• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

demigod

No way I'm getting a standard PS5 Pro on PS Direct rather than Amazon - 1 year vs 2 years of warranty. I was only interested in the exclusive Pro bundle for myself to use, but got no luck with a 20 minute queue.

And the more I think of it, the more I'm convinced I will be fine with a PS5 slim disc at half the price of Pro + separate disc drive.
How would you get 2 years warranty from Amazon?

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I can’t believe there is some people in here that could have got the 30th pro but didn’t.
I tried friend. I had £1,200 transferred to do the deed and they were sold out.

Sony clearly didn't want to capitalise on a highly popular console.

Inglorious Basterds Idk GIF

King Dazzar

Collectors go crazy over numbered units like what is on the pro bundles
Yeah I guess, PlayStation want to create excitement. But I now realise its the limited edition which likely caused my delay this morning. And like I say, its going to surely piss off some their most dedicated fans.

Anyway, I've got my normal one, so all is good. You got yours yet? You're after two aren't you?

sono

Gold Member
I can’t believe there is some people in here that could have got the 30th pro but didn’t.
I was in and pressing add to cart (which button was available at around 10:15 uk) but it didnt add to cart no many how many times I tried. The pro just went in to cart first go.

gutted

I remember back on 2014 with the PS4 LE there was a small restock on the site and some more people managed to get it.

Should we still hope? I am just thinking that the consoles went out extremely fast, like the stock was on low quantities on purpose ( I know it's only 12300) but still.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah I guess, PlayStation want to create excitement. But I now realise its the limited edition which likely caused my delay this morning. And like I say, its going to surely piss off some their most dedicated fans.

Anyway, I've got my normal one, so all is good. You got yours yet? You're after two aren't you?
I am in the US so have about 3 hours before they go live. Got up early to get my old man jog/walk in and get ready

I am after 2 but will wait for Gamestop to get theirs to grab a second one

King Dazzar

I am in the US so have about 3 hours before they go live. Got up early to get my old man jog/walk in and get ready

I am after 2 but will wait for Gamestop to get theirs to grab a second one
Unless you're after the limited edition, I'd be inclined to let the noise pass. I dont think the standard Pro will be in short supply and you'd save yourself the queueing faff. Good luck man.

Edit: scratch that they are going out of stock lol

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, some people want that retro design, it looks great.
But seriously the only reason i would bother buying this would be profit.

PS5 Pro most certainly will get revisions like the PS4 Pro.
Maybe there will be more Limited Editions too, even of games I like.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
In my country the legal warranty is 1 year from the manufacturer + 1 from the seller.
Are you sure that’s how it works? Cause it’s the same here, but they overlap, so you get 1 year warranty with both. How does that work? Amazon does the first year and Sony the second year?

skit_data

Got my preorder down so I will probably be able to get it day 1.
But it's over 10.000 SEK, so I'll see come launch day if I'll pay up. I'm still on the fence whether I really "need" it because I'm a bit short on money atm.

Edit: Damn, I just saw that my membership level on a retailer is high enough to qualify for the chance of buying a 30th anniversary bundle. Would be be pretty crazy to get one of those, so I'm gonna participate.

Last edited:

demigod

In my country the legal warranty is 1 year from the manufacturer + 1 from the seller.

Depends on the country, but in Europe it's goodwill. Amazon is very accommodating and also helps you in the second year.
I thought you Euros get 2 years regardless of where you buy and its from manufacturer. Can you actually just send the product back to Amazon for a replacement? Can’t do that here in USA after 30 days.

Illyria

Neo Member
I'll try to grab a pro 30th but if I don't get it I'll just wait on a Ghost of Yotei Pro(if they make it) or something. Wondering if Death Stranding 2 will get one.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
I thought you Euros get 2 years regardless of where you buy and its from manufacturer. Can you actually just send the product back to Amazon for a replacement? Can’t do that here in USA after 30 days.
We get 2 years guarantee from the retailer, but after 1 year you have to proov that it was already faulty when bought. Amazon doesn't care and repairs or replaces it or gives you your money back even after that year. Manufacturers can give you whatver warranty they want. Sony and Nintendo for example 1 year, Microsoft 2 years.

demigod

We get 2 years guarantee from the retailer, but after 1 year you have to proov that it was already faulty when bought. Amazon doesn't care and repairs or replaces it or gives you your money back even after that year. Manufacturers can give you whatver warranty they want. Sony and Nintendo for example 1 year, Microsoft 2 years.
Wow, i miss that when we had lifetime return with Costco.

Pre-ordered mine today. €800, ouch. But I think it's worth it 😀.
It was madness for the queue in France on Sony direct. All ps5 pro 30th limited edition where gone under 10 minutes....

digdug2

So not everyone who pre order's now will get it in the first batch?
I have a feeling that if you got your preorder in, you will get one. What I meant in my comment was that retailers stopped doing preorders once their allocated amount was gone. tommib tommib said that preorders stopped in NL, but as already mentioned, they're still available in the UK.

Kerotan

Got a regular pro, the 30th anniversary where still available but I couldn't justify it and would have ended up in the dog house with wife, as soon as you checkout they kick you back out in the queue too.
You should have told her unlike most of the shit she buys this thing will go up in value.

For those who pre ordered a regular Pro. Are you guaranteed to get it in the first batch? Or could you end up getting it a week or two after everyone else?

King Dazzar

If you get problems at checkout, it might be worth pasting the link into another browser. Worked for jm89 and myself. I think it might be something to do with when it moves you from the queue waiting area into the store.

Top Bottom