• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaga's impact
ec20fb7f.gif

Yaaaaaas!

Grizzo

Mau ®;120567697 said:
Brehs,

Make sure to get into the AOTY.

real talk, I just discovered her through this song featured on the soundtrack of my favorite rom-com of all-time, Celeste & Jesse Forever (with Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg)

I'm gonna check out her album!

Cynosure

BlueBadger, what are your thoughts on the greatest vocalist of our time, Christina Aguilera?
cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

If this is a hip-hop track and not some love ballad that only women who define themselves by their instagram account would fall for then I am HERE. FOR. IT. Chris and Drake know how to make quality bops.

a love ballad? lol it could only be a Rih diss track
the collab makes no sense otherwise

BlueBadger, what are your thoughts on the greatest vocalist of our time, Christina Aguilera?
cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

She'll always have a special place in my heart tbh LOL! I still listen to Stripped all the time <3

And I know it didn't exactly do well, but I loved Lotus ;___;
I hope nobody judges me LOL. Screw it, no shame. :3!

3phemeral

I totally agree with the first two. Especially Hostage. I mean, what. the. fuck, Sia. But those other three, really?! They're far from Trash. Especially Fire Meets Gasoline and Free The Animal. Oof. I love FTA, although I suppose I can see how the distortion bothers you...
FMA just reminds me if those other songs I mentioned, so I can't get into it when I feel myself wanting to sing the others. There's A LOT about FTA that I do like, but after literally listening to the album nonstop for three past the days, I find those negatives I mentioned too distracting for me to enjoy the rest, otherwise I would probably love it.

I'll listen to Burn the Pages again but nothing about it stuck out to me. When I say trash for this track, it's not necessarily that it's bad, it's just there's nothing that allows me to form an opinion either way. It's just there and I don't react to it. I suppose a better category would be "filler," but I tried to keep my opinion concise without adding too many categories. :p

Did anyone listen to that Fairy Tale song I posted? I liked it enough to give them my coins for that track, but I didn't really care much for the others that were part of the same EP.

siSteren

Beyonce was ***FLAWLESS

My unvarnished thoughts:

1) Jay looks fucking OLD man

2) Mumei, wait until you check out the concert videos. What she did with "If I Were A Boy" and "Resentment" and "Why Don't You Love Me" and...just amazing reimaginings of those songs. Her vocals need to be heard in person to be believed. RESONANCE. STAMINA. PROJECTION. Her head voice JESUSHH

3) Beyonce's Lauryn Hill cover (Ex-Factor) was the highlight of the night. I successfully avoided all spoilers, so my psychic bopping was at maximum capacity at that moment. Her singing Timberlake's part in Holy Grail was also a welcome surprise. My physical bopping, though? On the guardrail during Partition 8===D~~~

4) I could've gone without Jay, but the format meant ZERO intermissions or breaks. The hype started and the flow never broke. Classic after classic bop for almost three hours straight.

YASZAS mama

EDIT: Oh, and never before seen home video during Halo of naked pregnant Bey with a HUGE belly. We get it, you have great prosthetics. Stop forcing it, Carters.

Why does Sia not like showing ha face???????
Have you seen it?

I've fallen in love with Florence + The Machine again.

Lungs and Ceremonials are just so damn good.
When the heck is she gonna come out with a new album? This year hopefully?

9b5f67d8.gif

Can Iggy put out a good music video without piggybacking off of good films? *jeopardy jingle*

Also I forgot to partake in POPGAF Listens this week due to travelling ahh *_*

Mumei

2) Mumei, wait until you check out the concert videos. What she did with "If I Were A Boy" and "Resentment" and "Why Don't You Love Me" and...just amazing reimaginings of those songs. Her vocals need to be heard in person to be believed. RESONANCE. STAMINA. PROJECTION. Her head voice JESUSHH

Link me when you see some uploaded~

Link me when you see some uploaded~
MUMEI

HAUNTED WAS SO AWESOME

THE LIGHTING, THE SPECIAL EFFECTS, THE VOCALS

AND I'M PRETTY SURE SHE SANG LOVE ON TOP IN A HIGHER KEY THAN THE ORIGINAL, IT WAS INCREDIBLE

My only disappointments:

- Jay was already there, so no "Deja Vu" was a crime (maybe that's just my hate for the exe crable "Upgrade U" talking).

- "Blow" and "XO" would've been sweet cherries on top of the delicious pie I was served, but I can't complain - the setlist was almost 50 songs as it is!

- Not as much emphasis on her band as usual. I would've loved one of their jazzy interludes or the way they interpreted "Sweet Dreams" and such.

It was fabulous, amazing, yawS. Now I just need to see Sohyang and Chante Moore and that'll complete my trifecta of the gerls I need to see live before I die.

NinjaBoiX

Leona, no Deja Vu is indeed a crime. Probably my favourite single of hers.

(Haven't heard any of her albums to be fair.)
I know I repeat these ad nauseum when I recommend Sia tracks, but if you loved Breathe Me, you'll love the God Tier songs above in addition to:

Soon We'll Be Found ***** (seriously amazing)
I Go to Sleep
You Blew it All Away
Ah, cheers man. I'll check these out.

Lol, here was me complaining that peeps don't check out my links, and loads have flown by since yesterday and I haven't checked out a single one!

Just really busy at the minute, just moved to a new city so getting settled into my new job/flat and whatnot. I'll try and check out the stuff you other guys posted this afternoon when I have a few hours free.

Keep the tunes coming guys!

Ugh Leona. I'm fuming just reading that whole synopsis. I'm so jelly! I need to get my spiritual awakening and ever lasting life from Bey.

Blue Badger, but wait. Not only can you sing boy, but cute as hell too! You betta werk.
Not gonna lie though, I thought you were a famous Glee character at first.

Blue Badger, but wait. Not only can you sing boy, but cute as hell too! You betta werk.
Not gonna lie though, I thought you were a famous Glee character at first.

!!! Me?! O___O wow... That's so sweet of you!! <3 thank you so much!!! :')
I'm totally blushing...
thanks for taking the time to listen to my channel <3

Chandelier, Big Girls Cry, Elastic Heart (I prefer the solo Sia version on the alber oop), Fire Meet Gasoline.

The rest was just kind of there for me. But I'll try to give it more listens before writing anything off completely. I just don't see it for Burn the Pages tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom