• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Calverz

Thats a very premature take. I sat in a queue for over an hour. And you dont know how many they had to allocate. My impression is that demand has exceeded their initial expectations.
?
It started shortly after 10am in uk. Someone could access the website after 12pm and still buy the pro comfortably.

Original ps5 launch, the console was sold out in minutes. These are the facts.

CLW

Is there a queue/page for the "Standard" Pro when I swing and miss on the 30th Anniversary edition queue?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It doesn't. At least in the US is doesn't. PS Direct doesn't talk to the PSN Account/PS Store page.
Really? I got the information from someone in the US 🤔
So if go to profile and edit your details, it doesn't redirect you to your playstation account?

Kvally

Really? I got the information from someone in the US 🤔
So if go to profile and edit your details, it doesn't redirect you to your playstation account?
Correct. They are totally separate. It's like PS Direct is a different entity.

CLW

Well, just found out that we have a staff meeting at 9am today. Usually Wednesdays. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?
i quit dave bautista GIF by WWE

Now the question is, does this queue matter? Or will there be a new queue at 10am?

If you enter this queue now and you're stuck waiting for it to finish, can you enter that queue when it opens?

Is it better to not get into this queue?

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Have they been going up at exactly 10am in each region or a few minutes either way? Debating what to set my timer for so that I can stop paying attention to work for 10-15 minutes while I hammer refresh here.

I've been placed into the waiting room twice so far on the US PS Direct store. That's strange. I don't want the console, just a 30th anniversary edition Dualsense.

First time using Direct, how come when I try adding an item it doesn't add it to my cart?
Try a different web browser. On my phone chrome is having that issue but on my mac it's fine. I added edge to my phone and it works. The website isn't the greatest.

RyanEvans21

Now the question is, does this queue matter? Or will there be a new queue at 10am?

If you enter this queue now and you're stuck waiting for it to finish, can you enter that queue when it opens?

Is it better to not get into this queue?
I Think it matter if you already in their website.

Kvally

Make sure you are signed in. Even though I made it through the queue on my phone, it wasn't signed in. My browser on my Mac was signed in though.

I'm already on the site but people are saying that wont work and I'll be kicked out/have to re-que at 10 EST...I'm not sure if I trust people lol

Edit: Well now I'm back in a 30 minute que. One thing NOT to do is open the site multiple times once you're in on the same device because if you do it'll re-que you...

Last edited:

King Dazzar

?
It started shortly after 10am in uk. Someone could access the website after 12pm and still buy the pro comfortably.

Original ps5 launch, the console was sold out in minutes. These are the facts.
Yeah, but the OG PS5 was in short supply from the off. Too early to assess, but I think Pro is doing very well at this moment. We'll need to wait to see how it all lands with actual figures.

Archie501

Neo Member
Have they been going up at exactly 10am in each region or a few minutes either way? Debating what to set my timer for so that I can stop paying attention to work for 10-15 minutes while I hammer refresh here.
I was in a queue from 8:05am in the UK, but it did state "queue paused". Then at around 10:05-10:10am the page refreshed, there was a short yellow bar and countdown and I was able to make a purchase. I didn't touch the page at all just left it to refresh on its own

King Dazzar

I joined at 10am in the UK, whilst others had been queueing for an hour or two before that. I finally got to buy at 11:30 am. So I'd advise joining the queue earlier than 10am, but just know that it took me 90+mins at around 11:30am before I got to buy.

Top Bottom