• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently found out that my friend who I attended the Monster Ball and Born This Way Ball with thought the lyrics for

"I want your psycho
Your Vertigo stick
While you're in my rear window baby you're sick"

was actually

"I want your Psycho
Your Vertigo Stick
Watch you in my window while your baby is sick"

fwbfudkjn
I was once at a resort in the Philippines and they had a live band playing, and the vocalist sang
"I want your loving when your baby is sick"

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I recently found out that my friend who I attended the Monster Ball and Born This Way Ball with thought the lyrics for

"I want your psycho
Your Vertigo stick
While you're in my rear window baby you're sick"

was actually

"I want your Psycho
Your Vertigo Stick
Watch you in my window while your baby is sick"

fwbfudkjn

kfjc halksjdhf cafd how even
I think Marina's biggest detractor is that her voice is far too interesting and acrobatic to think she can sing over some generic dance-pop and hope it works out. the #quirky and #indie sound of the family jewels complemented her vocal talent that electra heart didn't quite capture, imo

valley of the dolls is shit

iblzMsYeaEs0fu.gif
Living Dead comes close.

what nonsense theyre both sublime
hallehappydance.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it truly continues to baffle me that there are people who don't think bad romance is by far and away gaga's best song

but applause is like so david bowie
0e0d8778.gif
0e0d8778.gif
0e0d8778.gif

re: marina, i like valley of the dolls and living dead, they're fun :x

i remember the first time i listened to family jewels and she wailed unexpectedly, i fell off my chair

her and florence need to get their acts together so i can lipsync along to interesting female vocals again
49302c4d.gif

Nemesis_

I'm not sure whether it's because Bad Romance is so overplayed, but I've listened to everything else on the Fame Monster so much more than Bad Romance. Even Teeth.

Monster and Dance In the Dark >>>>>>>

I think that might be why too. But yeah I think the only song I really don't play a lot on that album is Speechless and Teeth. I have to be in a really specific mood to spin those tracks.

Everything else though >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yaaas, a fellow Nadia Oh stan!

uXaU8MF.gif

There's no denying that the girl was completely talentless (and clueless - I mean, just watch this clip! OMG!!!), but still, I find the entire Nadia Oh project fascinating.

Fun facts:

-Both Hot Like Wow and Colors were basically vanity projects for Space Cowboy. He wrote and produced every song.
-Jam Sutton, who directed Azealia Banks' Yung Rapunxel, also directed Nadia Oh's first music videos (My Egyptian Lover, N.A.D.I.A. O.H.). If I had to guess, he's not exactly proud of his work since there's no mention of that on his Wikipedia page.

For those not familiar with Nadia Oh, treat yourself to the following trashy delights:

Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover
Nadia Oh - Freak
Nadia Oh - S.E.X.
Nadia Oh - Taking Over The Dancefloor (Kate Middleton)

THZCxaO.gif

Bonus track: oOoOO - EGYPTNLVR (Witch House remix of My Egyptian Lover)

Stan.

Hocus Pocus her bridge has some of the greteatest lyrics of our generation.

O-M-G LOL
I'm now casting a spell

Not to mention her growl in Beauty and a Beast.

Icon.

Things I am living for at the moment:

Sam Smith only giving a shoutout to Charli in that IG post.

Sam Smith completely ignoring Katy both in photo and in the IG post.

Riff Raff being cropped out.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what even is a riff raff tho

i feel like this is a pitbull kind of situation where there was no pitbull and then suddenly it's everywhere

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
fuck let me stan sam smith
we should all cut the trash out of our lives, let him be a lesson to us all

oh and looking at his twitter jessie ware has got married

Gaga just unfollowed someone who said they weren't excited for C2C
the way they said it was rude but this is so her. whenever someone doesn't like something she's done, she's incredibly aggressive about it and acts like they hate her/aren't a real fan. it was the same with the #PromoteOnlineKindness thing when people were calling the ARTPOP era a mess (which it was).

Gaga just unfollowed someone who said they weren't excited for C2C
the way they said it was rude but this is so her. whenever someone doesn't like something she's done, she's incredibly aggressive about it and acts like they hate her/aren't a real fan. it was the same with the #PromoteOnlineKindness thing when people were calling the ARTPOP era a mess (which it was).

She's human... I'd get that way if someone says something rudely passive about me. Get them out ma face

Matt_

Not that anyone stans them here, but one of the 5sos members nude pictures have leaked
im sure some tweens are shocked
3581119_orig.jpg

Calum Hood @Calum5SOS · 13h
Least ya know what it looks like now

I was about to say something judgey about that 5SOS guy

Then I remembered that I couldn't buy a film rated 15 a while back because the old bitch was convinced I was younger and wouldn't be moved on the matter

Rip

And Mumei, that is a fascinating article. I love CDs, but for new releases it's often so much cheaper to buy them on iTunes. Meanwhile, you can pick up great deals for pop girls on CDs from five years ago, whilst they stay fairly expensive digitally.

Partition

Banned
Every song on Electra Fart is vile, besides Radioactive I guess. Especially "How To Be A Heartbreaker" god that song gets on my nerves..

Meh, Ariana's another pop label hijack who's gonna have a whole lot of catchy songs written for her but whose complete lifelessness on stage and in interviews will be a constant reminder that she is not the captain of her own ship. PASS

Mau ®

"My Everything" will ensure she has enough hits for now til' Q2 2015.

By then she'll be putting the finishing touches on Ari3. Truly the new Rihanna *.* Even any Rihanna album doesn't as many bops back to back as "My Everything".

Mau ®;127669168 said:
"My Everything" will ensure she has enough hits for now til' Q2 2015.

By then she'll be putting the finishing touches on Ari3. Truly the new Rihanna *.* Even any Rihanna album doesn't as many bops back to back as "My Everything".

The Rih deprivation is getting to you, sis.

Seek help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom