• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

GGs Karst. It was interesting going up against a 3-person team - don't see those too often.

Your Painwheel was solid, and you had way better setups than I did. Your resets, grab attempts and overheads were on point. You might want to figure out a more damaging bnb when you've got both assists, though - I feel like I got as far as I did strictly because I could just take my chances while getting hit, even when one of my characters was half-dead. Either that, or a more confusing reset.

Also, I think you need to use multiple flight cancels more often; there were times where you'd throw out a jumping normal in anticipation of something, miss or hit nothing, and just float to the ground. In a situation like that, it can be useful to flight-cancel the whiffed normal in order to recover more quickly, re-position yourself or to go for another attack.

In addition, there were times where you tried to get a flight cancel link after c.HP, but you were too far away to connect and I just tech-ed away from you. When you're roughly one character length away, you might want to use LK Buer Reaper instead, in order to close the distance; then try to piece something together from there.

You did OK with Double, considering that you just starting using her - your movement was good, most people aren't comfortable with Flesh Step right away.

What's going on with Flesh Step, anyway? Does that have a use in the neutral? I feel like I'm just making a random, unsafe teleport when I use it outside of Catellite Heads.

Thank you for the Painwheel tips. I noticed you doing a lot of j.LP, j.LK stuff. Care to explain that and how it works out in your favor? You got me a lot with them, but everything was moving too fast for me to process the strategy there.

Can someone give me an intermediate Double bnb?

Oh yeah, and what the help about not being able to counter hyper during the cinematic flash anymore? That is a really, really bad change. Random hypers should not be encouraged.

What's going on with Flesh Step, anyway? Does that have a use in the neutral? I feel like I'm just making a random, unsafe teleport when I use it outside of Catellite Heads.

Combine it with an assist for crossup shenanigans.

Oh yeah, and what the help about not being able to counter hyper during the cinematic flash anymore? That is a really, really bad change. Random hypers should not be encouraged.

Intermediate Double BnB -
HK jLP jMK jHK Barrel
crLP MK HK
jLK jMK Barrel
crLK MK crHP Hornet Bomber HK

... and YES. Completely agreed about the current state of super "hit stop" it makes some supers unblockable if you're not blocking before the flash at close ranges and it's totally encouraging a game where people can just throw it out whenever they feel like it. Ugh Ugh.

Thank you for the Painwheel tips. I noticed you doing a lot of j.LP, j.LK stuff. Care to explain that and how it works out in your favor? You got me a lot with them, but everything was moving too fast for me to process the strategy there.

In the older versions of the game, Flesh Step had about 8 frames of hit invincibility during the main part of the animation. I don't know if it's the same now, though. Most players use it to cross up opponents after calling an assist.

The j.LP, j.LK stuff is just for convenience. When I use it in combos, it's for consistency, because I'm not as dexterous as I'd like to be and I'd rather deal less damage than drop my combos. And when I use it in air to air combat, it's just to bring you back to the neutral game when we land. It's something that I need to work on, but I'm still trying to sort out what works and what doesn't.

I don't know what's up with the superflash thing, though. Seems like an odd change.

If have about 50 Skullgirls beta codes to give out. PM me if you want one, or if you know someone who would really appreciate one.

Combine it with an assist for crossup shenanigans.

Intermediate Double BnB -
HK jLP jMK jHK Barrel
crLP MK HK
jLK jMK Barrel
crLK MK crHP Hornet Bomber HK

... and YES. Completely agreed about the current state of super "hit stop" it makes some supers unblockable if you're not blocking before the flash at close ranges and it's totally encouraging a game where people can just throw it out whenever they feel like it. Ugh Ugh.
I lost a good number of matches yesterday due to people mashing hypers in hopes that I drop a combo. It's a very annoying change. We need to pester MikeZ about it.

Thank you for the Double bnb. Can you give me an advanced one so I can start bridging the gap between the two?

