• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

It's a recording of someone playing the track, hard to tell what it really sounds like but it's pretty much a joke song.

"pussy put him to sleep, now he callin it nyquil"

33740_600.jpg

yass Daddy M

TPMUcvd.gif

I wish I was that flexible tbh o_o

cory64

I can't believe I was alive to experience My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy & Yeezus when they were first released. My children could never.

Yo cunts, my course has ended and I'm really fucking sad because I love London and I want to go back already but ugh whatever

Anyway, to sum up my musical experiences this week:
- I realised I don't like Mariah Carey or Madonna particularly much any more
- Heavy Metal and Reflective is a fucking bop, as are multiple tracks in her storied discography, especially Esta Noche. Azealia Banks the human may be a mess but her music is tight af. I stan.
- Why are ppl so astounded by LP1, it was obviously going to snatch weaves in multiple dimensions, believe in Tallulah, I can probs predict my top ten albums of the yr overall right now tbh, year of the hipster girls killing it for better or for worse
- Bang Bang is much better than it has being any business being tbh.
still nothing purchase-worthy tho
- Marina and the Diamonds is quality
- When you don't compare Little Red to On A Mission you actually realise that it shits on everything ever and it's so much better than you originally gave it credit for being.

/end

Also my auntie introduced me to Belinda Carlisle who shits on your faves and I have What's the 411? to listen to tomorrow so that should be fun. I went to a performance of the songs of Kurt Veill too, was interesting.

Has this been posted?
Janelle Monaesus- Electric Lady (AKA one of the best songs of 2013) music video.

- When you don't compare Little Red to On A Mission you actually realise that it shits on everything ever and it's so much better than you originally gave it credit for being.

right? RIGHT?

The negativity surrounding the release and how 'it wasn't as good as On A Mission' totally clouded discussion on how good the album was regardless.

After hearing the first two singles from this album I've dialed my expectations all the way down. I don't know why I expected good music this time around considering what her albums sound like.

I have myself as well. I was already to stan her after Pink Friday And Pink Friday reloaded (Because I hated both of them) because the tone of this album was suppose to sound different, but it's not. Idk what she is thinking but she needs to get it together before she is replaced.... However....

Can Bey fix this..

mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif~original

cory64

wait the HQ of Anaconda is a total

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

perched for the video

But not her verse structure serving How Many Licksus and failing miserably in comparison.

royalan

Stefan™;123685241 said:
tumblr_n9ngqcQrVd1qb86xno1_500.jpg

Lord having a moment of tranquility with Her new album before unleashing hell.

The calm before the storm.

ioKGPUgFjnQjO.gif

...does she really just walk around a major city alone like that? Sitting on park benches and shit?

Like, who does that? Not even average bitches like you and me do that...

I'll give her one thing: Taylor Swift may not be talented, she may not be graceful, and she may have the posture of an arthritic troll...but damnit her promo machine is top notch. She's amazing at creating these Pinterest-like moments around herself that sync well with her album eras.

The straight-out-of-a-CW-show fashion, the random emo walking-in-parks-like-it's-the-90s shit. Letting the paparrazi catch her in these natural, picturesque moments...I feel like I already know what this album is going to sound like. She's been prepping her audience for months in advance without actually saying a word about it. Brilliant.

cory64

Say he don't like em bony, he want something he can grab

He can tell I ain't missing no meals

Fuck the skinny bitches in the club
I wanna see all the big fat ass bitches in the muthafucka club

Yeah, my momma she told me don't worry about your size
She says, boys they like a little more booty to hold at night
You know I won't be no stick-figure, silicone Barbie doll[

I'm bringing booty back
Go ahead and tell them skinny bitches Hey
No, I'm just playing I know you think you're fat

tumblr_n9ngqcQrVd1qb86xno1_500.jpg

not all these new songs attempting to drag beautiful people

also that Meghan girl is almost as bad as Iggy with the accent changing

...does she really just walk around a major city alone like that? Sitting on park benches and shit?

Like, who does that? Not even average bitches like you and me do that...

I'll give her one thing: Taylor Swift may not be talented, she may not be graceful, and she may have the posture of an arthritic troll...but damnit her promo machine is top notch. She's amazing at creating these Pinterest-like moments around herself that sync well with her album eras.

The straight-out-of-a-CW-show fashion, the random emo walking-in-parks-like-it's-the-90s shit. Letting the paparrazi catch her in these natural, picturesque moments...I feel like I already know what this album is going to sound like. She's been prepping her audience for months in advance without actually saying a word about it. Brilliant.

Yes, you better lowkey set up your eventual stanning this era.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I forgot.
chick3.gif

GncOXX1.png

Did anybody listen?

TBvFFkt.png

Overall, I was slayed hard by only three songs. When I Grow Up, I Hate This Part, and Love The Way You Love Me.

Okay, When I Grow Up is such a MAJOR bop, oh my god. I'm not new to it, but I was slayed all over again. It's like THE perfect pop song. The theme, vocal effects, the beat, the buildup to the chorus, the hook. Wow.

I Hate This Part is a very catchy ballad. I love the last half of the chorus/hook/idk.

I wasn't really feeling anything after these two songs, until LTWYLM. It felt like such a nice break from the dramatic/club songs in the middle of the album. The beat was cute, it has a nice hook, and another girl other than Nicole actually starts singing.

The only other noteworthy songs that I remember were Takin' Over The World (I like the production on this) and the last ballad, I'm Done.

i hate them and i hate that album. i could barely make it through "when i grow up." its so crappy. it sounds like something a castmember from a real housewives show would record.

Aguila

#ICONIC
i hate them and i hate that album. i could barely make it through "when i grow up." its so crappy. it sounds like something a castmember from a real housewives show would record.

o
chick3.gif

I think When I Grow Up is better than anything Gags, Katy, Rihanna, Britney, etc. have done recently. It reminded more of Britney, when she used to be good (Toxic, Gimme More).

royalan

I really like Red and I never listen to kpop. And she looks so good in the video ��

You know? I don't follow K-Pop as much as some, but I've really come to respect it. K-Pop really has become the last bastion of of the True Pop Performer. At least what Pop looked like when I was growing up. Elaborate stage sets, crazy music videos, fly choreography, catchy music that doesn't take itself too seriously and is all about capturing a moment, larger-than-life idols. THAT'S Pop to me.

K-Pop idols have to be able to sing (well enough), dance, perform, be funny when appropriate, be serious when appropriate. Be all-around trained entertainers. Imagine an industry where EVERYONE has the work ethic of Beyonce, and early Christina and Britney. THAT'S K-Pop.

The world could learn something.

You know the chorus has her singing about monkey butts?

"A monkey's butt is reeeeed~
Red is Hyuna, Hyuna is AH~"

Either way she's hot as fuck and can perform. All of her solo efforts are terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom