• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Nyoro SF

Wow can't even super jump advance on keyboard.

I was trying to figure out how people were able to get height on me. Not only did I realize there's a super jump in this game but that if you super jump straight up you can't alter your trajectory after it meaning you have to super jump with up back or up forward simultaneously.... which means this is next to impossible on keyboard or at least not reliable.

*sigh*

That's how it is in almost any game that has super jump though. Keyboard warriors have always had it rough.

Dahbomb

Well thankfully super jumping is not THAT important in this game. I think Marvel 3 on Kb would be a nightmare.

Anyone know the jump loop combos for Parasoul? I saw people doing it online and I want to have a crack at them too.

Got bopped quite a few times last night.

I love the lobby system. I would modify it a little bit.

1) I would make it so that you auto-queue again once completing a game, if it doesn't already.
2) I would probably have a tutorial box pop up when you boot up lobby mode, as it will be confusing to new players.
3) I would like to set a lobby as only accepting people up to a certain ping from me.
4) Obviously I'd like the missing features.
5) I'd adore text chat.
6) Add "When's Mahvel" to the list of possible names. :)
7) Also, add "Show Me Your Moves".

Is it to avoid nasty lobby names that you can't name them yourself? Given that you can name yourself whatever ugliness you like on Steam, it might be a bit pointless. :p

alstein

We do need a ton more lobby names.

Skullgirls lobbies do have the VF pre-patch issue of long wait before starting, if everyone is ready, the host should be able to hit a button to start the matches early. (if you guys need 3-5 secs to sync things up like VF, so be it)

Definitely.

The lobby system is absolutely grand, though, I can't stress this enough. It solves a nasty problem with current implementaton.

Mr. X

Well thankfully super jumping is not THAT important in this game. I think Marvel 3 on Kb would be a nightmare.

Anyone know the jump loop combos for Parasoul? I saw people doing it online and I want to have a crack at them too.

Easy version is jLK jMP land jump jLP jLK jMP land jump jMK jHK

8-13 Beta patch notes
AUGUST 13TH, 2013 - MIKEZ
IMPORTANT

We've added better debugging info for crashes, hopefully it helps or at least tells us what’s up. If you are playing online and crash, or get the CPU Daisy Pusher crash, why not find the crash dump in the Skullgirls Beta folder and send it to bugreport [att] labzerogames.com. Or don't, if you want to be that way, I guess. (=.=)

Hey! Hey, listen! It's information on that feature everyone wants information on...

Lobby Fixes DENSETSU GAIDEN
** If only 2 players are in a lobby, it will behave like the console version and give you the Play Again/Change Character/Change Stage/Quit menu after a match. If a 3rd person joins, it will return to the lobby after the match. **
** Fixed Ready icon desync...hopefully this means fewer "can't start another game" occurrances. If it DOES happen, Set Ready/Unready should fix it as a workaround now. **
- Fixed accepting invites from inside a lobby doing bad things.
- Fixed misaligned VS icon.
- Fixed playing Ranked games after leaving a lobby.
- Fixed black avatar box on player leaving.
- Default lobby size is now 6.
- Trying to send invites when appearing offline will prompt you with a message to go online first.
- You can't kick yourself from a lobby anymore.
- Lobby search will hide rooms with private slots that outnumber free slots.
- Host header box now properly updated for all players.
- Player regions now displayed in search results and in lobbies.
- Hide displaying ping on yourself in lobbies.
(Does lag really matter when playing with yourself? ;^)
- Fixed exiting back to Main Menu during a disconnect in a lobby game.

General
- Disabled Leaderboards for the Beta since they don't show anything useful yet anyway.
- Fixed main menu bits hanging around in other modes ("TRAINING" over the Tutorial chalkboard, etc.)
- Extend Arcade Mode by a few more matches, 8+boss instead of 5+boss.
- Reverted back to Recovery spark instead of Reset spark. That was short.

Gameplay
- Increase leniency on all dashes/airdashes/superjumps to 17f (from 12f).
- Assists should not come out behind the opponent ever ever anymore. Ever. Well, maybe sometimes...but much less. No more Updo in the back while they're standing in front of you.

