• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Topher

Gold Member
File Transfer Protocol

nerds GIF

demigod

Available in the uk. I hope this sends the message and Sony come out at some point with "we listened, now it comes with the drive. Day one buyerss get the choice of x game"
You got double crow to eat, man.

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

Fuck all the stans defending them too. Like you.
But first, you should listen to yourself and buy a Pro.

Kings Field

Just got back from the range and also spending more money on a P90 and thought fuck it I’m not gonna wait till Amazon orders open up and was surprised they are still available so I ordered one.

I guess we won’t see these out of stock until maybe the holidays through direct? I doubt there’s manufacturing issues in 2024?

Happy days

sainraja

Hmm, yeah. I guess I will check my last order on PS Direct and the shipping address on it, I guess it's possible that I updated the address here before my PSN/PS Store account; don't remember making any purchases with Direct at new address though....I think direct at least uses our PSN account for authentication.

EDIT
Oops, can't check right now because the waiting process process kicked in again... it wasn't letting me add it to cart anyway so I guess not a big loss here.
Ok, so I was forgetting. I did order a controller after moving... so that is how they had my new address. I totally forgot. I thought I got the controller from Best Buy but never mind lol.

Last edited:

Brucey

Just got back from the range and also spending more money on a P90 and thought fuck it I’m not gonna wait till Amazon orders open up and was surprised they are still available so I ordered one.

I guess we won’t see these out of stock until maybe the holidays through direct? I doubt there’s manufacturing issues in 2024?

Happy days
I think at a regular $700 without drive there shouldn't be any stock issues just ordering when you want one post launch, or walking into a store.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
The demand is probably still low. You will always have scalpers and idiots rushing to buy these things on day 1. Look at all the people willing to waste their money in here. Oooh a single video trailer for one game with no gameplay.... and the people saying "sony is saved, ps5 pro bought.."... . ridiculous. The fact that corporate can buy some people off is crazy, all the sudden that $700+ doesn't seem bad to them.

Thing is those fools will soon be parted with their money, and that's about it. It will have a small bit of bump in the beginning and then fizzle out. The sales to this are going to pale drastically in comparison to base ps5. Demand isn't there, this is just normal scalper buyup that we see on all products today, unfortunately.

Whatever helps you sleep.

FrankWza

The Pro is going to be available at retailers. Most people prefer to buy there if they have store cards or for ease of returns and customer service if necessary.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The demand is probably still low. You will always have scalpers and idiots rushing to buy these things on day 1. Look at all the people willing to waste their money in here. Oooh a single video trailer for one game with no gameplay.... and the people saying "sony is saved, ps5 pro bought.."... . ridiculous. The fact that corporate can buy some people off is crazy, all the sudden that $700+ doesn't seem bad to them.

Thing is those fools will soon be parted with their money, and that's about it. It will have a small bit of bump in the beginning and then fizzle out. The sales to this are going to pale drastically in comparison to base ps5. Demand isn't there, this is just normal scalper buyup that we see on all products today, unfortunately.
You realize this machine was never meant to sell more than about 10% of the base PS5 plus a ton of us will be trading in or selling current PS5s already

I don't see people in here wasting money I see people spending money on a hobby they love

And why does it matter to you if people are wasting their money?

And sorry but $700 to a lot of people is in fact nothing to them to spend on their hobby

sainraja

I said a couple of weeks ago there wouldn't be a huge stock issue with the Pro, we aren't in a major chip shortage

This is no indication of how much interest there is
Yeah, there shouldn't be issues with stock at all. And people that are pushing for those narratives will always have something to say. If it doesn't sell out: "there is no demand" and if it does sell out: "they didn't make enough."

Last edited:

sendit

Welcome to the real world. How long have you been living in a cave?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Been at work so not sure if posted previously but the Pro is back in stock in the UK site

//DEVIL//

Pro isn’t sold out Canada means its doom for Sony .

They deserve it too to be honest with that shit price

Ehm. Anyway I have one preordered from Costco with the drive bundle but not sure if I’ll keep it or cancel preorder . Just wanted to follow the hype .

I did secure the 30th anniversary slim and second anniversary controller . Not the pro though . That was mission impossible

Last edited:

proandrad

Cry Love GIF by Pudgy Penguins

You forgot the dedicated hardware PSSR. That is a huge gamechanger, just like how HDR was more impactful than 4K on the PS4 Pro.
In a DF interview with Guerilla Games, they said they "back ported" their up-scaling implementation from a future game to Forbidden West. If they aren't bothering to use PSSR, who will?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
In a DF interview with Guerilla Games, they said they "back ported" their up-scaling implementation from a future game to Forbidden West. If they aren't bothering to use PSSR, who will?

We don’t know anything about their implementation, they may be using the ML hardware with a customized AI solution for their engine.

So technically they could, and likely are imho, using the hardware of PS5 Pro for that same purpose

Last edited:

bundylove

Call me an idiot
4KJkBoE.jpeg

Markio128

Gold Member
I will need to get a disk drive at some point because I do have quite a few physical games (Horizon FW and R&C being 2 of them), but I’m happy to wait a few months until the stock has built up again. I reckon I own at least 6 or 7 of the digital games that have been patched, so plenty to keep me occupied.

AngelMuffin

I will need to get a disk drive at some point because I do have quite a few physical games (Horizon FW and R&C being 2 of them), but I’m happy to wait a few months until the stock has built up again. I reckon I own at least 6 or 7 of the digital games that have been patched, so plenty to keep me occupied.
The drives are in stock on PS Direct.

Top Bottom