• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Topher

Gold Member
Man, im getting buyers' remorse remorse. Had it in cart, said fuck it i don't need it or want it that bad and cancelled; now i kinda do, kinda. I am susceptible to FOMO.

It is going to be widely available. Sleep on it. Or even take a couple of weeks. Not coming out until November anyway

Topher

Gold Member
I preordered mine,

I can’t fucking believe it….
Happy We Are One GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I pre-ordered mine, it's going to be a waste of cash but l don't care as l cannot take it with me, plus potentially better IQ on a 77" inch OLED is a nice thing to have.
Yup performance modes on my new 77" OLED just isn't doing it for me anymore the image was fine with my 65" but now it's kind of a mess lol that's something I didn't factor in when I upgraded.

bundylove

Yup performance modes on my new 77" OLED just isn't doing it for me anymore the image was fine with my 65" but now it's kind of a mess lol that's something I didn't factor in when I upgraded.
Same here . 85inch. You see every shimmer every artifact and also some ghosting.
Alan wake 2 looked horrible so are some ither games that i had to play in quality mode not to puke

Bitstream

Looks like everyone will have an opportunity to pick one up without paying scalpers rates, still available on PS direct 10 hours after launch in US.

sendit

Sony left about $110,700,000 in revenue on the table by not just producing 123,000 units instead of the 30th anniversary edition pro bundle
Not for me. I don't care for nostalgia or collecting. I would have purchased the White/Black model regardless.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree and that’s why I bought one this morning, but I think it’s safe to assume that there will be plenty to go around come 10 Oct given it’s still available on PS Direct. In fact, I’ll end up cancelling this one once I secure an Amazon preorder.

Why Amazon? Why not Best Buy? If something goes wrong with the unit, you can return it on the same day. I'm genuinely curious.

dmaul1114

Why Amazon? Why not Best Buy? If something goes wrong with the unit, you can return it on the same day. I'm genuinely curious.

Maybe they have credit there? I have the Prime Visa and get 5% back there (and Whole Foods) and lesser back on other purchases. I just spent most of my reward points a while back, so I don’t have much balance ($70 something currently, I think), but am tempted to grab it there and cancel the Direct preorder too if I can get one in as the 5% is nice. Free money.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
This is exactly why (imo of course) Sony announced the price when and how they did
I agree - they got everyone to talk about the thing - and now everyone is Still talking about it - the amount of attention this thing got completely overshadows PS4Pro.

The only thing they screwed up is the scalper-bait edition. That's the kind of thing I would have preordered. The standard console though? lol why?

XXL

A little sales info.
94tlm4.jpg

2K+ PS5 Pro's were sold on Amazon Canada in a few minutes.

I order mine from here at 10:01(right when it went live) and it was only up for a few mins after, it's been unavailable since.

Not bad.
Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

But Playstation obviously should have given Amazon Canada more stock, if it's still available at other locations.

AngelMuffin

Maybe they have credit there? I have the Prime Visa and get 5% back there (and Whole Foods) and lesser back on other purchases. I just spent most of my reward points a while back, so I don’t have much balance ($70 something currently, I think), but am tempted to grab it there and cancel the Direct preorder too if I can get one in as the 5% is nice. Free money.
Same. I have like $200 in credit.

Topher

Gold Member
A little sales info.
94tlm4.jpg

2K+ PS5 Pro's were sold on Amazon Canada in a few minutes.

I order mine from here at 10:01(right when it went live) and it was only up for a few mins after, it's been unavailable since.

Not bad.
Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

But Playstation obviously should have given Amazon Canada more stock, if it's still available at other locations.

That's impressive considering Canada only has a population of 10k

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

ajanke

I'll get one if it's the best way to play GTA. If GTA is delayed then maybe I'll just wait. PC and regular PS5 gets me through most stuff.

Pelao

They are still not sold out?!
I mean, all the better for me, I can just wait and check out the impressions once it comes out knowing that it won't be hard to find one if I'm even interested in purchasing it.

Truth is Death Stranding 2 will probably be the game that pushes me.

Sony has confirmed that the existing line of PS5 Slim Console Covers will be fully compatible with the PS5 Pro. This means that now is a great time to stock up if you intend to customize your new system when it arrives. Here are some of our favorites at the moment to get you started."
Good to hear. Will search on AliExpress for grey covers and create my own Anniversary edition like I did with my normal PS5.😸👍

Sony has confirmed that the existing line of PS5 Slim Console Covers will be fully compatible with the PS5 Pro. This means that now is a great time to stock up if you intend to customize your new system when it arrives. Here are some of our favorites at the moment to get you started."
"Yes please spend $30 for a couple pieces of plastic you'll be able to get for $3 on Aliexpress"

- Sony

Same. I have like $200 in credit.

I, too, get 5% from all online purchases from my Visa, but I have the option to redeem that cash-back to the balance of my card. Good to see that Amazon has something similar. Cheers!

dcx4610

Still up for pre-order. That can't be a good sign unless they are going to manufacture based on pre-orders. I grabbed one even though I probably have less than 20 hours on my PS5. That FOMO and new console appeal.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I pre-ordered mine, it's going to be a waste of cash but l don't care as l cannot take it with me, plus potentially better IQ on a 77" inch OLED is a nice thing to have.
think of it this way the way prices are a PS6 is going to be 1000+ at launch and you can bet your bottom dollar 5 Pros will be crossgen for 3-4 years of the PS6 lifespan. if not longer. So you just getting an early start on next gen..

Ah who am I kidding we will all buy PS6 at 1200....

Radical_3d

Still up for pre-order. That can't be a good sign unless they are going to manufacture based on pre-orders. I grabbed one even though I probably have less than 20 hours on my PS5. That FOMO and new console appeal.
PS4 was far more popular and the Pro was half the price and I could still walk into a store and just buy one. I don’t think this will ever be out of stock. The rabid queues were for the LE.

reinking

Gold Member
Man, im getting buyers' remorse remorse. Had it in cart, said fuck it i don't need it or want it that bad and cancelled; now i kinda do, kinda. I am susceptible to FOMO.
You didn't need it that badly or you would have pulled the trigger. I would expect they will have sufficient consoles this time around to restock fairly often. There should be no major supply issues to worry about this time around.

These things are already on a boat. The first batch have been made a awhile ago.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
To me, that would make sense if they do adjust production rates based upon the preorder levels.

All the components are manufacturing months in advance of assembly, so they have a certain target of initial manufacturing. It may only be a million units globally for launch, or thereabouts.

This is not intended to really replace PS5 sales.

They are still not sold out?!
I mean, all the better for me, I can just wait and check out the impressions once it comes out knowing that it won't be hard to find one if I'm even interested in purchasing it.

Truth is Death Stranding 2 will probably be the game that pushes me.
I think it will be harder to find once they release it in Nov, it always works like that because people will start Christmas shopping by then and it will be too late.

If you don't get the console now or at least before Nov, I think you will have to wait until early next year.

dcx4610

The FOMO got me. I traded in my PS5 to Gamestop, got $385 but the allure of the "Add to Cart" being there and the fact that I didn't want to deal with GameStop trying to pre-order later next month, I just went with it. I guess I'll use the store credit for games and the disc drive.

Last edited:

I wish he had linked where that confirmation came from, I can't find anything officially from sony regarding that being the case and if you look at the pics of the slim and the Pro side by side it looks like the plates are different sizes.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The FOMO got me. I traded in my PS5 to Gamestop, got $385 but the allure of the "Add to Cart" being there and the fact that I didn't want to deal with GameStop trying to pre-order later next month, I just went with it. I guess I'll use the store credit for games and the disc drive.

Can you use the store credit towards PSN gift cards?

demigod

think of it this way the way prices are a PS6 is going to be 1000+ at launch and you can bet your bottom dollar 5 Pros will be crossgen for 3-4 years of the PS6 lifespan. if not longer. So you just getting an early start on next gen..

Ah who am I kidding we will all buy PS6 at 1200....
That's not how it works. You can't sell consoles at that price for mass adoption unless you're Nintendo. The Pro is pure profit. The PS6 will most likely just break even.

Top Bottom