Meatballs
- Meatballs are pretty tasty.

Malajax

Apparently lobbies have been borked witht this update. Crashes immediately upon trying to enter lobbies. Steam comments have said similar things

I watched the first two link. The matches were awesome. And I'm especially glad I watched the second video because that Parasoul was on point. Her combo setups are good and looks fun. In the second video, when Valentine does her launch to j.HP, dash, j.MP, j.HP then lands on the ground dash, st. lp. I try doing that but I can't seem to connect st. lp when I dash before landing.

Beckx

Apparently lobbies have been borked witht this update. Crashes immediately upon trying to enter lobbies. Steam comments have said similar things

Dammit. Finally have what I need to get my PC up to play and they break lobbies before I can even try them. ;_;

Kioshen

I watched the first two link. The matches were awesome. And I'm especially glad I watched the second video because that Parasoul was on point. Her combo setups are good and looks fun. In the second video, when Valentine does her launch to j.HP, dash, j.MP, j.HP then lands on the ground dash, st. lp. I try doing that but I can't seem to connect st. lp when I dash before landing.

You need to keep the character high up in the air. I've just completed analyzing the first video so I'll try it out tonight if I can find what you need to do exactly.

Which one?

- Assists should not come out behind the opponent ever ever anymore. Ever. Well, maybe sometimes...but much less. No more Updo in the back while they're standing in front of you.

I assume that's the change since you were talking about Doom and Task being too far behind.

Dahbomb

NVM I read incorrectly. It's behind the defending player, not the person calling the assist.

Basically no more "sandwiching" of characters.

You need to keep the character high up in the air. I've just completed analyzing the first video so I'll try it out tonight if I can find what you need to do exactly.

I see, I kind of had the same feeling because after doing her j.hp dash to j.mp, during her j.mp, she was under the characters instead of being over. I don't know if I have to delay my j.hp during the launch or delay the air dash after j.hp. I might as well analyze the videos again.

Kioshen

Lobbies are continuously crashing on me as soon as I enter them.

What do I do?

For now not much. The last patch seemed to have broken the lobbies for a lot of people. You could send your crash dump to bugreport [att] labzerogames.com to help have more data to figure out what's making the game crash.

Nyoro SF

What are the lobby features like? Can you set one up and playing training mode or anything while waiting?

That is likely down the pipeline, though that specific feature hasn't been confirmed yet (I think).

We know spectator mode is coming.

Since lobbies are borked, I'm going to be trying some cool Squigly air loops that were demonstrated for me yesterday.

Saikyo

Searching for lobbies crashed my game too, but if it dont find any nothing happens...

Someone tried to open a lobby and tried to invite by steam? Maybe its just in the search screen.

Ravidrath

BRkrVClCIAASZj_.jpg:large

BRks1GuCUAAGFYL.jpg:large

BRkpWUPCQAEfzF2.jpg:large

BRktQ9oCQAAY97d.jpg:large

Zeroo

Neo Member
Squigly combo

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HP, Seria Cancel
s.MP, s.HK
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Dragon Bite

I'm having trouble with this "seria cancel" command. After the s.HP I press PP but nothing really changes whether or not I press PP or immediately continue with the step after the seria cancel. I also can't seem to connect the s.MP to s.HK

What am I doing wrong?

TheOGB

Banned
Squigly combo

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
s.MP, s.HK
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK

I'm having trouble with this "seria cancel" command. After the s.HP I press PP but nothing really changes whether or not I press PP or immediately continue with the step after the seria cancel. I also can't seem to connect the s.MP to s.HK

What am I doing wrong?
Do you have Dragon Stance charged to level 2? Any Seria/Stance cancel requires you have a stance fully charged.

Mr. X

8-13 Notice Taped to the Door of Your Apartment
AUGUST 13TH, 2013 - MIKEZ
On the afternoon of Tuesday, August 13th, some work was done on Lobbies to fix a crash upon entering the Lobby area.
This should also fix a problem where some lobbies would not show up for other people when searching. Please remember to set your region!
A new build should be available now.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Love,
Management

P.S. We are doubling your rent next month.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Squigly combo

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
s.MP, s.HK
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK

What am I doing wrong?

