• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
praying for you girls without PS

iI2D93WlfGQr2.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Roar is her best video of this era followed by Unconditionally and Dark Horse
but TIHWD is trash and the video fits it. A Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence tea

i2hgzWWyn5Hxt.gif

Roar is her best video of this era followed by Unconditionally and Dark Horse
but TIHWD is trash and the video fits it. A Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence tea

i2hgzWWyn5Hxt.gif

I do really love the Roar video. But I think I put Dark Horse right next to it. It's because I love anything Egyptian-themed X___X

Aguila

#ICONIC
Yesss, another convert! Just remember these few tips:

1) before recording, choose the 33 FPS option (it's in the REC button)
2) always turn off the "green screen" option (it's in the editing window)
3) if the gif is too big, just resize it (also in the editing window. Just click on the 100 % and slide to the left while holding the mouse button)
4) save the gif with a "quantize" option

Noted. Thank you King Vazduh, king of gifs
jaunevif29.gif

Edit: This is not available for mac jjjjjjjjjjjj

SaintZ

Bye the TIHWD video is better than Dark Whore's. It looks cohesive, fun and not thrown together at the last minute. It also doesn't have Katy eating spicy cheetos and turning people into dogs.

i2hgzWWyn5Hxt.gif

Queen Asia is serving tbh.

Bye the TIHWD video is better than Dark Whore's. It looks cohesive, fun and not thrown together at the last minute. It also doesn't have Katy eating spicy cheetos and turning people into dogs.

i2hgzWWyn5Hxt.gif

Queen Asia is serving tbh.

Asia is already so jaded from fame. lol

Aguila

#ICONIC
The Tough Love tracklist:

1. Tough Love
2. You & I (Forever)
3. Cruel
4. Say You Love Me (feat. Ed Sheeran) (🙊)
5. Sweetest Song
6. Kind of... Sometimes.. Maybe
7. Want Your Feeling
8. Pieces
9. Keep on Lying
10. Champagne Kisses
11. Desire

Deluxe

12. All on You
13. Share It All
14. The Way We Are
15. Midnight Caller

Out October 6th

Vazduh

Noted. Thank you King Vazduh, king of gifs
jaunevif29.gif

Edit: This is not available for mac jjjjjjjjjjjj

Nooooo! That really sucks. Hopefully whoever did that program ports it to MacOS.

Inna needs to release Good Time without Pitbull. And stop featuring these shitty rappers on her songs.

I know, right? First it was Daddy Yankee, then J. Balvin and now Shitbull.

At least when she released More Than Friends, she released a solo version, which was much better than the other one.

Speaking of that song, what a cute, feel-good, summery generic bop, even with the
completely unnecessary
autotune.

xhp3aOA.gif

It was written by Thomas Troelsen, who's also responsible for Good Time and my current guilty pleasure, Butterfly by f(x).

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Elders React To Pop Stars: Elvis Presley

Will any of our faves illicit such strong and unanimous reactions in 60 years time?
I mean really from the last 15/20 years I can only see Beyonce, Spice Girls and maybe Britney. Even those three at a push

SaintZ

I've been listening to Tove Lo's Truth Serum and I was expecting some kind of indie sound based on the Stay High Remix but it's just a regular pop album. It's cute tho.

She also uploaded a live session on Spotify but she doesn't sound that great (specially during Habits) :$

Styles

You said you never met one girl
Who had as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

And we walked down the block to my car
And I almost brought him up
But you start to talk about the movies
That your family watches very single Christmas
And I want to talk about that
And for the first time
What's past is past

ibgyQ5cCrNHure.gif

Good evening ladies and gents. In 2002 Sade dropped a bomb on me. I'd always liked Sade coming up, but I felt it was more for grown folks. Well, I was grown in 2002 (26, younger than Mumei is now, I believe) and Love Deluxe slayed me like few before it. I think you all know Sade slays, it's not a secret. I've you haven't heard it (wtf is wrong with you?) Give her a spin and get your life.

Most of the bonus tracks are LIVE so you can experience how unbelievable tight her band is. Get into it chirrens.
iZ64bRCXkVBXT.jpg

"No Ordinary Love"
"Feel No Pain"
"I Couldn't Love You More"
"Like a Tattoo"
"Kiss of Life"
"Cherish the Day"
"Pearls"
"Bullet Proof Soul"
"Mermaid"

Bonus:
"Smooth Operator"
"Your Love Is King"
"Is It a Crime"
"The Sweetest Taboo"
"Jezebel"
"Love Is Stronger Than Pride"
"Nothing Can Come Between Us"
"King of Sorrow"
Somebody Already Broke My Heart
-----------------------------------------
I, like most of America, paid Seal's 2nd self titled release dust when it came out. It wasn't until "Kiss From A Rose" was included with the new Batman movie, did anyone pay it any attention. Instead of copping the soundtrack (because there is only one Batman soundtrack worth your time) I got the album instead. I was not expecting to be slayed, but slayed I was. This is a pretty damn good CD. Give it a go.

I never gave Seal another chance after this, I'm probably missing out.
iYq5cYJlTS1sP.jpg

"Bring It On"
"Prayer for the Dying"
"Dreaming in Metaphors"
"Don't Cry"
"Fast Changes"
"Kiss from a Rose"
"People Asking Why"
"Newborn Friend"
"If I Could" (duet with Joni Mitchell)
"I'm Alive"
"Bring It On" (Reprise)
------------------------------------------
Zhane popped on my radar with the infectious single "Hey Mr DJ." I didn't get interested in the album til one day while watching The Real World: San Fransisco, Pedro Zamora (R.I.P. I cried soooo hard when he died at the end of the season.) met him a boo and they played "Sending My Love" while they went on a date. At the end of that episode, they listed the songs, and I copped it shortly thereafter.

Anyway, the album slays. Especially the back half, starting with "Love Me Today." If you like vocal harmonies, you'll [L O V E] Zhane.

Sidenote: If for a reason doesn't give you the feels, you're dead inside.

Pronounced Jah-Nay should have been titled Pronounced Jah-Slay. lol.
isNyFrRQ9BejC.jpg

"Hey Mr. D.J."
"Intro (Interlude)"
"Vibe"
"Sending My Love"
"Sweet Taste of Love"
"Changes"
"You're Sorry Now"
"Love Me Today"
"Off My Mind"
"La, La, La"
"Groove Thang"
"For a Reason"
"Hey Mr. D.J. (Remix)"

Bonus:
"Shame"
"Crush"
"Confusion"
------------------------------------------
A hip hop album kids! In 1990 I wasn't much into hip hop. I wouldn't really start liking it until The Chronic/Doggystyle/Born To Die records came out. My mom, however, was and brought "Sex Packets" home one day and started playing it and I thought it was pretty dope. Bop after bop after bop, I was like.... okay, there might be something to this rap stuff after all.

I do believe this is the first rap album I ever loved. Although it might be a tie with Bytchez With Problems (female "gansta" rap duo. mom introduced also.) debut (only?) album.
(Royalan Get into this and this *cackle* and this)

Back to the main point. Digital Underground slays your rap faves and you should give em a go. The back half of this album, from The Danger Zone is everything, get your lives.
ibnJ5mGpNozaVv.jpg

"The Humpty Dance"
"The Way We Swing"
"Rhymin' on the Funk"
"The New Jazz (One)"
"Underwater Rimes (Remix)"
"Gutfest '89 (Edit)"
"The Danger Zone"
"Freaks of the Industry"
"Doowutchyalike"
"Packet Prelude"
"Sex Packets"