• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Mau ®;109296351 said:
Has the news that Bey semi-stole Drunk In Love from Future been posted here?

Oh.

itD2tM5DTGe9E.gif

royalan

The world needs to stop being so fucking sensitive.

I feel like we're being thrust back into the dark ages when we aren't allowed to enjoy, be inspired by, and partake in each other's cultures.

Are we really regressing back to a point where, if you're white, only do "white" things?

And, if you're black, only do "black" things?

And if you're male, only do "male" things?

And if you're straight, only do "straight" things?

And if you're a drag queen well, damn, don't do anything.

Because if you step out of the bounds of what's been deemed "acceptable" for your race/creed/sexuality, someone with a Tumblr account is going to label your actions "cultural appropriation" and slander you as a racist/sexist. And the world is going to actually listen to that dummy.

Mau ®

I saw the Avril video and I think it's pretty obvious the video was meant to be ridiculous and shit.

The most offensive thing about it is the fact that dub step breakdowns are still happening in 2014. Fuck the what?

Vazduh

The worst thing about Avril's Hello Shitty video is that she could have done something low-budget, yet fun. I was hoping for something in the vein of M.I.A.'s Boyz/Rihanna's Rude Boy, only in pink color with Hello Kitties popping up from everywhere, lol. But not this boring crap.

Although I have to admit I'm amused by all the attention she's getting at the moment. Get that publicity, Av!

So sistren, what was your first physical CD that you bought? The earliest I can remember was Spice.

Hm... Well, when I was a kid,
which means somewhere around the year 1762
, I would always buy cassettes because they were much cheaper than the CDs. But I think that the first real CD might have been either the first Backstreet Boys album or the Spice Girls one.

This gif is killing me
ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif

I try to (even though I'm in the gaming and off topic sections more frequently) but work has me all dried up and since, my music game has been weak. It's a good thing you guys have started posting the latest on here but half the time I can't keep up. Iggy's album is out and I don't even have to time to listen to it :(. Since I'm so way back, I can't really add anything to the current conversation and it sucks. I still get laughs from the draggings tho. I'm still around though :)

But continue slaying Vazduh!

:* I'm glad you're around :) Whenever you find something good, don't forget to post it here, I love most of the stuff you post.

Listened to Solo Dancing by Indiana tonight, what kind of amazing?

OMG, I know, right? It's fantastic. Like Koodo said, it's such a ferocious bop.

Btw, the Swedish-Australian kweens Say Lou Lou have released the music video for their fantastic new single, Everything We Touch.

Say Lou Lou - Everything We Touch

And Becky G uploaded her new single to her VEVO account, although it's region-blocked. Probably a good thing? lol

Becky G - Shower

Avril should join that J-Pop group where the fans can vote in and out members and voice their displeasure at any BMI fluctuations until the members bow to the intense pressure of it all and shave their heads

Vazduh

Avril should join that J-Pop group where the fans can vote in and out members and voice their displeasure at any BMI fluctuations until the members bow to the intense pressure of it all and shave their heads

:screaming:

Too bad that the adult version of AKB48 (SND48) is no more, I mean, just imagine Avril doing this kind of stuff, lmao:

i1byh5tBNuYgE.gif

fcylQgW.gif

The gifs are from the following video: SND48 - Undergirls B-Abazure (I gotta give credit to chocomaro for introducing me to this)

Vazduh

Will any of your faves put out a song as good as Loyal?

I think not.

They already have, just click on the banner below
5Me7MpK.gif
Although I don't mind Loyal, it slays a biT.

This is the POPGAF Spotify playlist (click the banner). It is a collaborative playlist so you are able to add your own music to the mix.

late night jamming and i found this gay club bop

Awesome
pSlGFJ5.gif

Solangesus is coming

I wish she'd make up with Blood Orange and give us another Losing You.

Styles

Boy, when you're with me
I'll give you a taste
Make it like your birthday everyday
I know you like it sweet
So you can have your cake
Give you something good to celebrate

So make a wish
I'll make it like your birthday everyday
I'll be your gift
Give you something good to celebrate

i81H1NHQOk1c0.gif

cory64

I had a dream I turned a corner and Lana was playing a private show to a few people standing around playing a new song from ULTRAVIOLENCE and it was so beautiful that I started crying and after she finished she came up to me and gave me a big hug.

Loyal fucking slays. That beat
Stan sis. It needs a legendary Nicki verse tho

edit: not Queen B on the cover of Time's most influential

SaintZ

Btw, the Swedish-Australian kweens Say Lou Lou have released the music video for their fantastic new single, Everything We Touch.
Say Lou Lou - Everything We Touch
Omg yessssssss. They tweeted a pic yesterday but I thought we'd have to wait a bit for the video. Glad this wasn't the case. I have liked all their videos and this is no exception. This is also my favorite song so far and I hope they see some success.
enhanced-2891-1398194889-2.jpg

Avril, our never aging Goddess
Nnnnn at least Avril still looks the same. But what a tragic assemble. Lord Kelly looks awful, I'm so glad she turned it around.

Also Cultural Icon keeps making the headlines:
Rolling Stone
Billboard
ABC News

iTunes:
Hello Kitty - #366
Avril Lavigne - #160

Not this amount of coverage since 2007. Legend.

hellokittyminnavwim6.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The desperation to go viral is real.
It was alright, I wish we saw reveals for all of the parties though
The elderly folk seemed to be enjoying themselves too which is nice I guess

expecting gifs of her as the jewish guy in her underwear to be everywhere very quickly

When I hop out his new six
Fresh in some new shit
"Damn, she is too thick, who is this?"
Yeah I'm his new bitch
I'm his new bitch

aquidamsandodeboas.gif

And I'm spending his new cash
Few trips, new bags
Damn, she is too bad
Oh you mad?
That I'm his new bitch
Yeah, I'm his new bitch

aquidamsandodeboas.gif

cory64

Janet isn't scared of Madonna's slick voguing
Cher thinks she can turn back time but it's not showing
Mariah smells blood, yeah she's about to slay you
kid ain't one to fuck with she's only on her debut
We're all watching Paula, lolol haha
Second best will never cut it for the divas
Give me the crown bitch, I wanna be Sheezus

Bladenic

When you say you've had enough
And you might just give it up
Oh, oh
I will never let you down
When you feeling low on love
I’ll be what you dreaming of
Oh, oh
I will never let you down

Actually kinda excited to hear her new album.

Nev

Banned
Wtf happened to Avril Lavigne? I liked her first albums, she used to make decent pop-rock.

The new album is utter garbage, and this Hello Kitty song is the worst. I can't see the day when anticlimactic, offbeat, dubstepish shit disappear from pop music. That day I'll be able to turn the radio on. I'm talking about the kind of headache-inducing garbage sound that can be found in pop songs like Starships by Nicky Minaj, Dark Horse by Katy Perry and this latest Hello Kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom