• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Neofire

Fucking hell! I missed the Portal but got a controller and get this shit.....the reason I wasn't getting through was because of the shitty ass Chrome browser. I switched to the Samsung one and it got through no problem.

I am still wanting the portal 30th Anniversary Edition if anyone will sell it to me!

small_law

No glitches. Got the waiting room at 9:55 AM EDT, ordered confirmed by 11:45 AM EDT.

With the price tag being so high, there's no way we see the kind of ravenous demand there was for the PS5 launch. Keep trying if you get stuck or dropped.

DosGamer

Ive tried like 4 different browsers... and I think I am going to give up.. I got one more chance going. This is soooo frustrating!

XXL

94s18c.gif

Alright, well I managed to secure a normal pro, a normal 30th anniversary controller (that I may keep in the box and just buy a handmade eBay version of one to actually use) and a controller charging station.

I bought a disc drive that should be at my house today or tomorrow. So all in all I’d say I made out decent. I’m definitely going to buy some third party base plates and disc tray cover to turn my pro into a clone of the 30th anniversary though. It’ll be pretty sick.

The best part is that I’ll still have my normal PS5 that I can use to bring to friends houses/my grandmas house (which is currently where my PS4 Pro is).

Fucking hell! I missed the Portal but got a controller and get this shit.....the reason I wasn't getting through was because of the shitty ass Chrome browser. I switched to the Samsung one and it got through no problem.

I am still wanting the portal 30th Anniversary Edition if anyone will sell it to me!
Funny enough, Safari fucked me and I downloaded Chrome on the App Store to get through lmao.

SRTtoZ

Oh SHIT I nabbed a 30th ann Portal when it was out of stock I kept refreshing and it went back in stock so I hit add to cart it said out of stock then hit it again and it went into cart and I was able to check out. Try this cuz people will have credit card issues and things will go back in/out of stock. Same for 30th ann controller.

Neofire

Oh SHIT I nabbed a 30th ann Portal when it was out of stock I kept refreshing and it went back in stock so I hit add to cart it said out of stock then hit it again and it went into cart and I was able to check out. Try this cuz people will have credit card issues and things will go back in/out of stock. Same for 30th ann controller.
Sell me that portal 😭

proandrad

Based on this thread and its 40 pages of people preordering it's basically the neogaf story :pie_roffles: 🤭
Stages of grief due to the price tag. We have made it to acceptance. Can wait to read post, “is the PS5 series s holding back devs.”

Last edited:

Neofire

Seems Sony pinged my payment to ensure amount then cancelled the pre authorization. First time pre ordering through PS direct. Didn't know they did that.

My order number hasn't been cancelled though.

bundylove

Annnddd its sold out on amazon in canada.

I think this will be sold out on and off till next year but wont be as bad as it was with the original.

Looks like all this doom and gloom had no effect.

Sorry pc peasants , the pro just ate your breakfast lol. Just joking

Last edited:

DJ12

And like I didn't mean they can't stop bots and straight up scalpers but it would be very hard to stop the average actual gamer trying to make a buck if they were able to snag one
With just 12300 worldwide, they could've sent out an email to ps± members asking to register interest, then put the people pre registering through some algorithm and enter the people who met the criteria into a ballot.

This would make sure most if not all would get into the hands of people that actually want to have one.

Sure a good percentage would still a scalp it if people are really paying double, to quintuple more for them. But there would be more chance they'd end up in the right hands

Vercimber

So on the site’s order page, I’ve gotten

30th DS
30th DE
30th Portal
30th Slim
PS Pro

These all show up in my orders, but I’ve only gotten an email for the Slim and the Pro. Anyone else experience this? I ordered all hours ago.

Top Bottom