• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake releases October 8th 2024! | State of Play

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
People claiming the announcement trailer looked good but were trashing it on the first reveal...

The only trashing I recall in the announcement topic(s) was over James's exaggerated facial animations. It's taken a huge turn downward in terms of atmosphere, visual quality etc between then and now it seems.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
4Wer8N6.jpeg

FeralEcho

This gen I got great games, this purely fault on Konami for giving SH IP to western devs YET AGAIN.......as if that worked out great last time.

Konami has zero respect to Silent Hill IP....ZERO!
The gen does have great games but talking simply from a graphical standpoint this generation is a joke....

There are alot of technically impressive games yet outside of Demon's Souls and Forbidden West nothing has floored me whereas last gen and the gen before it any new Playstation exclusive was a graphical powerhouse.

I agree with you though....Konami gives 0 fucks about this beautiful IP and I expect MGS3 remake will turn out the same way...This company simply doesn't care.

Darsxx82

Look like a very very cheap REevil.... and It is sad.

I don't like to criticize any game in this way (especially when it hasn't been released yet), but I think that the Silent Hill license deserved a better/biger return in style and what I see is far from that.

Lol at the bargain bin RE4 combat with the "shoot leg, kneel, melee follow-up" on a fucking SH2 nurse. It looks so out of place and the animations are so stiff on top of it.

The voice acting is actually surprisingly bad and I have zero expectations for this. It's not off-kilter bad like the OG, it just sounds bored and cheap. I can tell they're trying to do that line straddle of being more realistic yet retaining the original's surreal quality and it comes off unconvincing both ways.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The gen does have great games but talking simply from a graphical standpoint this generation is a joke....

There are alot of technically impressive games yet outside of Demon's Souls and Forbidden West nothing has floored me whereas last gen and the gen before it any new Playstation exclusive was a graphical powerhouse.

I agree with you though....Konami gives 0 fucks about this beautiful IP and I expect MGS3 remake will turn out the same way...This company simply doesn't care.
SH is one of the most important IP in survival horror genre and yet Konami treating it like absolute shit.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Did they take Angela believing she is an "ugly thing" literally and actually make her an ugly thing?

3351085-2.png

Mate after Hellblade 2 and Alan Wake 2 id expect this game to atleast beat those PS2 prerenders.

keefged4

At least the PC version will be able to mod in the original faces... right? Waiting for the transmission to start. It cant get worse surely.

Saber

God lord, what happened to Angela? Did she get weight or something? Are they gonna make her closer to Eddy?

It does crack me up how shameless of a REmake rip the combat is. It's identical down to the reticle and timing of the shrinking if you "steady aim".

Watching a few minutes here and yea, I mean, it's like any remake of a classic Horror film. Sanitized, Hollywood-ed and any semblance of the weird auteur shit of the original erased in favor of modern convenience. This is what the Hellraiser 2022 remake is to the original movie.

Vick

Gold Member
Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
They should really change their name to Team Blooper, because those character models are terrible. It looks like they were created using Dreams. By me.

Hugare

Last edited:

Barakov

Cringe Reaction GIF

The fact that it looks somewhat passable is only thanks to the source material and not bloober. Definitely seems like the poster child for how some games shouldn't be remade. Or at least only should be remade by devs who are competent.

Top Bottom