• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

j0hnnix

Im caught between taking my PS5 to gamestop and all my physical discs , including my old xbox scorpion edition and just doing it through gamestop.. and picking up an S to replace the one in my sons bedroom(he aint getting good shit) or getting the pro through direct , if i can and then trading in all this stuff for credit at gamestop. meh..

demigod

It says i'm early again, lol. How are you guys going through, it kicks me right back to the page not found.

Kvally

I’ve hit that and clicked on a few links and haven’t been sent back to queue yet.
Same here. But now I just hit the PS5 consoles link again, and it sent me back to the queue.

CtFbG3u.png

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
So let me get this straight, on Playstation's regular store website you can use AMEX cards to save/pay but on the "Direct" site they're listing everything except AMEX... What gives? I saved my Chase Visa card just in case on the PSX website, the direct one doesn't show what you have saved at the moment.. I want to avoid a problem later while trying to get the pro LE.

Poppyseed

yeah, doesn't look like anything matters queue wise until 10AM EDT. That's when queue will open in earnest.
Yeah but if you join the queue at 10am ET you'll be in a large queue. Seems to me the goal is to time your queue to let you in as close to 10am (but no earlier) as possible. Which is freaking hilarious and a total cluster.

Poppyseed

So let me get this straight, on Playstation's regular store website you can use AMEX cards to save/pay but on the "Direct" site they're listing everything except AMEX... What gives? I saved my Chase Visa card just in case on the PSX website, the direct one doesn't show what you have saved at the moment.. I want to avoid a problem later while trying to get the pro LE.
I could not get my payment method to save at all. So I gave up.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got thru the que waiting on page guess update it in a few hrs. Hope I get a bundle

Poppyseed

All gone, so much for "it's not gonna sell out at that price"
AB7CCBA.png
Just silly, and artificially increases demand due to the FOMO and when it comes back in stock it'll be another mad rush. No reason for Sony to play it this way. It's a PREORDER. You can't be out of stock of a PREORDER.

Toots

Gold Member
Could have gotten a "normal" PS5 pro, got greedy and aimed for the 30th anniversary ed.
Now i ain't got nothing.
SHoot for the moon, you'll reach the stars my ass...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I could not get my payment method to save at all. So I gave up.
It uses the same details as the Playstation Store & your PSN Account.
If you haven't got anything set up for some reason and the site won't let you set it up do it on the PlayStation or PSapp

Valonquar

Bah, got through the queue, and kept moving around pages to stay active, and it re-put me in the queue again with a 20 min wait.

Archie501

Neo Member
It will only save on PS Direct if you have purchased something

What I did was add a standard controller into my basket, then go to checkout and input my address. Then close the checkout section. That way it will hold the delivery address as you still have something in your basket. Then when you're able to purchase the pro quickly delete the standard controller and voila you've saved a little time.

sono

Gold Member
UK PlayStation direct both Limited and Pro editions pre orders are sold out completely now. So it took about 3 hours to sell out the pro in the UK, limited went in under 20 mins

Kvally

It uses the same details as the Playstation Store & your PSN Account.
If you haven't got anything set up for some reason and the site won't let you set it up do it on the PlayStation or PSapp
It doesn't. At least in the US is doesn't. PS Direct doesn't talk to the PSN Account/PS Store page.

Lol so now you'll have to time it so the queue will let you in right at 10am ET? Or so that you'll at least be active during that te frame?

How long are people staying active for before it kicks them back to the queue?

Top Bottom