• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You're here too?
TimYbfD.jpeg

Hahaha. I can't work out your account. I feel like you've come out of no where and you're trying your best to be one of the largest Sony supporters on Gaf. But your account has been around for a while.

I dig it

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I am a tech enthusiast and have an nice 65 inch Oled screen to play this on but still struggle to see the point. You have to have them side by side to tell the difference from the video Sony itself posted. Will pass and save it for the switfch 2. My base ps5 is still great.

Last edited:

bundylove

Don't want to derail but just speaking to burgers. When I go to shake shake or a diner it's over $50 for 2 people with a shake and I have to tip at a diner. burgers for 2 at a steakhouse it's around $125. Dry aged and I get app and dessert. Tip included and I'm not including alcohol
And thats how you can buy a ps5 pro easely. Dont eat out for a month

We lucked out the other day with my wife. Went to Notable on a sunday for dinner and turns out they have a fixed 3 course meal for 2 for $45 canadian each so $90 plus tip.
ANd its an upper end place

I am a tech enthusiast and have an nice 65 inch Oled screen to play this on but still struggle to see the point. You have to have them side by side to tell the difference from the video Sony itself posted. Will pass and save it for the switfch 2. My base ps5 is still great.
A lot of this is about being able to play at 60fps without shit image quality though. And especially if you have a nice OLED same as I do (A95L), then 30fps is beyond bad on them.

Kamina

Golden Boy
A better device doesn’t make the older model worse, so that fine.
Judging from what i saw with FF7Rebirth i decided the Pro is worth it for me, despite my initial anger over the price point

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
A lot of this is about being able to play at 60fps without shit image quality though. And especially if you have a nice OLED same as I do (A95L), then 30fps is beyond bad on them.
I am all fine and good but Sony has been very Coy with games running 60fps compared with 30 on the base ps5. It isn't double so you can't go from magical 30fps to 60fps especially when they did not upgrade the cpu.

sendit

I am all fine and good but Sony has been very Coy with games running 60fps compared with 30 on the base ps5. It isn't double so you can't go from magical 30fps to 60fps especially when they did not upgrade the cpu.
Most games already have a magical 60 FPS mode on the base PS5.

Pagusas

Elden Member
6Rg4P24.jpeg

Stayed in the queue on my phone from 9am to 10am and they finally let me in at 10:08 I can't believe I got it!
Surprising, I literally saw this thread popup a few minutes ago, was like "oh yeah that's a thing today" jumped on, and ordered it within 20 seconds. I guess maybe they just had a high level of initial traffic?

Last edited:

FrankWza

Surprising, I literally saw this thread popup a few minutes ago, was like "oh yeah that's a thing today" jumped on, and ordered it within 20 seconds. I guess maybe they just had a high level of initial traffic?
The 30th bundle and standalone accessories caused a lot of traffic. A lot of us were in the group of trying to get the 30th with the regular pro as a consolation

The normal Pro's are still available it's the limited edition that sold quick

King Dazzar

You say that, but then I look at some of the sold PS5 Pro listings on ebay....

o7dT6NL.png

Gotta remember that these are not for sale in every country
They're going for £850 upwards on UK eBay. One has a bid for £900. But it looks as though scalpers are trying to get an extra couple of hundred for standard Pro. They'll be losing maybe 15% commission, so small margin. I reckon most scalpers are out of luck unless they got the LE of course.

Sethbacca

PRO still being available on direct just shows how little interest there is on this console. BOMBA!
Alternate take, it's dropping to retail 3 weeks before the "official" start of holiday shopping in the US and they planned ahead and made plenty so that there aren't shortages leading up to the holidays.

Last edited:

FrankWza

They're going for £850 upwards on UK eBay. One has a bid for £900. But it looks as though scalpers are trying to get an extra couple of hundred for standard Pro. They'll be losing maybe 15% commission, so small margin. I reckon most scalpers are out of luck unless they got the LE of course.
Yeah. You have to be in the $950+ area for it to make sense for a couple of pieces. If you're in the U.S. and you get an order from Hawaii you could end up eating your shit on shipping.

Last edited:

Brucey

I almost skipped the disc drive--but then I'd have to use my XSX for movie discs and the drive in it is loud AF for that.

Also still have Elden Ring on disc and will probably want to get the DLC for it at some point (haven't been in the mood for it since launch).

I'll probably go fully digital next gen so will need to grab a standalone UHD/BR disc player I guess (not that I all that often watch discs I own these days).
I like the Panasonic ub820 for standalone playback

Top Bottom