• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Kpop has seriously amazing physical packaging for their albums. I bet sales would be better in Western markets if they took after them and made physical albums look valuable.

This is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMoD7UTJSiI

Yeah, I've got a few copies of Kpop albums. I feel like the packaging style would really take off with groups like 1D where people have favourite members and whatnot because you can often choose your favourite member and receive a copy of the album themed after them.

(stan for pink bible)

edit: get into e.via/tymee though, korea her vulgar princess
Shake!
FROM YOUR BITCH (uses Lil Kim's Black Friday beat lmao)

royalan

my love for St. Vincent grows with her collaboration with David Byrne: Who is a BOP

I'm really starting to stan for St. Vincent.

I've been liking her music for a while now. But I REALLY Loved her Nirvana tribute at this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this year. She rocked it.
Unlike Lorde, who shouldn't have even been there.

Vitanimus

I'm really starting to stan for St. Vincent.

I've been liking her music for a while now. But I REALLY Loved her Nirvana tribute at this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this year. She rocked it.
Unlike Lorde, who shouldn't have even been there.

I only listened to her discography about a month ago but it reminds me of when I first listened to grimes and I just devoured all of her music and became completely enamoured with it

Actor is my favorite St. Vincent album I think, although I've still barely touched her debut, Marry Me bar the first few tracks. She's also playing near me in a couple of weeks and I have no one to go with :(

Cynosure

I only have one Taylor Swift Album

1. You Belong With Me
2. Sparks Fly
3. Last Kiss
4. Innocent
5. Enchanted
6. State of Grace

that is Speak Now to me
a perf pop-country short album
sQ0ww_zps5a22d393.gif

royalan

Sistren this is the mood I'm in tonight. Get into this alberm:

myWBwr2.jpg

Corinne's gorgeous cherub voice, the noted depression due to the fact that most of this album is about her husband who overdosed the year before. Just a great album...

Trigger

Sistren this is the mood I'm in tonight. Get into this alberm:

Corinne's gorgeous cherub voice, the noted depression due to the fact that most of this album is about her husband who overdosed the year before. Just a great album...

Bless. I'm not the only one who liked The Sea. It's a lovely album.

Before I get into today's album:
I'd like to thank the Academy and Lil Kim (for accepting on my behalf) for my Knee Rewards Gold Card !
iklOjeF0aXmz8.gif

In case you missed it, here's a recap of my award winning posts:
(Rufus Featuring) Chaka Khan - Ask Rufus
Teena Marie - It Must Be Magic
Mary J. Blige - What's The 411?
RuPaul - Supermodel Of The World
The B-52's - Cosmic Thing

Janet Jackson - Control
Monica - Miss Thang
Tweet - Southern Hummingbird
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way?

Maxwell - Embrya
Me'shell Ndegeocello - Peace Beyond Passion

Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun
Jill Scott - Who Is Jill Scott?
Minibosses - Brass

The Dead Presidents Soundtrack
Love Jones Soundtrack
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly Soundtrack
The Bodyguard Soundtrack
The Preacher's Wife Soundtrack

Kelly Price - Soul Of A Woman
Dionne Farris - Wild Seed - Wild Flower
Faith Evans - Faith
Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
Luther Vandross - Forever, For Always, For Love
Luther Vandross - Busy Body
Luther Vandross - The Night I Fell In Love
Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason

Anita Baker - Compositions
Mariah Carey - Emotions
Sade - Love Deluxe
Seal - Seall (1994)
Zhane - Pronounced Jay-Nay
Digital Underground - Sex Packets

tumblr_m00qx6hOO81rphgdro1_400.gif
VyufkQS.gif

Twerking-oo.gif

iA56i4ccQjfKq.gif

Babies, in 1992 (a then 20 year old Robido,) was not ready for the slayage that was about to come. Madonna had always skirted the edges of being everything, but had yet to deliver an album that lived up to the hype. Madonna had singles for [D A Y S] (see:The Immaculate Collection) and her videos were ALWAYS on point, but as the Rihanna of her time, I didn't take her seriously because, outside of her singles, her albums were soooo lackluster.

I began to see hints of greatness in 1990. Vogue dropped (everything), then the Blonde Ambition tour (which at the time was everything, compared to past tours,) the ICONIC VMA performance of Vogue, The Immaculate Collection release, then the Truth or Dare documentary. I mean... you got the sense that Madonna wasn't playing anymore and she was about to do the damn thing. And do it she did.

