• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wtf happened to Avril Lavigne? I liked her first albums, she used to make decent pop-rock.

The new album is utter garbage, and this Hello Kitty song is the worst. I can't see the day when anticlimactic, offbeat, dubstepish shit disappear from pop music. That day I'll be able to turn the radio on. I'm talking about the kind of headache-inducing garbage sound that can be found in pop songs like Starships by Nicky Minaj, Dark Horse by Katy Perry and this latest Hello Kitty.

Avril Lavigne sucks since "Girlfriend". She went bubblegum shit with an edge. Starships slays and you'll deal. Dark Horse sucks but that aint new with Katy Perry.

SaintZ

Wtf happened to Avril Lavigne? I liked her first albums, she used to make decent pop-rock.

The new album is utter garbage, and this Hello Kitty song is the worst. I can't see the day when anticlimactic, offbeat, dubstepish shit disappear from pop music. That day I'll be able to turn the radio on. I'm talking about the kind of headache-inducing garbage sound that can be found in pop songs like Starships by Nicky Minaj, Dark Horse by Katy Perry and this latest Hello Kitty.
Avril made this song because she loves Hello Kitty and the video was for her Japanese fans. It's the only electronic song in her career. It is never going to be played on the radio and was meant to be released in Asia only.

I fail to see how her latest album is utter garbage when it's really similar to Let Go tbh.

And sorry but Dark Horse slays.

Touchdown

Banned
Janet isn't scared of Madonna's slick voguing
Cher thinks she can turn back time but it's not showing
Mariah smells blood, yeah she's about to slay you
kid ain't one to fuck with she's only on her debut
We're all watching Paula, lolol haha
Second best will never cut it for the divas
Give me the crown bitch, I wanna be Sheezus

YAS, take us back. What kind of #beautiful sheezus time warp

ieLUSGxsd0DVV.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Iggy's being all Fancy at #4 at the moment
I dont rate her album to highly but I'm glad she is doing well. Fancy is a certified bop and deserves the success

Drunk in Love (Gospel Version)

YOU FILLED ME WITH THE SPIRIT
AND NOW I AM LIVING
IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU JESUS
BECAUSE OF YOUR LOVE
WE PRAISE ALL NIGHT
LOOOVE!

iA3OPCk75Rux5.gif

Young woman has a nice voice however I would hope she will write praise music to sing & not use a filthy song to sing in church. Then the dancing was inappropriate both by the dancers & the congregation. They turned it into a mini club scene. It looks ratchet guys sorry.

Vazduh

When you say you've had enough
And you might just give it up
Oh, oh
I will never let you down

Actually kinda excited to hear her new album.

Here's a little something to get you more excited.

iVFJ2zOYmVbCh.gif

I don't want to stan for her, but fuck... if she delivers with her album, I'm going to have to.
tiJdxY9.png

Avril will never top the first two albums (I'll agree with you there), but c'mon, each album after those two had at least a few solid tracks. The biggest problem with her is that instead of progressing and growing artistically, she does anything but that. Goodbye Lullaby was a welcome small step forward (with songs such as Wish You Were Here, Push or Goodbye), but with this self-titled album she didn't do anything new or substantial. Working with Cad Kroeger didn't help, of course.

Btw, there are far worse songs than Starships or Dark Horse, which are perfectly decent/fun tracks. Take #SELFIE for example, which is supposed to cater to the young demographic and satirize it at the same time. It fails at both, tbh.

Hahahahah :D It reminded me of this Pour It Up gospel cover.

Life got me feeling ill (Still got my Jesus)
Communion wine, can I get a refill? (Still Got My Jesus)
My life ain't got no control (Still got my Jesus)
After Church, I'm going home (Still got my Jesus)

kGHWK84.gif

Cyport

Loving the Spotify playlist. I'll be adding my own tunes soon if that's alright, I know I don't really post here but I'll be making more of an effort

SaintZ

Mau ®;109402459 said:
Ch...

Where can i find the Spotify Playlist? Pretty please *.*
Here sis

This is the POPGAF Spotify playlist (click the banner). It is a collaborative playlist so you are able to add your own music to the mix.

• Do not add music that is more than 6 months old
  • Do not add full albums just the good tracks...
This is to discover new music faster, easily be able to grab it and add it to your own playlist.
Let me know if it doesnt work and please contibute. Enjoy!

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

I copied this from you know where :eli:
If we can't add old music why is #Beautiful there?

Ah man, Aya was such a great poster too. does she have a twitter?

Mau ®;109404934 said:
Thank you sis!

Already followed it. Let me follow some of the users there *.*

How do you follow people who are following the playlist?

I followed Marius and Pupi but it won't let me click on the 'followers' to see the rest.

JCX

Anyone ever go to Governor's ball in NYC? I want to see Janelle and Grimes this year but they aren't coming to Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom