• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS5 Pro to be announced next week; New First Party Games to be shown end of September

Mr.Phoenix

here is me playing modern titles at 120-360fps without AI. a game that just released 3 days ago i can hit 200-300fps. games that came out 2/3/4 years ago i can play at above 120fps.

but keep going.
then you are lying.

performance-2560-1440.png

As I said... even a 4090 cant run a modern game engine at 1440p@120fps. So what kinda modern games are you talking about?

Please share....

proandrad

then you are lying.

As I said... even a 4090 cant run a modern game engine at 1440p@120fps. So what kinda modern games are you talking about?

Please share....
You have to be more specific, sadly upscaling tech like dlss has become standard. So you have to mention it before hand if you want to exclude it.

Sw0pDiller

Should be quite the exciting next few weeks. Would love to see a new Infamous, Bloodborne sequel or remaster and a new proper Uncharted with Drake and Sully. Either way, I am sure Sony will deliver and we will finally see some of the bigger AAA games they have been working on. The timing with the Pro could mean they are launch titles as well.
People are never satisfied, when they release sequal after sequal people scream they need new ip’s and when we get new games. We hunger for sequals.

Zacfoldor

I can't wait. These will be hard to get.

GotY releases
Brand new hardware

I think the biggest thing to me is the Xbox Series X launched this gen claiming to be the best console to play these games how actually the series s has dragged Xbox gaming so far down and we are about to get PS5 pro with like 3x the teraflops(Xbox marketing not mine) and GTAVI probably ain't coming to PC at launch(could be wrong of course), so PS5 pro will be the only legit pathway to play for most gamers for a while(because who is going to recommend someone buy an Xbox today or play GTAVI at wukong vanilla PS5 settings).

Like, hell yeah, people thinking this isn't a good idea are just jealous. Let it wash over you. I know it is tough to hear but just buy this and let it be done. It is the path to happiness. Don't let kneejerk anger rob you of what this experience will provide. Don't skip Astrobot to play Ubisoft.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think we should be well beyond the stage of accepting dlss performance as a viable standard. It's very mature and the results are often better than native. Of course we all want to measure raw performance but in the current state of things the benefits of that technology outweigh the negatives.

Reaseru

I sincerely hope those 3 bars in the console design have some kind of an actual function , because they look so unnecessary to me esthetically... Unless Sony signed a contract with Adidas.

The original model, despite it's a big ass console, still looks slick to me. Sony sure has a kink for uglifying the next iterations of their consoles. First the PS3, PSP, PS4 and now the PS5.

Last edited:

Reaseru

This is the reason why I am not sure if I shall keep my Launch model or sell it.
And the redesigns get worse with each iterations.

PS3>PS3 Slim> PS3 super slim
PS4 (for me their best looking console ever) > PS4 Slim > PS4 pro
PS5 > PS5 Slim > most probably PS5 Pro.

And they always apply the same concept. More stripes! Like I said, someone in Sony design team is a Adidas aficionado.

Last edited:

And they always apply the same concept. More sprites! Like I said, someone in Sony design team is a Adidas aficionado.

I really don't care about the look of a console but still:

The OG PS3 with the Spider-Man font looked like a product from the future...

Really Premium

nick776

Yes it looked premium, but it wasnt.

Scratches all over it after the first cleaning and the quality of the cooling (thermal paste) very bad
I always thought the PS3 "super slim" was the most cheap looking console ever made. That was an atrocity.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Surely, they have some awsome shit to show alongside the pro.
Truth.

Likely Death Stranding 2 as I'm sure Decima engine will be wild with more horse power

This shit better come in Jet Black

Same. I held off from buying those black covers to see what Pro looks like, I'd rather just get the covers when I have a PS5 Pro at this point.

I really want some Ghost of Tsushima and a Pro.
That's all i need right now.

Doubt i get a MGS1 remake just yet.

I doubt either is near ready to be shown tbh.

Please share....

Truth. I have a 4090 and can confirm.

Cause imho, anyone running that exact setting, is also likely not telling you that shit is on super low, everything turned off lol

Mr.Phoenix

the black myth wukong numbers here aren't even native 1440p, they are 1440p with DLSS/FSR quality mode lol
so slightly above 900p
Exactly... and then we have these people expecting miracles from the PS5pro.

You have to be more specific, sadly upscaling tech like dlss has become standard. So you have to mention it before hand if you want to exclude it.
I was... said that if we are factoring in DLSS that's a different matter. But I was talking about native rez.

The person I replied to didn't mention upscaling tech either.

But even at that... I showed an example of a game using upscaling tech and still.. under 100fps.

Last edited:

Parazels

PS3 slim and PS4 slim looked better, than the other versions.
PS5 slim most likely will be the cutest as well.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little

I was... said that if we are factoring in DLSS that's a different matter. But I was talking about native rez.

But even at that... I showed an example of a game using upscaling tech and still.. under 100fps.

True.

I think it can hit those numbers on Pro, but with great compromise. They will likely have developers have modes set to hit those numbers.

So I agree, its 100% not going to be native resolution or anything wild like that.

Likely some upscaling, checkerboard feature with lower settings to hit those numbers.

proandrad

No worries, I also can't stand it when people make up bullshit performance numbers. Like they have some magical PC that outperforms dozens of benchmarks. The "it works just fine on my pc" crowd.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I still don't get why? The PS4 Pro was in response to 4K and HDR. What's changed? It seems like a terrible idea to split your userbase and create a second class citizen console. I rather they release a PS6 instead of mid step like a 32X. I am sure most will disagree, but seems like a terrible idea in this economy. Seems to defeat the entire purpose of developing on a fixed box.

I'll probably to buy it, to continue the trend of owning all PS consoles.

Last edited:
I still don't get why? The PS4 Pro was in response to 4K and HDR. What's changed? It seems like a terrible idea to split your userbase and create a second class citizen console. I rather they release a PS6 instead of mid step like a 32X. I am sure most will disagree, but seems like a terrible idea in this economy. Seems to defeat the entire purpose of developing on a fixed box.

I'll probably to buy it, to continue the trend of owning all PS consoles.
Games rely too much on poor reconstruction like FSR2.
RTRT performance is terrible.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Ah yes, time to quote myself again:

Yes, very happy with my PS5 exclusives from Demon's Souls to Returnal, Ragnarok to Rift Apart, GT7 to FFXVI, Spider-Man 2 to Horizon Forbidden West, PlayStation continues to deliver the goods. Helldivers 2 has just taken the world by storm, FFVII Rebirth arrives next week followed by Rise of the Ronin and then Stellar Blade. Death Stranding 2 is already looking like my GOTY 2025 and we still have lots of surprises from the likes of Bend, ND, SSM, SuckerPunch, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Media Molecule and more to look forward to.

I think some are confusing communication with results, gone are the days of super hype events with megaton after megaton reveals, it's a different time but ultimately we're still getting the goods and that's all that really matters. Nintendo fans should be super satisfied with what the big N has delivered too and... we'll stop right there lol.

Now in light of Astrobot we can say PlayStation delivered 3 GOTY contenders this year (FF VII, Astro, Helldivers 2) and indirectly has a 4th in Wukong. Anyone who thought all these 1st party studios were idly sitting by twiddling their thumbs or, worse yet, all working on GaaS (lmao!) are - and I say this with all sincerity from the depths of my heart - absolutely, unequivocally retarded.

Now that we got that out of the way (and bearing in mind PlayStation's new style of communication) I feel comfortable saying the Pro reveal/follow up event will feature the likes of Death Stranding 2, GoT2, maybe Wolverine (especially since it's already leaked). What will NOT happen is PlayStation packing 10 killer, megaton games into a single event/showcase. That doesn't mean those games aren't coming, I promise you they are, they *don't need to* go balls out. And if by some miracle PlayStation does bust it's entire load in one go? Well, won't we all rejoice and sing merry songs under the sun, let's see what happens.

Top Bottom