When Erotica dropped, I didn't run out immediately and get it because of her track record. But then the singles started slaying (Erotica, Deeper & Deeper, Bad Girl, then Rain) and I had no choice. The CD (and the Sex Book) got copped and I officially became a STAN.

With this release Madonna became my became my #2 obsession and I haven't wavered in my love since.
(that's a lie, the Evita era tried my patience)

Gorls and bois, declare your fealty to the one and only Queen of Pop, Madonna.
iyfE7xDMIAoX6.jpg

"Erotica"
"Fever"
"Bye Bye Baby"
"Deeper and Deeper"
"Where Life Begins"
"Bad Girl"
"Waiting"
"Thief of Hearts"
"Words"
"Rain"
"Why's It So Hard"
"In This Life"
"Secret Garden"

Watch these tour vids to see why your fave is trash.
Vogue [The Girlie Show]
Deeper And Deeper [The Girlie Show]
Frozen [Drowned World Tour]
Sky Fits Heaven [Drowned World Tour]
Future Lovers [Confessions Tour]
Get Together [Confessions Tour]
Live To Tell [Confessions Tour]
Heartbeat [Sticky & Sweet Tour]
Miles Away [Sticky & Sweet Tour]
Celebration - Audio Only[MDNA Tour]
Madonna walking on the backs of your faves:
ibotJmhICxCCai.gif

Vazduh

Congrats to Rob for the card!!

Hyuna just slayed the motherfucking game.

EQRaVYc.gif

She really did. It's such a catchy song, and the video is amazing.

You know the chorus has her singing about monkey butts?

"A monkey's butt is reeeeed~"

That's like a kid's chant in South Korea, isn't it? Nonsensical lyrics aside, it's a fun song :)

Speaking of catchy K-pop songs, I find the debut single from Red Velvet really catchy. Apparently Chad Hugo (yes, that Chad Hugo) was one of the writers.

Red Velvet - Happiness (alternate link with English subs)

UMD2vdH.gif

The video is nice, too!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
fhxawkjfhcawief a
the thread in ot

Maybe it's just because I'm so used to the FEMINIST GODDESS version, but this feels so soulless in comparison. Idk, an interesting and engaging track has lost something.

It's a bop, sure, but the original was too.

They're apparently shooting a video and everything, so it should be interesting to see how it fares. Probably going to get performed at the VMAs too. Clearly somebody high up in Team B is concerned with getting a hit single, and Flawless was always the track with all the hooks, so I suppose it was just a matter of time before they excised Queen Chimimanda in order to reshuffle the song for radio.

Latch

Maybe it's just because I'm so used to the FEMINIST GODDESS version, but this feels so soulless in comparison. Idk, an interesting and engaging track has lost something.

It's a bop, sure, but the original was too.

They're apparently shooting a video and everything, so it should be interesting to see how it fares. Probably going to get performed at the VMAs too. Clearly somebody high up in Team B is concerned with getting a hit single, and Flawless was always the track with all the hooks, so I suppose it was just a matter of time before they excised Queen Chimimanda in order to reshuffle the song for radio.

They're apparently shooting a video and everything, so it should be interesting to see how it fares.

Is that where Rih will make her guest appearance?

ibrvyWDupdpWCu.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
everything about this remix is just horrid
the autotuned vocals
the mismatched production
the forced lyrics
the removal of bow down
the addition of nicki
just horrid

Vazduh

The original source is Daily Mirror so take the following rumor with a big-ass grain of salt.

Calvin Harris is giving songs he wrote for former girlfriend Rita Ora to Alexis Jordan.

Although Calvin was working on Rita's upcoming album while they were together, he has reportedly offered tunes he wrote for her to the 22-year-old singer who is hoping to relaunch her career three years after her debut single 'Happiness'.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Alexis has an amazing voice that works really well with house music, she's a fan of the genre and hoping to put new material out soon.''

Source

If this is true, I'd be here for that, tbh. While Alexis Jordan is far from the most charismatic singer in the world, she's quite good at what she does. Bring on Happiness 2.0.

Until her next single, let's reminisce with a Sia-written flop-bop.

Alexis Jordan - Acid Rain

D1q2WZm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom