• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Radical_3d

Any luck, UK dwellers?

Edit: Oh, never mind, you’re one hour before Europe time. We’ll fight first.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

I 've been in the direct uk site since before midnight and refreshing every 10 mins. I haven't seen any queues. I am always seeing the main page.

Are you using https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb? or is there any other more direct link?
I've been refreshing that since 3:30am (couldn't sleep!) every 5 or 10 minutes. Shortly after 8am I was put in a paused queue and it says this:

You have been temporarily placed in a waiting room.

The queue is paused.
Get Ready for PlayStation® 30th Anniversary Collection and PS5 Pro!

We're currently experiencing a large volume of customers to our site. We're working hard to get you back in so you can place your pre-order direct from PlayStation.

Last edited:

TheTony316

I 've been in the direct uk site since before midnight and refreshing every 10 mins. I haven't seen any queues. I am always seeing the main page.

Are you using https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb? or is there any other more direct link?

I'm in Germany. I wasn't looking for a specific link, they just put me in a queue.

It says my queue is secured even if i leave the page and that i should keep my payment information ready, lol.

6i4yglih.png

Last edited:

emivita

Italy PS Direct here - no queue, but I have been refreshing since 7am. Got 400 bad request a couple of times, it seems to refresh fine now.

Archie501

Neo Member
Random queue? So you can queue for 2 hours and then be put behind someone who queued 2 mins before live
Kind of, as far as I'm aware it's allocated in groups. So if you are within the first group then yes your position is randomised. However if you only arrive 2 minutes before launch you would most likely be out in a much later group and thus not be in front of the first group.

lakmee

Austria PS Direct

You are temporarily in a waiting area.

Get ready for PlayStation® 30th anniversary collectibles and PS5 Pro!

We are currently experiencing high customer traffic on our website. We're doing everything we can to get it back up soon so you can place your pre-order directly with PlayStation.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

When the countdown reaches zero, you will be assigned a random place in the queue.
Don't worry - your place in the queue is safe. Opening multiple tabs or manually refreshing the page will not affect your place in the queue. The page will refresh automatically.
Please have your payment details ready. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.
You will need a PSN account to purchase directly from PlayStation. Have your login ID ready.

IPNsNFv.jpeg

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Run Away GIF
My country ps5 pro Preorder is on now , gotta rush back home and preorder today

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm in the queue in the uk, wish good luck for all UK gaffers, may one of us be successful at least.

I dont think there is going to be any stess in getting a standard version from somewhere for launch

It says the queue is paused in the UK

Ahhh well. I didn't want one anyway so its all good. Just the 30th anniversary

Last edited:
I'm in the queue here in the UK. Was not expecting to see anything but the normal PS Direct page until close to 10am. It's only 8:38am here and I'm at work. Oh well, if I manage to pre-order a PS5 Pro then great but otherwise I'll just try Amazon, GAME etc on 10th October.

FingerBang

Well, guess I'm screwed, I wasn't at my laptop and just joined the queue lol

Edit: nvm it says I'm going to be put in a random place

Last edited:
Sounds like it.

I wasn't even looking for the Anniversary edition but i'm thinking about it now. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
As you can see on your queue page (mine looks exactly like yours), your last status update is from 09:06 local time. Given (?) that the servers handling the HTTP requests coming in have been live since around 09:00, you can savely assume that by then, thousands of bots had already hammered this endpoint to receive a favorable spot in the queue. Since there's only 12300 units being produced, I think we can deduce from that that you'll get a regular Pro if you're lucky. Does anyone know if Sony also checks for duplicate shipping addresses during this process? Not that people with a host of proxy servers and different addresses would be held back by that...

Top Bottom