• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Katy Perry is beating my fave's ass on the charts with her superior music, but at least my fave doesn't take her looks from a comic book
cry.gif
"

ahh.gif

Hey POPGAF. I was talking to Gravelord_Nito on steam the other day and he told me I should post here so here I am.

giphy.gif

I don't know how well I'll fit in here since I'm not that into any artists that fit with the community outside of Lana, Sky Ferreira, and maybe Tegan and Sara but that's okay. I'm always up for finding and sharing music so I'll definitely be posting around here sometimes, maybe.

I also applied to join the last.fm group so hopefully newbies are allowed.

royalan

Hey POPGAF. I was talking to Gravelord_Nito on steam the other day and he told me I should post here so here I am.

giphy.gif

I don't know how well I'll fit in here since I'm not that into any artists that fit with the community outside of Lana, Sky Ferreira, and maybe Tegan and Sara but that's okay. I'm always up for finding and sharing music so I'll definitely be posting around here sometimes, maybe.

Well, you stan Lana.

So you're already amongst the Elite of us.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

giphy.gif

Welcome to the best part of Gaf. :)

SaintZ

giphy.gif

Yas, more Lana stans! Welcome :D

ibswy8pph4jlqhu9a05.gif

I still like Problem and I listen to it every other hour.

royalan

Rih has been looking so fierce and carefree lately.

I need her to get off of Drake's dick for long enough to release some new music already.

Can somebody point me towards a decent list of "essential" pop albums? If there's something of the sort made by POPGAF that would be great.

I started to enjoy/appreciate most pop music fairly recently so I feel like I've missed all of the classics and such. :(

Or people could just tell me their faves and I'll add them to my list of recs if I haven't already heard them.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
2014 has been disappointing so far that I have found refuge in Kylie

Now dont get me wrong Kiss Me Once is mostly trash but Into The Blue and Sexercise
are incredibly and basically the best thing we have had so far. Its a shame Roc Nation
didn't do enough for her to raise her popularity here in the states or anywhere at all
I mean the poor girl doesn't even have a Vevo yet

ijZDejXWNNzQl.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can somebody point me towards a decent list of "essential" pop albums? If there's something of the sort made by POPGAF that would be great.

I started to enjoy/appreciate most pop music fairly recently so I feel like I've missed all of the classics and such. :(

Or people could just tell me their faves and I'll add them to my list of recs if I haven't already heard them.

Quickly mentioning pop girls. I will edit this with albums per artist.

Mariah Carey - Butterfly
Madonna - Ray of Light
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster
Natalia Kills - Trouble
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (PRISM SUCKS!)
Michelle Branch - The Spirit Room
Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
Ariana Grande - Yours Truly
P!nk - Funhouse
Nelly Furtado - Loose
Christina Aguilera - Stripped
Britney Spears - Blackout
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Make A Scene
Ellie Goulding - Halcyon Days
Rihanna - Loud
Shakira - Donde Estan Los Ladrones
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die Paradise Edition
Sky Ferreira - Night Time My Time
V V Brown - Samson and Delilah
Alexandra Stan - Mr Saxobeat
Inna - I Am The Clubrocker
Kimbra - Vows
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
Azealia Banks - 1991 EP
Ke$ha - Warrior
Whitney Houston
Brandy - Full Moon
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
Adele - 19
Beyonce - B'Day or Beyonce
Ciara - Ciara
Kelis - Food
Selena Gomez - Star Dance
Demi Lovato - Don't Forget
Kerli - Love is Dead
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Charli XCX - True Romance
Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
Ivy Levan - Introducing The Dame EP
Regina Spektor - Far
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel
Bjork - Vespertine
Little Mix - Salute
Sia - We Are Born
Dragonette - Fixin to Thrill
Goldfrapp - Head First
Robyn - Body Talk
La Roux - La Roux
Sara Bareilles - The Blessed Unrest
Rita Ora (Wait for her new album lol)

I think I didnt miss much on the list.

cory64

Rih slaying me endlessly *.*

icTsgjeD4sBVZ.gif

listen to the following albums
ABBA – Gold
Janet Jackson – Rhythm Nation 1814
Mariah Carey – Emotions
Bjork – Homogenic
Madonna – Ray of Light
Kylie – Body Language
Annie – Anniemal
Britney Spears – Blackout
Lady Gaga – The Fame Monster
Robyn – Body Talk

