg

Vitanimus

http://open.spotify.com/album/27375uJjKjcpoM1DOxC5j9
Listen to this if you need some boppage after the mellowness of Ultraviolence. I know the lead single is already on the Spotify playlist, but the other three aren't, sooooo yeah. It's Robyn-lite, all sad and dance-y. So it's still sad like UV, just different. Beautiful vocals.

And then there's Naomi Pilgrim, a cross between the two Robyns, because she is both Barbadian and Swedish! It's kinda soul, R&B, electropop modern shit. Reminds me of Janelle a bit. Good tho. She was a backing singer for Lykke Li.

Imogen Heap has an announcement soon, meaning she is very likely finally bringing all the disparate strands of her project together. Praise be.

Not touching the thirst even tho I love you sis, know that I can always be trusted to remain thirst-free
because I need l-o-v-e-e-e and affection that nudes cannot provide

erm these both shit a bit, yeth lordth

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Linkin Park will be 3rd place on the charts while Lana and Sam battle it out for #1.

So much for LP destroying Lana
ahh.gif

MDNA

Neo Member
I bought Ultraviolence today. It’s going to take some getting used to, because it’s a lot darker and more alternative than Born To Die/Paradise, but overall I’m enjoying it. I really like about two-thirds of the tracks, but the rest have yet to click with me.

Brooklyn Baby is the obvious standout. I’m really digging the title track, Shades Of Cool, Money Power Glory, Old Money, Black Beauty, and of course West Coast. Florida Kilos is a really fun track, it lightens the mood nicely toward the end of the album. My personal favourite is her cover of The Other Women, she sings it beautifully and really brings the lyrics to life.

1) Listened to Birthday for I think the first time? It's super cute. I dig it.

2) Comparing Lana Del Rey to Taylor Swift is like comparing a relationship advice expert to Taylor Swift. Stahhp. Obviously people didn't review UV with fucking "Red" in mind as nobody thinks of Taylor in any context except her own, if even that.

3) Paula Abdul has an amazing discography.

4) I would like Kylie and Robyn's music much much more if their voices were 18 octaves lower. Same with Britney and really anyone who sounds like the new Reeboks I bought yesterday.

5) There's no fifth thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom