• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake releases October 8th 2024! | State of Play

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Pretty sure most of us are talking about the general control scheme when saying the original SHs were like the original REs, and those saying the SH 2 remake looks like the new REs (due to being fully third person now). The differing elements of the two series weren’t really what most of us were even talking about.
He, like I, was responding to:
Silent Hill was Always a ripoff of Resident Evil

Elios83

Game looks more than fine to me. Atmosphere and graphics are fantastic actually. Combats seem serviceable to a higher degree than the total junk they were in the original, they're obviously taking some hints from the RE remakes.
Some people have been full of prejudices because of Bloober team since the beginning but it's kinda stupid.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
day 1.

but that female look like a roblox character, they SH2 has collaboration with roblox?

diffusionx

Gold Member
xBDWCFV.jpeg
They cant even say it's accidental or a coincidence

FUBARx89

The animation when he uses a melee weapon to hit them on the ground, wow. Hahahahha

Absolutely 0 force behind it. It looks ridiculous.

Needs to be earth shattering. Like when you stomp on a Necromorph in Dead Space 2, now that's got some force behind them stomps. This looks like you do to a pet. Pat em on the nose and go "boop".

Hohenheim

Lets just hope it has a performance mode. The Medium didn't run that well either so that part is a bit concerning. Gameplay, visuals and game direction all look fine.
I'll play it on my PC, but for everyone playing on console I sure hope it have a mode that performs better than what we saw in that gameplay preview.

Last edited:

Doom85

Game looks more than fine to me. Atmosphere and graphics are fantastic actually. Combats seem serviceable to a higher degree than the total junk they were in the original, they're obviously taking some hints from the RE remakes.
Some people have been full of prejudices because of Bloober team since the beginning but it's kinda stupid.

I‘ve only played Blair Witch from them, but I enjoyed it. Like, what did they do wrong, oh there’s a few enemies, well yeah I wasn’t expecting a game with zero threats. As long as the witch herself is never shown, I’m good and feel it doesn’t disrespect the original film, even the 2016 film didn’t as contrary to what some assume the creature that is briefly seen a few times is a victim of the witch and not the witch herself.

I guess some feel it’s only respectful to the original film if you don’t see any visible threat, but for a different medium like a video game, I’m flexible about that. And the part where you go deep below the earth and are blindin the dark and keep hearing this creepy voice, that shit freaked me out.

Shakka43

I'll play it on my PC, but for everyone playing on console I sure hope it have a mode that performs better than what we saw in that gameplay preview.
I will probably play it on PC too but will have to see how performance is gonna be there too, sometimes stuttering are a even bigger problem on PC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
SoP trailer: F
Transmission gameplay: C

They've taken extreme inspiration from the recent REmakes, right down to the shrinking aiming reticle when aiming for a second or two. The "X" prompt to pick up the nutrition drink near the beginning looked like they just copy pasted the X prompt from RE7/Village.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ugly characters(uggo Angela and a prettier James, little blonde girl is probably the only decent design), combat is unimpactful, breaking the car window was lol, the town is very visible as opposed to the game obscuring everything in fog, indoor section are too well lit up when it used to be very dark and foreboding.

This is just awful. Not feeling this at all.

Warablo

I thought the gameplay looked okay? No way they capture the atmosphere and music of the original though. No idea how good it fits in todays gaming climate.

DavidGzz

It's not the graphics that look bad they look great it's the way characters look and the combat animations. Oh well. Gonna play it for sure.

This gen I got great games, this purely fault on Konami for giving SH IP to western devs YET AGAIN.......as if that worked out great last time.

Konami has zero respect to Silent Hill IP....ZERO!
Capcom is the only capable japanese gaming company. Only one that entered upgraded their windows xp computers.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

My only prejudice is toward the stupid studio name. Reminds me of farting in the bathtub.

SaintALia

Looks okay, environment detail and design looks on point.

Animation looks janky and bad though, which is a bit funny,, seeing as the cinematics sprinkled between look so much better than the in game animation.

Also, this trailer focused so much on walking about, cinematics and combat, what about the puzzle solving? I was looking forward to seeing some new puzzles or how they're gonna make some new twists on the old puzzles.

My standards are pretty low at this point though. After what happened to the remaster and not liking any of the Western SH games apart from that one Wii/PS2 game, I was expecting worse. Need to see those puzzles though.

It will probably be better than the original gameplay-wise. The only issues I have with it are nitpicks like girth of Angela's cheeks not matching body mass, James' hair looking like a cheap wig, and the shotgun not decapitating after 1 meter head shot. I can mod that out or find someone that will.

P.S. Really looking forward to the movie as well. The reverence to source material of director and crew behind the scenes is endearing.

P.S.S. I forgot Laura called James fartface in the original...
z5cgrkrfzz541.png

Yeah, Angela looks chubbier, but she also looks way closer to her age than the original game did. James looks different but nothing offensive, same as Maria and Laura. So far, the only issue that made me apprehensive was the frame rate in the Konami stream. Hopefully with about 5 months left before release they can (and whatever time passed from making that trailer) they can optimize / polish it. I'm glad it is day one on PC too, might help gloss over the frame rate to a certain point, but still needs work. Looking forward to October.

Top Bottom