• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Loxus

7700XT is the closest PC part to PS5 Pro. There is no better comparison when it comes to raster performance.

This is what I was talking about from the beginning. 6800/7700XT performance when in comes to raster.

Maybe close to 3080/4070 with some heavy RT but we will see...

Vast majority of games are raster only so first figure will be close to typical game performance.
You guys pick and choice part of the leak document just because you guys what the PS5 Pro to be extremely powerful. Remember it meant to be a mid-gen upgrade, not a new generation.

If you guys are using anything from the leak, you have to include the 45% faster rendering.
811GXHN.jpeg

The 6700 is basically the PS5's GPU. 45% faster rendering puts it around the 7700XT.

It doesn't matter how you guys feel or what you guys say, if you believe the leak, you have to go with the 45% faster rendering that SONY stated.

To be at the 4070 level, it would have to be 60% faster rendering. 3080, 70% faster rendering.

You guys need to keep your expectations in check. This cherry picking is so God damn ridiculous.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm curious if that 45% figure includes or excludes PSSR.
The leaked doc specifically said the GPU is 45% faster. That basically means 45% better GPU performance in non-CPU bound games. Nothing to do with PSSR.

If PSSR is anything like DLSS or FSR, it will have its own performance hit on the GPU. So i wouldnt go in expecting something like Demon Souls which runs at native 4k 30 fps to all of a sudden run at 4k 60 fps. At best, you will get a 4k PSSR quality mode at 60 fps that looks like the native 4k mode. HFW and Spiderman 2 should be the same.

Mr.Phoenix

7700XT is the closest PC part to PS5 Pro. There is no better comparison when it comes to raster performance.

This is what I was talking about from the beginning. 6800/7700XT performance when in comes to raster.

Vast majority of games are raster only so first figure will be close to typical game performance.
6800/7700XT raster performance sounds about right to me. And 3080 RT performance also sounds about right, even though I would be pleasantly surprised if its that good.

I don't know how any else is looking at the data, or why they would even be expecting more.

The above specs, for something that is designed to run games natively at "up to" 1440p and then use PSSR to get that to 4K while hitting 60fps... is more than enough to do that. Most games would run natively or scale between 1296p -1440p then PSSR'ed to 4K. And having better RT performance while doing this, I don't see what the issue is.

DJ12

Will happily eat crow if a pro ever get an official announcement. But I seriously doubt a PS5 pro will ever exist.
Reading between the lines a few hundred pages ago, someone here has been to the packing factory where these are already being packaged.

Be a bold move not to release them now.

Mr.Phoenix

The leaked doc specifically said the GPU is 45% faster. That basically means 45% better GPU performance in non-CPU bound games. Nothing to do with PSSR.

If PSSR is anything like DLSS or FSR, it will have its own performance hit on the GPU. So i wouldnt go in expecting something like Demon Souls which runs at native 4k 30 fps to all of a sudden run at 4k 60 fps. At best, you will get a 4k PSSR quality mode at 60 fps that looks like the native 4k mode. HFW and Spiderman 2 should be the same.
And this i what I have been trying to say.

The PS5pro is basically being designed to take the 30fpss mode of the base PS5, and allow you to have a mode on the PS5pro, that will give you fidelity close to that 30fps mode while running at 60fps. Without any of the caveats being made to get to 60fps on the base PS5.

What I am curious to know is what the PS5pro fidelity mode would be about, just the base PS5 fidelity mode but at 30fps/40fps?

Bojji

You guys pick and choice part of the leak document just because you guys what the PS5 Pro to be extremely powerful. Remember it meant to be a mid-gen upgrade, not a new generation.

If you guys are using anything from the leak, you have to include the 45% faster rendering.
811GXHN.jpeg

The 6700 is basically the PS5's GPU. 45% faster rendering puts it around the 7700XT.

It doesn't matter how you guys feel or what you guys say, if you believe the leak, you have to go with the 45% faster rendering that SONY stated.

To be at the 4070 level, it would have to be 60% faster rendering. 3080, 70% faster rendering.

You guys need to keep your expectations in check. This cherry picking is so God damn ridiculous.

Personally I don't believe that pro will be close to 3080/4070 even with RT but this is the biggest mystery and anything is possible with completely new AMD RT architecture.

We don't know if that 45% is calculated with RT or without RT, but 2-4x figures for RT uplift suggest that it may be calculated without ray tracing.

I was called pc fanboy many times because I don't inflate pro performance and don't believe in 3x power uplift (10TF - 33TF).

Personally I think we will have:

Raster - 7700XT/6800 level
Ray Tracing - closer to 3070ti than to 3080 level

ChiefDada

Gold Member

No, 4070 is the better comparison. And if you absolutely must compare another AMD card, then go with 7800xt, as much of the clock advantage is going towards mitigating chiplet latency anyways. Even still, it's dumb to focus on raster when the Pro's purpose is optimal RT on a console.

What I am curious to know is what the PS5pro fidelity mode would be about, just the base PS5 fidelity mode but at 30fps/40fps?

Although I generally like the requirements of the PS5 graphics mode, I really hope there are at least a few developers who are courageous enough to stick to 30fps and go completely ape shit with the GPU/visuals. Imagine if GTA VI really is CPU limited, I'd bet Rockstar has enough frame budget on the Pro to include more RTGI bounces.

Personally I don't believe that pro will be close to 3080/4070 even with RT but this is the biggest mystery and anything is possible with completely new AMD RT architecture.

Lol, the 3080 with it's 10gb VRAM has no chance of matching the PS5 Pro settings.

Preach brother! Why people continue to hold onto TF numbers is beyond me when it's proven so many times to be a faulty way to compare power. Let's add another data point relevant to this discussion:

If you look at the 7700XT and the 7800XT on paper, you'd think they are pretty close in performance based on the TF ratings. The 7700XT = 35TFLOPS while the 7800XT = 37.2TFLOPs. That's a difference of <10% right. Yet what's the real world in game performance delta between those 2 card? Generally between 15-25% in favor of the 7800XT!! TechpowerUP averages this out to +21% in their relative performance graph in favor of the 7800XT.

So the question is why? Because there is more to a GPU than just compute right!? 7800 XT has 6 more Compute Units, a wider memory bus, 2x larger L2 cache, and a +44% memory bandwidth advantage. Yes that stuff matters a lot!

So can PS5 Pro be faster than 4070? Absolutely and the people that scoff at that prospect clearly don't understand the data they are receiving. Think of it this way, the 7800XT is consistently faster than a 4070 and the PS5 Pro GPU config is a much closer match to the 7800XT than the 7700XT.

So everyone's still latching onto those leaked specs and that 45% "rendering performance" figure which has had multiple reasons presented as to why that figure doesn't make any sense. I really wouldn't hold onto that figure as a meaningful metric of the PS5 Pro's relative GPU performance for a number of reasons. Yes the +45% does roughly land at the 7700XT in perf from the current PS5. BUT, based on the (skeptical) leaked info on the PS5 Pro's GPU, it should easily beat up the 7700XT for several obvious reasons:
  1. CU Count: 7700XT has 54 CUs while the (alleged) PS5 Pro GPU has 60 CUs (difference of >10%)
  2. Memory Bus: 7700XT only has a bus width of 192-bit while the (alleged) PS5 Pro has a 256-bit bus (see what a difference that makes in the 7700XT to 7800XT comparison above)
  3. Memory Bandwidth: 7700XT only has 432GB/s while the (alleged) PS5 Pro has 576GB/s (difference of +33% in favor of the Pro)
  4. Cache size: both the L1 and L2 caches are 2x larger on the (alleged) PS5 Pro
  5. Architecture Improvements: PS5 Pro (allegedly) is based on a RDNA 3.5 or RDNA 4 architecture which will have some efficiency and performance advantages over the RDNA 3 arch in the 7700XT
With this in mind, the 7700XT literally has no advantage in HW spec except possibly clock speed since I surmise that the PS5 Pro clock speed is still TBD (tons of conflicting info here). But assuming no increase in clocks, the 7700XT has a roughly ~13% advantage is clocks which still wouldn't be enough to make up the differences I just outlined.

Again, pay attention to the (conflicting) data being presented. There simply is no logical outcome where a GPU configured as the rumored PS5 Pro is a "match" for a 7700XT (unless they severely underclock it lower than the base PS5). That simply does NOT compute (+45% rendering performance be damned). Either that 45% figure is wrong or the rumored specs are wrong. We shall see :pie_thinking:
Very nicely put but the PCMR warriors will forever state PS5 Pro is PS5 + 45%. You are all wasting your neurons. There is going to be a lot of spinning when PS5 Pro is compared, and for years, until finally the experts will finally and suddenly accept it somehow (or because of the better tools / compilers). A bit like 10 Tf vs 12 tf this gen.

I've been very vocal about my criticism of MLiD on this forum, but I thought this information was worth sharing. He claims that his sources are saying that PSSR was fully developed by Sony and it wasn't a shared R&D effort between AMD and Sony. This is in relation to PSSR on a software level and not the hardware stack. He also claims that an ML accelerated FSR isn't going to launch with RDNA 4 or anytime soon for that matter but maybe with RDNA 5.

He goes onto say that it's possible that Sony's efforts on PSSR may go onto influence the development of FSR 4 but that Sony may be very cautious about sharing information and IP's with AMD because of the possible role of AMD also helping design the next Xbox and the last thing they would want is to be sharing their technology with the competition.

Although it does make me wonder why there's leaks saying AMD have already made improvements to the ML hardware on RDNA 4 over RDNA 3.

Time stamped link :

SlimySnake

I've been very vocal about my criticism of MLiD on this forum, but I thought this information was worth sharing. He claims that his sources are saying that PSSR was fully developed by Sony and it wasn't a shared R&D effort between AMD and Sony. This is in relation to PSSR on a software level and not the hardware stack. He also claims that an ML accelerated FSR isn't going to launch with RDNA 4 or anytime soon for that matter but maybe with RDNA 5.

He goes onto say that it's possible that Sony's efforts on PSSR may go onto influence the development of FSR 4 but that Sony may be very cautious about sharing information and IP's with AMD because of the possible role of AMD also helping design the next Xbox and the last thing they would want is to be sharing their technology with the competition.

Although it does make me wonder why there's leaks saying AMD have already made improvements to the ML hardware on RDNA 4 over RDNA 3.

Time stamped link :

it could be a Sony patented software solution but since AMD is the one adding tensor cores to accelerate AI features like DLSS and PSSR, i have no doubt that rdna 4 cards will feature those too. It's just that implementation will be different from Sonys. Similar to how xess and dlss are all doing the same thing, just differently.

i wouldnt read too much into it. Just look at the specs, the TOPS numbers is 300. 3080 had 272 tensor cores. 3090 had 328. So its roughly between a 3080 and 3090.

Hard to compare the 4000 series card since Nvidia really upped the AI count on those cards but its roughly between a 4060 and 4060 Ti.

NVIDIA-Geforce-RTX-AI-TOPS-Perf_Chart_Desktop-728x264.jpg

marquimvfs

Some who have talked about the Pro don’t even have any sites or Social Media that they are trying to drive people to
That's hardly a thing. It doesn't matter were, rumours leakers are driven by attention, be it on forums, sites (like blogs or news outlets), or social media.
The smart thing for someone like you to do is at least wait till September to say what you just said here.

just look at what happened with PS4pro. Rumors started first, then a leaked document popped up around May-June, then the announcement occurred in September. The PS5pro is two for three on that so far.
The smartest thing to do would be to believe some rumours based on timing of rumours of another past product launch? That doesn't make any sense, the time to doubt is now, when there's no material proof of allegations nor official announcement. Until there, I'll keep not believing. There's no sense in launching a pro console now, maybe there's no sense to launch for the entire generation. Power struggle isn't enough reason to do a mid gen refresh. New technologies (like 4k TV) are what drives those launches, and some people are taking for granted a midgen iteration because it happened once. Leakers, be them reputable or not, are using this perception to up their stats, that's what they do. Be it real or not, that's not the time to believe the rumours. On the other hand, I think it will be a very cool iteration if real, will probably try to catch one myself.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

Time stamped link :

Not for nothing,that wouldn't be hard to assume. Sony had checkerboard rendering,MLAA on the PS3 and a few of their first part already use TAA like Insomniac games with their temporal injection,Sony Santa Monica with ML AA in GOW: Ragnarok and Naughty Dog in The Last Of Us.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
That's hardly a thing. It doesn't matter were, rumours leakers are driven by attention, be it on forums, sites (like blogs or news outlets), or social media.

The smartest thing to do would be to believe some rumours based on timing of rumours of another past product launch? That doesn't make any sense, the time to doubt is now, when there's no material proof of allegations nor official announcement. Until there, I'll keep not believing. There's no sense in launching a pro console now, maybe there's no sense to launch for the entire generation. Power struggle isn't enough reason to do a mid gen refresh. New technologies (like 4k TV) are what drives those launches, and some people are taking for granted a midgen iteration because it happened once. Leakers, be them reputable or not, are using this perception to up their stats, that's what they do. Be it real or not, that's not the time to believe the rumours. On the other hand, I think it will be a very cool iteration if real, will probably try to catch one myself.

What a weird post.

marquimvfs

I am not remotely driven by attention :)
If not by attention, recognition, then what for? What's the purpose? I get that share detais with the community is fun, but, deep inside, we all want some form or recognition inside our communities, and that motivation isn't a bad thing for itself.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
See edit for clarification. I was asking if you just don't agree or if something isn't clear written.

Unless you haven't been keeping up with this thread, (particularly the recent MLiD leaks and Sony's subsequent strikedown), I don't understand how you can possibly lean towards PS5 Pro not being real. We are past rumor stage for the actual console. The only rumors now are exact specifications, which is what we're presently debating in this thread.

I think people are getting too caught up in how they're judging the PS5 Pro's performance. What posters are doing is, compare the Pro to X or Y GPU in terms of compute power and memory setup, or whatever and they go from there to see how it's worth or how it'll perform. I think this is a mistake.

Mr.Phoenix Mr.Phoenix made a good point about how we should viewing the Pro, that is see what games are currently running like on the Vanilla PS5 and then assume they're going to upsample it via PSSR and with the desired frame rate which will likely be 60 across many titles. Something like Final Fantasy 16 which ran atrociously especially on Performance mode, I reckon they can stabilise the resolution at 1080p, upsample to 4K through PSSR and that should deliver a clean and smooth experience. Overall it'll be a very pleasant uplift for a console experience.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If not by attention, recognition, then what for? What's the purpose? I get that share detais with the community is fun, but, deep inside, we all want some form or recognition inside our communities, and that motivation isn't a bad thing for itself.
Maybe some are real gamers that just enjoy sharing info to other gamers and enjoy sharing in the excitement

I do hate that it bothers so many though when people share stuff

marquimvfs

Maybe some are real gamers that just enjoy sharing info to other gamers and enjoy sharing in the excitement

I do hate that it bothers so many though when people share stuff
I'm not bothered, at all, I also find exciting when real things leak. What I'm trying to say here is that, for now, I don't particularly believe the leaks about a pro, because what I have seen isn't enough material proof. That's why I've said i will happily eat crow if it turns out to be true. I'm old enough to not believe everithing I read, and I'm also old enough to know that the most improbable thing (to me) can also be true. I'm just happily sharing my feelings with the community, like yourself.

Last edited:

Bojji

No, 4070 is the better comparison. And if you absolutely must compare another AMD card, then go with 7800xt, as much of the clock advantage is going towards mitigating chiplet latency anyways. Even still, it's dumb to focus on raster when the Pro's purpose is optimal RT on a console.

7800XT has higher clock and memory bandwidth (not shared with CPU). 7700XT is pretty much where this 45% number gets us compared to 6700.

Power consumption is another thing, stock 7800XT draws 250W, I don't think console GPU will be allowed for that. 6700 is like ~175W, we know that PS5 can draw up to 230W.

Raster is the most important thing, very few games have RT at all so RT performance increase will be irrelevant for them.

Lol, the 3080 with it's 10gb VRAM has no chance of matching the PS5 Pro settings.

It's about core performance.

jcorb

Manifesting this into the universe:

"Please give us an FF7-themed edition of the new PS5 model, and we might actually bump those numbers for Rebirth up!"

Mr.Phoenix

The smartest thing to do would be to believe some rumours based on timing of rumours of another past product launch? That doesn't make any sense, the time to doubt is now, when there's no material proof of allegations nor official announcement. Until there, I'll keep not believing. There's no sense in launching a pro console now, maybe there's no sense to launch for the entire generation. Power struggle isn't enough reason to do a mid gen refresh.
So because there is no material proof and no official announcement you doubt it exists? As opposed to looking at previous precedent and at least acknowledging that sony makes such announcements at most 2 months away from an official release. They did it with the PS3 Slim... twice, the PS4 Slim, the PS4pro...etc. Why you would somehow expect them to now break that trend and announce a PS5pro, potentially 6 months before then it means its not coming?
New technologies (like 4k TV) are what drives those launches, and some people are taking for granted a midgen iteration because it happened once. Leakers, be them reputable or not, are using this perception to up their stats, that's what they do. Be it real or not, that's not the time to believe the rumours. On the other hand, I think it will be a very cool iteration if real, will probably try to catch one myself.
You make it sound like they have released a pro console every other gen. I think "once" is too small a sample size to use and deduce why a company would or should do anything.

Bojji

Ridiculous. The most highly anticipated games are being made with RT.

