• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Surprised to see it still available on the Sony direct site. Maybe Sony will realize that the price is too high and it will get a discount. I recall the ps4 pro dropping to $340 two weeks after launch and Amazon asking me to return my pro and order a new one instead of price matching. It was so ridiculous.

SNo6zyi.png

akira__

Banned
Congrats to everyone that secured a Pro. I’m holding off for now and will most likely wait until 2025 to get one.

But it is mighty tempting to hit that preorder button on PlayStation Direct. I logged in just now to see if they were still available to order and it looked like they are.
You can always cancel, and with a credit card it would've cost you nothing. Since they only charge when sending them out.

akira__

Banned
Surprised to see it still available on the Sony direct site. Maybe Sony will realize that the price is too high and it will get a discount. I recall the ps4 pro dropping to $340 two weeks after launch and Amazon asking me to return my pro and order a new one instead of price matching. It was so ridiculous.

SNo6zyi.png
Personally I rather have a pro, that is build to deliver the dream that Cerny has. Even if that is a bit pricy, but they should really lower the base model. 500 is too much for kids and parents.
It's short sighted, It's too much focused on making profit now instead of longterm vision that invest in a new generation of gamers. Even if they would only play fornite, one day they will have disposable income.

DeepSpace5D

You can always cancel, and with a credit card it would've cost you nothing. Since they only charge when sending them out.
I’d love to honestly. But I’ll be out of the U.S. next month and won’t be back until sometime in 2025, so I wouldn’t be home to receive it anyway. It will be mine next year though!

If it's still in stock on direct come oct 10 I may cancel and get an Amazon order to use the 5% back. Amazon had supply issues with the Astro Bot controller and took forever to ship so I'm a little hesitant now but I got my base ps5 from them day 1.

Cool Story!!

bboris77

Neo Member
Cancelled both of my preorders in Canada - Amazon and Best Buy. Will resist for as long as I can. I want to be certain that the machine is quieter than the disastrous PS5 slim. I also want to ensure PSVR2 games will receive a significant bump in resolution on PS5 Pro.

Elios83

SNo6zyi.png

There won't be PS5 Pro shortages, there are no shortages of components and the system is just a PS5 with a more powerful SOC.
This is also just an upgrade product for enthusiasts, not a new console launching with less than 1m units like it often happens.
On the contrary it's really likely there will be a surplus of units to boost the FY shipments numbers as much as they can.
There won't be any price drops either, they have increased the price of the base PS5, they haven't cut the price of the PSVR2.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Stock was likely never going to be an issue for the regular pros as even my buddy from Gamestop said it wasn't going to be an issue for them which turned out Sony signaled to them as much

That said if I am able to order 2 through Gamestop with no issues I will also cancel my one from Direct as I want to be able to trade in a couple of PS5s plus anytime I can support Gamestop I will since I am friends with one of their regional managers

Brucey

Stock was likely never going to be an issue for the regular pros as even my buddy from Gamestop said it wasn't going to be an issue for them which turned out Sony signaled to them as much

That said if I am able to order 2 through Gamestop with no issues I will also cancel my one from Direct as I want to be able to trade in a couple of PS5s plus anytime I can support Gamestop I will since I am friends with one of their regional managers
I thought you got an anni bundle.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'd sell you mine but I'm going to open and use it to it's full glory. I don't know if you can see the limited edition number without opening the box
I have worked out a deal with someone I know who snagged one

I too will be very curious if the number is outside the box because I am getting his unopened and if would happen to be a super low number I may keep it sealed

If its double digits I am 100% playing on it

bboris77

Neo Member
Is ps5 slim not quiet?
Unfortunately, it is significantly louder the the OG fat PS5. There is a bit of a fan lottery that is still going on - NMB fan on the PS5 Slim is the worst - it has a high-pitched droning UFO sound that is easily audible across the room. It has less coil whine than the 2020 original PS5 though. My Xbox Series X is practically inaudible and no coil whine either.

Scary_Larry

Hopefully, this bodes well for retailers to get it at some point. It’s not a must for me at this moment, but maybe I can trade in my XsX and possibly my base PS5 - I’d think a bit harder on getting this.

I’ve had no issues with either of the consoles I currently have and I barely touch my XsX. They’re both in great shape. However, trading in or selling both of them for a little bump in performance seems overboard a bit.

Last edited:

Brucey

I too will be very curious if the number is outside the box because I am getting his unopened and if would happen to be a super low number I may keep it sealed

Nice. From what I've read about the 20th anni you couldn't tell from outside.

Brucey

Unfortunately, it is significantly louder the the OG fat PS5. There is a bit of a fan lottery that is still going on - NMB fan on the PS5 Slim is the worst - it has a high-pitched droning UFO sound that is easily audible across the room. It has less coil whine than the 2020 original PS5 though. My Xbox Series X is practically inaudible and no coil whine either.
Jesus hopefully the additional space in the pro lets them keep the noise down.