Also, I can't do this for the life of me with Painwheel while going back into a ground series:
s.HK, j.HP, j.HK (then c.LP or something)

Tips on that?

In the older versions of the game, Flesh Step had about 8 frames of hit invincibility during the main part of the animation. I don't know if it's the same now, though. Most players use it to cross up opponents after calling an assist.

The j.LP, j.LK stuff is just for convenience. When I use it in combos, it's for consistency, because I'm not as dexterous as I'd like to be and I'd rather deal less damage than drop my combos. And when I use it in air to air combat, it's just to bring you back to the neutral game when we land. It's something that I need to work on, but I'm still trying to sort out what works and what doesn't.

I don't know what's up with the superflash thing, though. Seems like an odd change.
That makes sense.

I guess Flesh Step confuses me because people use it on solo Double in the neutral, and that seems like suicide.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh god that scared me, thought you were being literal for a sec O_O

So who from GAF is still in it? Only recognized Disco Shark and Cloudius12.

Nyoro SF

Oh god that scared me, thought you were being literal for a sec O_O

So who from GAF is still in it? Only recognized Disco Shark and Cloudius12.

Our very own Q, repping the best cutest character in the game otherwise known as
Squigly
is still in the tournament.

Dahbomb

Anyone have any combos with Parasoul? I can do one combo with her that Dahbomb shared in this thread.

I'm trying to practice this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9uFE28y_E&feature=youtu.be

It's hard, I haven't mastered the first part of the combo yet. But I love the setups which makes me want to get practice that combo more.
That's an expert combo for a reason lol.

I know a slightly a better combo than the one I posted earlier.

cr.LK, cr.MK, st.HPx2, Napalm Shot L
st.LP, st.MP, b + HK, Egret Cancel L, dash up
cr.MK, cr.HP
j.MP, j,HP, j.HK
st.MP, st.HPx2, Napalm Shot L
st.LK, st.MKx2, st.HK xx Super

It's not swag but its effective and not all that hard even though I fail at specific parts of it in regular match conditions.

That's an expert combo for a reason lol.

I know a slightly a better combo than the one I posted earlier.

cr.LK, cr.MK, st.HPx2, Napalm Shot L
st.LP, st.MP, b + HK, Egret Cancel L, dash up
cr.MK, cr.HP
j.MP, j,HP, j.HK
st.MP, st.HPx2, Napalm Shot L
st.LK, st.MKx2, st.HK xx Super

It's not swag but its effective and not all that hard even though I fail at specific parts of it in regular match conditions.

Cool. Thanks. Yeah, I'll just stick with combos I'm able to do then.

I'm bitter, but I won't whine about it.

Trios are the best if you have the chops. I either start learning Peacock for real or I find a third teammate. When this happens it will be explosive.

What are you bitter about? And who are you thinking about for a third?

Guitalex just got eliminated from my bracket.

What are you bitter about? And who are you thinking about for a third?

Guitalex just got eliminated from my bracket.

He said he lost to lag :(

I want to get top 32, but after playing Duckator, Ominiscythe, etc in the IRC chat, I'm definitely know I can't get there because what I'm doing is pretty basic compared to their setups. But only playing for like 20+ hours.

Ooo I'll take one!

I'll PM you about it once I get Internet at my house on Tuesday, just save one if you can :p
PM away and I will send it out tonight.

He said he lost to lag :(

I want to get top 32, but after playing Duckator, Ominiscythe, etc in the IRC chat, I'm definitely know I can't get there because what I'm doing is pretty basic compared to their setups. But only playing for like 20+ hours.
Yeah, he basically said the opponent's connection was unplayable. Restricting online tournaments by region is essential. GGPO can only do so much.

Yeah, he basically said the opponent's connection was unplayable. Restricting online tournaments by region is essential. GGPO can only do so much.
One of my opponents was from Germany so I was pretty apprehensive at first. It turned out pretty damn good, though. Some people just got bad connections no matter what they do...

Top Bottom