Many high profile games use UE5 and software Lumen, RT performance means nothing for them - compute power is what matters. Outside Insomniac and Returnal dev Sony developers didn't give a shit about RT so far (also GT7 replays...).

There is GTA6 and ACS with RT GI on horizon, maybe UE5 games will use hardware lumen on PS5 Pro? We will see.

Not anymore. Today memory is just as important.

Yeah but I was talking about core performance when not memory limited. When not memory limited 3080 is usually around that 4070.

Audiophile

I expect the Pro will be going into manufacture in the next month, so we might see some leaks soon.

Shots Fired Lol GIF by Jonas Mosesson

Blurry shots of a faceplate taken on a 2008 mobile phone incoming!

Last edited:

Elios83

So when do we think this actually gets announced? September?

September with a launch in late October or November seems the best bet atm.
Hopefully they have a nice amount of titles taking advantage of the hardware ready for launch.
I bet that GT7 getting ray tracing effects during actual races +60fps with PSRR will be used by Cerny as a key demo for the system.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

The BVH acceleration units will be getting used by middleware engines even if HW RT or signed distance field async RT isn't being used, because intersection testing has many uses like visibility testing/kit bashing, physics, audio.

AFAIK raster isn't even the main bottleneck on PS5 multiplatform games because the PS5 absolutely trances the XsX for raster and yet...parity in a lot of situations.

The 45% uplift is really just to facilitate the increase RT/fx in first party games on Pro IMO because the uplift in RT resources will further burden the shaders. If say a PS5 game like Spider-man 2 is 3 bounces for argument sake with RT on, then a Pro version with maybe 5 bounces prior to PSSR upscaling will still need more shading to mix/combine the results of those deeper bounces beyond the actual RT intersection testing. So I wouldn't just be seeing it as lifting frame-rates or just for increasing base resolution in simpler forward-pass-plus renderer games and then compare to a card that won't compare favourably to the better RT results we'll likely get on a Pro.

marquimvfs

So because there is no material proof and no official announcement you doubt it exists?
Yes. This and difference of the power gap between consoles and mid specs pcs. The difference was way bigger when PS4 Pro was launched, and, like I said, 4K was a factor.
As opposed to looking at previous precedent and at least acknowledging that sony makes such announcements at most 2 months away from an official release. They did it with the PS3 Slim... twice, the PS4 Slim, the PS4pro...etc. Why you would somehow expect them to now break that trend and announce a PS5pro, potentially 6 months before then it means its not coming?
Well, precedents regarding every launch isn't an indication of anything, it doesn't prove anything. I give you that, if the pro exists, they will announce around the indicated time, that's all.
You make it sound like they have released a pro console every other gen. I think "once" is too small a sample size to use and deduce why a company would or should do anything.
I was talking about the two mid gen refreshes that existed that gen, One X included.

Feel free to disagree, I'm not here to prove that it won't come, just stating that the situation is different from the previous generation, and I, personally, don't see a reason for a Pro console this generation. Also there's no material proof to support any leaks or rumours.

Last edited:
I might have missed his but is it safe to say that the PS5Pro will adress Raytracing in a way that it will no longer tank performance both by AMD's new GPU hardware and Sony's patent and customizations to AMD's hardware?

So you can play close to native 4k, 60-120fps, with full raytracing? I am talking full blown raytracing, not minor or mild raytracing where you can barely tell the difference or :

is it just PS5 level raytracing without compromising FPS? So it would be minor to mild raytracing without tanking performance like PS5?

Pimpbaa

I might have missed his but is it safe to say that the PS5Pro will adress Raytracing in a way that it will no longer tank performance both by AMD's new GPU hardware and Sony's patent and customizations to AMD's hardware?

So you can play close to native 4k, 60-120fps, with full raytracing? I am talking full blown raytracing, not minor or mild raytracing where you can barely tell the difference or :

is it just PS5 level raytracing without compromising FPS? So it would be minor to mild raytracing without tanking performance like PS5?

4x the RT performance. So 4 x crap = slightly less crap RT. Might see multiple RT effects in 30fps modes, but you are not getting full blown ray tracing, certainly not at native 4k 60-120fps (come on man!). Need a damn GeForce 4090 if you want what you’re asking (and more ram, and a much better cpu).

