• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

cormack12

Gold Member
Not necessarily, thanks to the 'random place given when countdown reaches zero' thing. Though it kind of sucks that it's not a legit queue rather than a lottery-style grouping. Good luck.
Basically a short term ballot. Also gives them the opportunity to move people in the queue I imagine. Like they get a call from Steph Curry saying he is number 89,000 they can just bump him to next in line.

panda-zebra

I'm in the 8:05 waiting room on desktop and phone. Don't remember the waiting rooms from the PSVR2 direct sale, but kinda remember getting in well before the time I was invited to place an order.

Hoping to just secure *something* 30th anniversary, a pad, anything, even a Portal. It's the bundle I want though, obvs. Zero stress about securing a regular Pro, that's 100% going to happen for anyone that wants it today (and I do!)

emivita

Only 12 minutes until 10 am in my country.

Scared Chewing Gum GIF

nnytk

Quite confusing to me, I just want to pre-order a regular PS5 Pro but I'm in a queue for what seems to be the PS5 Pro anniversary edition... Weird.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm in the 8:05 waiting room on desktop and phone. Don't remember the waiting rooms from the PSVR2 direct sale, but kinda remember getting in well before the time I was invited to place an order.

Hoping to just secure *something* 30th anniversary, a pad, anything, even a Portal. It's the bundle I want though, obvs. Zero stress about securing a regular Pro, that's 100% going to happen for anyone that wants it today (and I do!)
They should have given exclusive access to anyone that bought PSVR2

Gerdav

Yeah i'm in a queue for the anniversary edition. I want the regular Pro but idk if i should just get the anniversary now :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Does anyone even know the cost of he bloody Pro 30th bundle? I been in this queue since a minute or two after 8, I'm wondering if I could actually fluke one or would I need to sell a few vital organs before 10am

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have a feeling this is gonna be a shitshow with lots of frustrated people.
Part of their marketing campaign, increase FOMO.

Strange they didn't sell standard Pro separate from all the 30th editions. Maybe hoping that some people will miss out on the 30th and think I'll just get a standard Pro instead 🤷‍♂️

Is the queue just paused until 10am (for the UK) when it will unpause and allow people to place an order in a way that doesn't overload the server?

Or is the pre-order actually live and the site has paused because there are too many people trying to place a pre-order?

The wording on the site is not exactly clear on whether the pre-order for the PS5 Pro is actually live or not. I assume you would be queued even if you wanted to order a DualSense controller or a standard PS5.

sono

Gold Member
It is frustrating as I was literally logged into the site browsing ps5 choices and then at 830 uk it told me I been placed into a waiting room with the queue is paused so there is no queue even

emivita

Been refreshing the page since 7 am, but now I'm in the waiting room with the queue paused.

Thanks Sony. Also fuck you Sony.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Lol, Everyone knew it was going to be a shitshow. Sony praying that those that dont get a 30th anniversary buy a standard.

Not gonna work on me douchebags!

cormack12

Gold Member

Japanese gaming company​

Kept out 225,000 bots & non-members during an invite-only product drop while granting access to loyal customers​

executor

Grrrr I'm in after the queue but there's absolutely nothing different ?? No Pro or limited.... (BTW I'm in Italy....).....

Top Bottom