You need to be charged up to do a seria cancel, and do c.MP instead of s.MP it's more consistent

This is the updated version

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
c.MP, s.HK
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

Krackatoa

Wow can't even super jump advance on keyboard.

I was trying to figure out how people were able to get height on me. Not only did I realize there's a super jump in this game but that if you super jump straight up you can't alter your trajectory after it meaning you have to super jump with up back or up forward simultaneously.... which means this is next to impossible on keyboard or at least not reliable.

*sigh*

You just do 2147 and 2369 to SJ, which is very easy to do on a keyboard.

Dahbomb

You just do 2147 and 2369 to SJ, which is very easy to do on a keyboard.
LOL no its not easy at all, its hard enough doing QCF/QCBs, tiger knees are really difficult on KB.

I guess you had to have started on KB to be able to do this stuff.

And how the hell do you do 360s? I want to learn Cerebella but man I can barely even get past her Tutorial! (I sort of did but that was by luck, don't know how I managed to do it)

LOL no its not easy at all, its hard enough doing QCF/QCBs, tiger knees are really difficult on KB.

I guess you had to have started on KB to be able to do this stuff.

And how the hell do you do 360s? I want to learn Cerebella but man I can barely even get past her Tutorial! (I sort of did but that was by luck, don't know how I managed to do it)

Maybe you should look into having a new keyboard layout? I couldn't imagine using the arrow keys for motions for example. Have you considered a hitbox style setup?

S - Left
D - Down
F - Right
Space - Up

(or the equivalent right handed setup)

So a 360 motion would just be pianoing your fingers from your index to your thumb.

Dahbomb

I use SZXC for the directions. I am generally fine with it.

Stuff I can do fairly easily:

*Dashing/wave dashing although anything too intensive movement wise becomes difficult
*Regular jumping/up back
*Forward/Back charge moves
*QCF/DP moves if they are on a single button

Stuff that requires more effort than normal:

*Down/Up charge moves (because you have to hold down two buttons)
*Blocking right/left mix ups. Even a regular side change cross up becomes more difficult to block than normal.
*Super jumping although not THAT necessary in this game thankfully
*QCF/QCB + 2 buttons. The motion isn't the problem, pressing two buttons is a bigger nuisance than normal. I have set Two Attack buttons to Space so that basically allows me to Dash, Roll, Pushblock and do some hypers without much difficulty. It's stuff that is mapped to KK that is hard to do in clutch situations.

That's why I play Parasoul. She has charged attacks, she doesn't have a lot of mobility options and her combos for the most part are not THAT difficult. Pretty much the best keyboard character in the game. About the only thing that is more difficult than normal is her DP into her KK super.

I am however interested in Cerebella and Squigly. I did some freestyle combos with Squigly from watching QisTopTier play and I was almost able to replicate it... and that's a big damage combo. I don't know which of these would be better for Parasoul. Pretty much everyone who is good online used 2 or 3 characters and once they get you to block an assist which has lockdown, that's pretty much game.

Beats

Alright . . . uh, I tried to search for you and it says you don't exist?

E: Steam says you're just Beats. >_>

Also, buttons were jacked, so I hit the wrong one and left on accident . . .

Oh. >.<

Yeah, the frames were skipping for me too for a couple of matches, but it was good for the most part. Man, I messed up combos so many times and got hit by a level 3/level 5 right after lol. : (

GGs though.

Oh. >.<

Yeah, the frames were skipping for me too for a couple of matches, but it was good for the most part. Man, I messed up combos so many times and got hit by a level 3/level 5 right after lol. : (

GGs though.

Yea, games were good for the most part. Every skipped frame also ended in me getting comboed though, so they were extra annoying.

Okay . . . gotta start learning Filia and Parasoul so that kind of nonsense doesn't matter, but Dragon's Crown . . . .

Top Bottom