• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

reinking

Gold Member
Scalpers don't play games. They're like console warriors. They just want the trophy to look at.
...and what do scalpers do with the consoles?

burnie burns money GIF by Rooster Teeth

Its showing the Pro bundle is $1000 in the US. Controller is $80. For anyone on the site can you tell us what you click on to see the pro bundle? Is it under "all consoles"? or in "new releases"? Or just on the main page??

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

Sony did this. I bet Switch 2 launch next year gets it right. All they had to do was scan their trophy database(with AI) for regular players and send them an invite to preorder the pro yesterday. Why would that not be the proper thing to do? Scalpers got rights too?

DeaDPo0L84

I just want the regular Pro, but if that classic edition is available when I'm in it's going to be hard to ignore it. Also yes I could get it and sell it for profit but I'm kinda over that stuff.

Now the queue line is paused. I doubt I'll get through now. Congrats to those that did. I'll try my luck on 10/10 when other retailers start taking pre-orders.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Sony did this. I bet Switch 2 launch next year gets it right. All they had to do was scan their trophy database(with AI) for regular players and send them an invite to preorder the pro yesterday. Why would that not be the proper thing to do? Scalpers got rights too?
I have 202 platinum trophies. I should get dibs on one of the 12,300

Zacfoldor

It ain't over. If you give up now you are a defeatist that gave up before the battle begins. Keep on that queue, they will let us in. This is just how the shit was last time. Hopeless right up until you get confirmation.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
You actually should hope it doesn't. Guess what happens to the PS6 price if that thing sells great.
I don't care if it flops or sells great. I just want one. I do not believe the PS5 Pro price isn't really going to change the price of the PS6 all that much. I expect it to be $700 minimum anyway. Prices are going up and people expecting a $500 PS6 are going to be severely disappointed.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is the queue now the only option? Whenever I simply try to go the page to view all consoles it loads the queue page only.

Nah, all gone. Lock stock the lot. Which was fine for me, I was only after the normal Pro.
Ugh. Well here we go.
What about the Portal?
I believe somebody said $219 for the Edge and the Portal. So $20 premium. I've had the Edge twice and didn't actually like it more then the regular one probably 75% of the time so idk if I want to bother at just under 2.5x regular price.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
Doesn't matter. This isn't targeting the regular gaming populace.
You are right, but still if this thing sells 20m+, i bet everything i have PS6 wont be any less then 650 Euro. The Pro is not just a loveletter for enthusiasts, it's also a price test.

Top Bottom