• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Hey Ravi, just a quick question, do you know how the Evo preregistrations are doing? I'm curious to know how much competition there'll be so far.

Just got back from the recording studio, where we recorded Squigly!
Have there ever been discussions about featuring crossover characters? I notice that Alex Ahad is a big fan of VanillaWare, as I am. A certain character would fit into the game pretty well...
GYjy6q1.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Have there ever been discussions about featuring crossover characters? I notice that Alex Ahad is a big fan of VanillaWare, as I am. A certain character would fit into the game pretty well...

I would rather have them get their own characters in first and they got a ton to put in. x.x/

Can't wait to hear Squigly's voice work. :D

I don't understand how she will end up working as a character, though. When all her specials are put in, I think I'll get it.

Combo wise, I suppose she's supposed to be ground chains linked via stance cancels into a launcher, then restand into launch into note super into stand into reset?

So, can anybody tell me if there's something I can improve in my Cerebella BnB?

(j.HK), c.LK, c.MP, c.HP
j.LK, j.HK
c.LK, c.MK
j.MP, j.MK (restand)
c.MP, c.HP
j.LP (mash)
s.LP, s.LP, c.MP, c.HP, AA assist (Fillia's Updo in this case), dp+HP xx super

I thought I could get another c.HP after Updo since I hadn't started a chain with it yet, but the IPS kicks in at that moment. Anyways, it's about almost 8k damage for one bar, and if I have 3 I like to go for a 360 super reset then DHC into Fillia's lv3, which pretty much makes it a TOD.

Ken

Didn't know what to draw for the Draw a Day thread so I went back and did something for that sniper-ghost idea.

1 and 2!

Feel free to laugh at its terribleness; I won't feel bad. :D

Kioshen

So, can anybody tell me if there's something I can improve in my Cerebella BnB?

(j.HK), c.LK, c.MP, c.HP
j.LK, j.HK
c.LK, c.MK
j.MP, j.HK (restand)
c.MP, c.HP
j.LP (mash), J.HP
s.LP, s.LP, c.MP, c.HP, AA assist (Fillia's Updo in this case), dp+HP xx super

I thought I could get another c.HP after Updo since I hadn't started a chain with it yet, but the IPS kicks in at that moment. Anyways, it's about almost 8k damage for one bar, and if I have 3 I like to go for a 360 super reset then DHC into Fillia's lv3, which pretty much makes it a TOD.

Change the J.MK by a j.HK to restand and see how it changes the damage output. I find it easier to land too since you don't have to be super late to land it. I've seen videos of people adding a j.HP after the mashing j.LP sequence so it might be worthwhile to check out how much it adds at this point. Great idea on Filia's Updo assist to add damage !

Didn't know what to draw for the Draw a Day thread so I went back and did something for that sniper-ghost idea.

1 and 2!

I dunno why you're selling yourself so short on those designs, they look great.

Do you have a website?

Change the J.MK by a j.HK to restand and see how it changes the damage output. I find it easier to land too since you don't have to be super late to land it. I've seen videos of people adding a j.HP after the mashing j.LP sequence so it might be worthwhile to check out how much it adds at this point. Great idea on Filia's Updo assist to add damage !

Oops, j.HK is what I meant on the first one, not j.MK. Derp. Don't even know what the timing would be for that.

Gonna check the j.HP thing, maybe it could even help get the s.LPs more consistently? Seriously, those are a pain to land if I'm actually going for the full combo.

Kioshen

Oops, j.HK is what I meant on the first one, not j.MK. Derp. Don't even know what the timing would be for that.

Gonna check the j.HP thing, maybe it could even help get the s.LPs more consistently? Seriously, those are a pain to land if I'm actually going for the full combo.

Really really late on j.MK for it to work now. Yeah those j.LP look are a crapshoot to land consistently for myself too. Let me know how that works out because I haven't had the time to try it out myself.

Beats

Trying to guess where the reset attempt is going to be in a really long combo is so hard. I need to get better at blocking lol.

Parasoul gives me so much trouble..

Really really late on j.MK for it to work now. Yeah those j.LP look are a crapshoot to land consistently for myself too. Let me know how that works out because I haven't had the time to try it out myself.

I've been trying it and other stuff for like an hour now. j.HP does indeed make the s.LPs easier, but it's not that easy to time the j.HP itself correctly. Also, it makes my resets more obvious :|

Anyways, during this I found a corner combo I really liked:

c.LK, c.MP, c.HP, Updo assist, c.HP, dp+grab, super
c.LK, c.MK
j.MP, j.HK (restand)
c.MP, c.HP
j.LP (mash), j.HP
s.LP, s.LP, c.MP, c.HP, dp+grab, super

10k damage for two bars, 12k with a lv1 DHC.

Kioshen

Going to try that corner combo but finishing it with this instead to see if the damage is different :

s.LP, s.LP, s.MK, s.HP xx qcf+LP xx qcf+PP

Ken

I dunno why you're selling yourself so short on those designs, they look great.

Do you have a website?

I'm never really satisfied with what I draw since it usually doesn't look like what I wanted it to look like in my imagination. Maybe in a few more years I'll learn enough to get what I want out of my hands lol.

No website...yet!

Mr. X

New Weekly FGC thread here didn't put Skullheart or the Salty Cupcakes Thread from Skullheart in the OP (it's the old SRK one no one has posted in for like 2 months currently).

>:/

Mr. X

You could PM Enzo. I'm sure he'd put it in.

I did. He asked me if Skullheart was the official forums which it, for all intents and purposes, is the official forums now but remains under the control of the community, which I'm guessing why it's not up there.

Ravidrath

I did. He asked me if Skullheart was the official forums which it, for all intents and purposes, is the official forums now but remains under the control of the community, which I'm guessing why it's not up there.

It's the official forums, officially. Autumn hosts it and everything.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

EDIT: Nevermind then, Ravidrath cleared that up.

Mr. X

Ah jumped to conclusions. He's just keeping track of all the changes he needs to make to the thread and had not got to it yet.

Beats

Figured out some burst bait stuff with Double and a pretty easy jump 'loop' that does alright damage. Also, I fought a pretty good Double player the other day and I didn't realize how insane DHC Catheads (Or just catheads in general) are. Not sure if I feel comfortable bringing her out yet.

1 and 2!

I missed this. I really like the second one. You have some pretty cool ideas man. :]

onionfrog

Sup SkullGAF, just got this game after getting bodied 30 to 1 playing the game at my locals yesterday and really liked it.

Coming from Marvel 3, I've got to say that i like it a lot and many of the basic mechanics are familiar. (Assists, hard tags, otg's, magic series, DHC's)

Anyways if anyone want to play on PSN sometime my PSN ID is onionfrog.

I've settled on Filia/Cerebella for my first attempt at a team.

Sup SkullGAF, just got this game after getting bodied 30 to 1 playing the game at my locals yesterday and really liked it.

Coming from Marvel 3, I've got to say that i like it a lot and many of the basic mechanics are familiar. (Assists, hard tags, otg's, magic series, DHC's)

In ~1 week I'll be back in IL, and we'll play.

Dr.Geno

Neo Member
I was waiting to have my account activated during the voting hype, but I made this artwork supporting Minette that I'd like to share.

4158ed31137eb629a78b72efddb43608.png

Super heartbroken that she got second place, but that just means she'll probably be one of the first in line for the next character pick. Here's hoping!

NEO0MJ

Super heartbroken that she got second place, but that just means she'll probably be one of the first in line for the next character pick. Here's hoping!

Congrats on finally being accepted! Love you avatar <3
As for Minette, she's probably gonna get priority in the future, but not before Umbrella, B.Dahlia and Marie. Maybe even Annie.

Plans can change at any point in time. We don't know who could take priority after the big three. Personally, I'd save anyone who isn't Umbrella/Dahlia/Marie for sequel considerations. The sequel could use some star, fish and tank power.

Not that I have to think about that so much with five new characters on the way. The current game will get lots of play from people for years to come.
Thanks for the updates regarding SG palettes. These reminded me to check Skullheart whenever you posted the new link per day. Parasoul, Cerebella and Peacock are definitely the best. The FLCL Haruko palette is my tip top favorite, though. :p

Feel free to FR me on PSN if you like.

Just bought the Squigly With It and Mad Salt tees. And I finally bought the color pack for the 360 version yesterday. Haven't really done much playing but I hope to change that in a few weeks

Top Bottom