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Lady Gaga - TFM
Taylor Swift - RED
Ke$ha - Warrior
Nicki Minaj - PF: RR

i1XEXdMxKeuyM.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

I got into pop just a few years ago too so I can't really go ALL the way back, but here are some of my fave albums from recently :)

Charli XCX - True Romance
Ellie Goulding - Halcyon Days (the EP or the whole extended album *.*)
Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite
Lorde - The Love Club EP (or Pure Heroine, but at least listen to The Love Club because that song SLAYS ;_;)
Grimes - Visions (if your looking for experimental/electronic pop)

i grow bored of this rihanna photo set. she is just looking around dumbfounded with her mouth agape in all of them. its boring now. release some music.

Mau ®

I just listened to Ariana's Problem song...

Ya'll do realise you've been stanning a Talk Dirty rip-off all this time, right? I mean...

royalan

2014 has been disappointing so far that I have found refuge in Kylie

Now dont get me wrong Kiss Me Once is mostly trash but Into The Blue and Sexercise
are incredibly and basically the best thing we have had so far. Its a shame Roc Nation
didn't do enough for her to raise her popularity here in the states or anywhere at all
I mean the poor girl doesn't even have a Vevo yet

ijZDejXWNNzQl.gif

...I agree.

On one hand, Kiss Me Once is quintessential Kylie in the sense that it's unapologetic bubble pop and I do enjoy it.

But, on the other hand, fans were led to believe that two things would be different this time around:

1) After her successful (albeit smaller) US tour, it seemed like Kylie was going to put some real effort into cracking the States. She hasn't really done this since Fever, and it's always surprised me that that was the last album she did real promotion for here, seeing as Fever was a minor success here largely BECAUSE of her efforts (Can't Get You Outta My Head topped the Dance charts AND peaked in the Top 10 of the Hot 100, and her promotion for that album is the entire reason she has a gay audience in this country and why her tour sold out).

2) I like classic Kylie pop, but I'm not going to lie: I was intrigued by this "new direction" Kylie and her team were hinting. Maybe it was a trainwreck, but I still wanted to hear what a Kylie/Brooke Candy collab would sound like. And I DID want to hear more tracks like Skirt...which is STILL such a fucking flawless track and outside of what Kylie usually does.

Kiss Me Once doesn't deliver on either of these promises. While it's still a good Kylie album, it doesn't tread new ground and instead is basically "X pt.2" and we were led to believe she'd be making a major push in the US, but instead she's done no more than she usually does with her albums here. Hell, she's done LESS. She did Dancing With The Stars when she was promoting X here.

tmarques

Is it true that Kate Perry has a major booze/coke problem? First I hear about it.

[Blind Gossip] This Singer is an internationally-known pop star. We’ve talked about her drinking before, so you may be under the impression that that is her only vice. Nope!

Today we’re going to talk about her very serious coke habit.

To give you an idea as to how much she does, we’ll take you back to one particular night a year or so ago. She attended an awards ceremony, and, afterwards, went to an exclusive, members-only private club.

She asked around for some high-quality coke. She met directly with the dealer, and, after sampling his wares, instructed her bodyguard to “Pay him for an eight ball.”

For those who don’t do drugs, an “eight ball” is an eighth of an ounce or 3.5. grams of c*caine. Depending on the size of the lines you cut, that’s 10-20 lines.

It was a lot of coke… but it didn’t last long! She hoovered through that eight ball in less than an hour. Then the party moved from the club to a hotel room. Singer purchased another eight ball! She was still wide awake when the party broke up at 7:00 a.m.

Vazduh

I'm amused by Katy pulling a Kleptoncé.
ZcUrO1q.gif
Awesome.

Something else I just bought on PopGAF recommendation was Alpines - Oasis (the album), pre-purchased actually, to get the song "No Other Lover". I am really eager for the album! Never heard of them until Vazduh posted a link to Oasis (the song), which I really like and already bought.

Woo-hoo! They're great, aren't they? Glad you liked them. I'm hoping that the entire album is just as good as those two tracks.

Nice! Thanks for posting these songs. As for Jessie J, I can only say "ew, ew, ew!"

vRPmye5.gif

POPGAF is the best GAF. Plus, all of the gals here have varied
(read: awesome)
taste in music, so that's why I believe you'll fit in just great. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom