• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

AngelMuffin

I'm Canadian lol. It is just a wild price tag to see
I Get It What GIF by Tennis TV

dmaul1114

Do scalpers not realize the they bulk of the preorders go on sale 10 Oct?
I doubt many scalpers were interested in anything other than the rare 30th anniversary model.

PS4 Pro only accounted for 13% of PS4 consoles sold. They know this will be as or more niche with the higher price, that most people buying are upgrading from a PS5 they already have so they can just wait a bit if needed to buy at regular price etc. There’s not nearly the hype/demand/FOMO with a mid gen refresh as there is with a new generation console release.

That said, I imagine Sony probably held more stock of these to sell themselves than what they allocated to other retailers for the 10th since they surely make more per unit on ones they sell themselves.

You realize this machine was never meant to sell more than about 10% of the base PS5 plus a ton of us will be trading in or selling current PS5s already

I don't see people in here wasting money I see people spending money on a hobby they love

And why does it matter to you if people are wasting their money?

And sorry but $700 to a lot of people is in fact nothing to them to spend on their hobby
Do what you want, I'm not in your way. I just couldn't get over how quickly some people flip flopped on here is all. If you were set to get this from day 1 then that's cool. It's the people who pissed and moaned on about it after thr pro price was revealed only to backpeddle a day later. For what 1 trailer of a game that had zero gameplay. Really. That's what I'm talking about. How quickly people can part with money when it was a big deal 2 days ago.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Do what you want, I'm not in your way. I just couldn't get over how quickly some people flip flopped on here is all. If you were set to get this from day 1 then that's cool. It's the people who pissed and moaned on about it after thr pro price was revealed only to backpeddle a day later. For what 1 trailer of a game that had zero gameplay. Really. That's what I'm talking about. How quickly people can part with money when it was a big deal 2 days ago.
This is exactly why (imo of course) Sony announced the price when and how they did

Let some like Topher Topher ;) get the sticker shock out of the way then tease a cool color and slowly trickle out some game play several days later

excited let's go GIF by Rhett and Link
We Got Em GIF by Rooster Teeth

near

Gold Member
I can bitch about the price and still desire the console. Both emotions can co-exist.

XXL

Do what you want, I'm not in your way. I just couldn't get over how quickly some people flip flopped on here is all.
You're going to be super disappointed.

This is just the beginning of the flip flopping.

Just wait until this is out in the wild and head to head comparisons start happening.

demigod

So call them out? I only bitched about the price once after reveal but I always intended to get it even in that poll thread. Its fake outrage by the folks whining and clicking no on the poll yet still ended up preordering.

saintjules

Gold Member

Thank U GIF

saintjules

Gold Member
I can bitch about the price and still desire the console. Both emotions can co-exist.

The thing is it always felt like the complaints were speaking thoughts out loud to convince oneself not to get it but to also try to sway others to make them feel the same lol.

Alot of people were like:

'I don't need the Pro'

'Why does it exist?'

'I don't see any differences in these games to get one'

The entire day today everyone was hustling and having FUD trying to get this thing. No complaints and uncertainty now. Interesting.

Geoff Keighley needs a new Awards category at TGA this year - the 'Backpedal Moment of the Year Award'.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
So call them out? I only bitched about the price once after reveal but I always intended to get it even in that poll thread. Its fake outrage by the folks whining and clicking no on the poll yet still ended up preordering.

Yah, I thought it was $100 too pricey at first but then realized it came with a 2T drive so that made it more reasonable

Was always getting it day 1 and the price isn’t really as wild as many takes saying

AngelMuffin

The urgency is really in the unknown

We have no idea what supply is like

If you want one day 1, best to pre order today

Retailers may have good supply though but you’re just taking a risk
Yeah, I agree and that’s why I bought one this morning, but I think it’s safe to assume that there will be plenty to go around come 10 Oct given it’s still available on PS Direct. In fact, I’ll end up cancelling this one once I secure an Amazon preorder.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Yeah, I agree and that’s why I bought one this morning, but I think it’s safe to assume that there will be plenty to go around come 10 Oct given it’s still available on PS Direct. In fact, I’ll end up cancelling this one once I secure an Amazon preorder.

I imagine that Sony is trying to gobble up as many sales as possible which is why the pre order is earlier on their site.

So whatever stock they have, they will allocate as much as possible to their store before letting retail outlets know how much they get

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Still in stock. I'm guessing it's a mix of high price, lower demand since PS5 and PC exist, and Sony having a decent amount of units ready.

I pre-ordered it right when it went live just for the hell of it and in case it was going to be a scalp-able item that could help pay for my future GPU. They don't charge you until it ships so there's really no risk.

P.S.- The "PS5 Pro Regular" shit is hilarious. Sony marketing is pretty slick, man.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Some clown is trying to sell a 30th anniversary Pro bundle for $35K on eBay. And they're not even offering free shipping. I detest people like that.
LblEOWM.png
Yeah they wont get that much unless it was a super low number like under 5

The ones I hate worse are one of the guys that chats in our Discord is a streamer and got one of the LE Pro bundles and is going to light it on fire on launch day just for content

near

Gold Member
The thing is it always felt like the complaints were speaking thoughts out loud to convince oneself not to get it but to also try to sway others to make them feel the same lol.

'I don't need the Pro'

'Why does it exist?'

The entire day today everyone was hustling and having FUD trying to get this thing. No complaints and uncertainty now. Interesting.

Geoff Keighley needs a new Awards category at TGA this year - the 'Backpedal Moment of the year Award'.
I'm fine with admitting I've back-pedalled but my stance on the price has always remained the same. I can justify the purchase and attach meaningful value to it as a product, but I can also be disappointed that it isn't being sold at a more satisfying price point. In the end though, why should it matter if someone deliberates on buying something and still ends up buying?

eNT1TY

Man, im getting buyers' remorse remorse. Had it in cart, said fuck it i don't need it or want it that bad and cancelled; now i kinda do, kinda. I am susceptible to FOMO.

'I don't need the Pro'

'Why does it exist?'

Geoff Keighley needs a new Awards category at TGA this year - the 'Backpedal Moment of the year Award'.

The Scalper Edition changed things. The people you are talking about are only interested in scalping.

Top Bottom