S0ULZB0URNE

Mine was like this at first but not anymore.
I agree with the rest of what you said as well.

ValiantInstance

Neo Member
I am going to say its low but I find it odd PS Direct says currently unavailable instead of sold out which to me hints it may be again at some point

Though likely reading too much into that
The anniversary pro states that there were 12k units made in the product description, the anniversary slim does not. I think there's a chance.

reinking

Gold Member
I like how some are checking to see if it is still available to make it seem like a negative. I am glad stock issues might behind us and with a little luck we will never experience those again. The beginning of this generation was brutal. This is the only way to defeat the sneaker bots. I know they will still be there at the very beginning but normal launch stock issues are typically short lived.

Gamerguy84

I installed a stock checker to score one and find out they are still in stock. I got mine though and will be waiting on the 7th.

I just had 3 alerts saying it's at PSDIRECT BE QUICK and laughed.

Time to uninstall that thing until next time. Tbf it did let me know the second they went up.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I honestly feel bad for people that lose the lottery on these things. Both of our PS5’s are silent. My OG XBSX is louder and it’s not loud at all. Of course the disc drives in all of them are noisy when they are reading discs. Crossing my fingers my Pro is as quiet.

Imtjnotu

SNo6zyi.png
Pro is now sold out.... So much for this

Actually it keeps now popping up between available and sold out... My hotstock app is going haywire

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Euler007

Actually it keeps now popping up between available and sold out
That's going to happen until the 11th as people that have multiple pre-orders let go of the ones they don't want. I had the one pre-order at Walmart, but after it got randomly canceled one I got myself a second one at BB. Will let it go in a week or two and I'm sure Walmart isn't flaking out on me.

Rob_27

I am going to say its low but I find it odd PS Direct says currently unavailable instead of sold out which to me hints it may be again at some point

Though likely reading too much into that
Yea i have a web alert tracking that every minute to tell me if it changes from 'unavailable'.

Worked great with my Fuji X100VI.

Ovech-King

I see Best Buy and Walmart still available in Canada . I’m always puzzled of how people focus so much on Amazon for consoles every time while Walmart has always been my go to source for popular preorders

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

Just out of curiosity and I apologise if this is to forward, what was the damage $$$$?

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I'm genuinely saddened by the lack of gaming stores in the UK. Every console from the PS3 I've picked up from Game at a midnight launch. That was an exciting magical moment for me and it'll never be the same again. 😢

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just out of curiosity and I apologise if this is to forward, what was the damage $$$$?
Well if I am being honest the night before preorders went up I was in Discord with a few friends and one of the guys said he may go as high as $10k for one and I laughed and said if one of you guys get one I will double that price

I will also preface this by saying these guys are long time high school and college friends and I know I am over paying but you know what its a dear friend, I know it will make his life a little easier plus he straight up said he wasn't after one but knew I wanted it and he wanted that money so wasn't going to go back on what I had said

So people here feel free to torch me but I know I wont get scammed at least

Euler007

Dont think that will happen with the 30th Anniversary though, they can be resold for too much money
It might but it's such a low number that it will get swiped by a bot. No human can watch all the stores and hit F5 to see if a button lit up.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Well if I am being honest the night before preorders went up I was in Discord with a few friends and one of the guys said he may go as high as $10k for one and I laughed and said if one of you guys get one I will double that price

I will also preface this by saying these guys are long time high school and college friends and I know I am over paying but you know what its a dear friend, I know it will make his life a little easier plus he straight up said he wasn't after one but knew I wanted it and he wanted that money so wasn't going to go back on what I had said

So people here feel free to torch me but I know I wont get scammed at least
Not at all. If you've the money and want something that much go for it. An added bonus that the money will help out your buddy.

Good for you and him I say. 💪

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not at all. If you've the money and want something that much go for it. An added bonus that the money will help out your buddy.

Good for you and him I say. 💪
Thanks

I guess in retrospect I am fortunate more than one didn't win the fast queue lottery :)

I caved and went ahead and bought one. Just can't resist a new console. Now I'm excited for November to get here already!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Celcius

°Temp. member
Decided to scoop up a regular 5 Pro in addition to my 30th Anniversary LE. Going to keep that boxed up after all... most likely anyway.
How long do you plan to keep it boxed up? Forever and just keep as a collector item?

Last edited:

bboris77

Neo Member
Still in stock at Best Buy Canada website. Not a great start arguably. Cannot say I am surprised considering the price, the marginal benefits it brings to the table and crazy inflationary prices of pretty much everything in Canada. Sony should have known that crossing the $1000 threshold (after taxes) in Canada was going to be a very tough sell. Literally not one of my PS5 Canadian friends is getting one.

KGun

Neo Member
How long do you plan to keep it boxed up? Forever and just keep as a collector item?
Not sure really, as the original plan was to bust it out and use it day 1. I also have an OG 60GB PS3 NIB that I picked up years ago in case my current one ever yellow-lighted on me. Fingers crossed, but haven't had the need.

Top Bottom