Last edited:

SlimySnake

i wish the OP updated his post with all the new leaks because sony's own leaked docs tell you that devs can add ray tracing to games that previously did not have ray tracing. and games that did have one ray traced effect will now be able to add a second rt effect on it. games that previously ran at 30 fps in rt modes will now run at 60 fps.

you are not getting native 4k 60 fps ray tracing. you cant even get that on PC unless you are rocking a 4090 and even then it wont be locked in most full rt games like cyberpunk and avatar.

from the examples sony gave of two first party titles without actually naming them, it appears that something like spiderman 2 which has rt reflections will now have rt shadows. other games like gt7 which only had rt reflections in 30 fps replays will now have rt reflections in gameplay.

Edit: found it.

Game 1​

Target – image quality close to Fidelity Mode (1800p) with Performance Mode FPS (60 FPS)

Standard PlayStation 5 –
  • Performance Mode – 1080p at 60FPS
  • Fidelity Mode – 1800p at 30FPS
PlayStation 5 Pro –
  • 1440p at 60FPS (PSSR used)

Game 2​

Target – Add Raytracing to gameplay

Standard PlayStation 5 achieved 60FPS without raytracing, and PlayStation 5 Pro achieved 60FPS with Raytracing.

Game 2 could be demon souls, gt7, or callisto. All have 60 fps modes without ray trcing. demon souls had promised rt shadows that were taken out before launch.

Last edited:
it could be a Sony patented software solution but since AMD is the one adding tensor cores to accelerate AI features like DLSS and PSSR, i have no doubt that rdna 4 cards will feature those too. It's just that implementation will be different from Sonys. Similar to how xess and dlss are all doing the same thing, just differently.

i wouldnt read too much into it. Just look at the specs, the TOPS numbers is 300. 3080 had 272 tensor cores. 3090 had 328. So its roughly between a 3080 and 3090.

Hard to compare the 4000 series card since Nvidia really upped the AI count on those cards but its roughly between a 4060 and 4060 Ti.

NVIDIA-Geforce-RTX-AI-TOPS-Perf_Chart_Desktop-728x264.jpg
Wait I think those numbers are artficially doubled by some trick. This is the specs given for PR, a bit like the dual issue Tflops numbers that is meaningless. We still don't really know if Sony does the same thing. Supposedly no because the 300 Tops number is coming from a developer doc. Maybe Sony could also double their number to 600 TOPs using the same trick. I'd say wait and see here. Also remember some people here comparing PS5 Pro with 4070 ti, not 4060 ti, and look at the AI performance.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
Manifesting this into the universe:

"Please give us an FF7-themed edition of the new PS5 model, and we might actually bump those numbers for Rebirth up!"

Jokes aside 2 more months bro, no need to manifest like those women who were sold fairy tale about prince charming/disney princes stories tho, we are guys, even tho we are hyped af like every1 else here we gotta be grounded in reality after all :p

Moses85

Most gamers will stick with the base PS5 to play GTA6, that's not in question here and never was. The base PS5 is the mainstream console that will always sell significantly more than the Pro.

The reason the Pro will be enticing for GTA6 though is because at the time of the games release, the PS5 Pro will be the absolute best way to experience the game. There will be a not so insignificant portion of folks interested in playing GTA6 at launch who will want the best experience, so the Pro is the way to go. As I mentioned in the earlier post, when the PS4 Pro launched there had already been the PC release of GTA5, it could be 1-2 years after the launch of GTA6 on console that it finally lands on PC. It's possible Xbox might have an even more powerful box out by holiday 2026, but some folks have been suggesting it could be a very pricey box, relative to current consoles. If it is, then one has to wonder just how many units it'll move.

Between PS5 owners who wanna upgrade for the better experience, PS4 owners moving up to current gen and are willing to spend a bit more, and non-console gamers who buy a PS5 because they can't wait for the game to land on PC, I think there'll be a very solid chunk of folks who will gravitate towards the Pro simply for GTA6. There's gonna be so many other reasons with all the other games and whatnot, but GTA will be a huge factor IMO.
Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

Wait I think those numbers are artficially doubled by some trick. This is the specs given for PR, a bit like the dual issue Tflops numbers that is meaningless. We still don't really know if Sony does the same thing. Supposedly no because the 300 Tops number is coming from a developer doc. Maybe Sony could also double their number to 600 TOPs using the same trick. I'd say wait and see here. Also remember some people here comparing PS5 Pro with 4070 ti, not 4060 ti, and look at the AI performance.
Yeah TOPS numbers seem doubled. Or maybe I'm reading NVIDIA's white paper on RTX 4090 wrong? lol.
p55EufS.png

Top Bottom