• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I think the last CoD game to have campaign co-op was World at War. Beyond that, co-op was limited to special modes at best.
You say "at best" as if the other modes aren't far superior to the campaign! Spec Ops and Zombies are the good shit.

This year's edition promises zombies so I look forward to getting it on sale in 2017.

For some reason unknown to me, I am having fun playing some indie games on my PC rather on my indie machine
Vita
. Now I'm contemplating on getting TiTS for my PC even though I usually get tired easily of long ass JRPGs.

hitoshi

THIS KEY IS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY STASH, MIGHT NOT WORK. IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN I AM TERRIBLY SORRY! :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Swords and Soldiers HD -- MB-D2CD7B382B459282 - Taken by TheMadMan007

After someone mentioned on GAF that the game is basically a prequel to the graphic novels, I knew I had to start reading them right away. I guess there are about 150-ish or so at this point, and I've read the first five so far and I'm loving it.

I think the graphic novels have a lot more depth now, at least for me personally, since I can imagine the characters and their voices based on how they were in the game. Which is why I usually only read stuff like that if it's based on a TV show or movie series (like, huge fan of the Doctor Who comics).

I haven't got to the arc about the farm yet, but I'm looking forward to it now!

Nice, glad you're enjoying it. I'm only on issue 50 myself, I went into getting the deluxe editions which have a compilation of issues in them. Some of them have some cool short stories like Bigby's first encounter meeting Snow. The only thing sometimes the deluxe editions will skip filler issues.

The thing I love about the graphic novels is how much more you learn about the different characters in the Fables universe. Often times you won't even see Bigby in an issue and it doesn't even bother you because the other characters and their stories are that good.

Shadownet

Banned
For some reason unknown to me, I am having fun playing some indie games on my PC rather on my indie machine
Vita
. Now I'm contemplating on getting TiTS for my PC even though I usually get tired easily of long ass JRPGs.

You gotta play with those TiTS on the big screen, not on your tiny Vita screen.

With all this talk about TWDs2, I think it's about time to redownload the game on my Vita and see about liberating my save file and converting it on PC... :\

Today is my birthday, you know what that means? Time for a give away!

But not just any give away. It's time for another twist. From the one who brought you the Broken Bad give away may I present:

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bad Rats

Choose wisely for I have another twist. I have an avatar for the "Winner" of Bad Rats to wear proudly for one week. GLHF!
(If you already have the game you win feel free to regive it yourself or PM and I'll do another giveaway)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (phoenix296, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-B0F744CEFE11B547 - Taken by Indignate. 33 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-A8790DD02D76D40B - Taken by SSPssp. 46 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-EEC3610A6EEF9907 - Taken by adaen. 26 entrants total.
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-8A9147987C89DEDB - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 38 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-397AB214A7C23A97 - Taken by DJSebolski. 66 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-9852D0C5A2A7CCC5 - Taken by Stuggernaut. 28 entrants total.

t1406272235z1.png

^^^
Congratulations phoenix on your birthday!
We should give you gifts, not the other way around!

Call of duty doesn't go much down with the prices. Modern warfare 2 or black ops look like fun in co-op but they are so expensive for their age.
Is there a way or time to get them ~ 8$ ?

Chariot

But not just any give away. It's time for another twist. From the one who brought you the Broken Bad give away may I present:

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

Choose wisely for I have another twist. I have an avatar for the "Winner" of Bad Rats to wear proudly for one week. GLHF!
(If you already have the game you win feel free to regive it yourself or PM and I'll do another giveaway)
Holy shit, what a giveaway!

And happy birthday, boatrider!

AHA-Lambda

have a sudden urge to play the Ghosts campaign. And before you get your pitchforks out, I like the COD campaigns, quite a bit actually (except the Blops 2 one, I hated the RTS levels and only found out later they were skipable) so your opinions on how bad COD is are completely meaningless to me :p

that being said, for the few of you that do like those campaigns, how does Ghosts compare to the MW trilogy and the 2 blops?

Tbh, I thought it was the worst one in quite some time. Probably need to go back to CoD3 to find one that was as subpar.

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

Happy Birthday! Mystery games are always a fun time.

Milamber

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

Happy birthday man.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Call of duty doesn't go much down with the prices. Modern warfare 2 or black ops look like fun in co-op but they are so expensive for their age.
Is there a way or time to get them ~ 8$ ?

Of course not. Activision doesn't want the old games to compete with their new iteration.

dot

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

Woah.

Happy birthday phoenix-chan! :3

I finally beat Amnesia. I've owned it for at least 2 years, but after about 90 minutes of play time 2 years ago, I was just too scared to keep going. But I started a new game last week, and after my first few encounters with the monsters, I actually lost my fear of the game and was able to make great progress. It took me 10 hours; some of the puzzles took me a long time to figure out.

It was a heck of a ride. It's the scariest game I've ever played, even if it stopped being particularly scary after about 4 hours in.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Humble Transformers Bundle -- MB-DFB178FEF71CA959 - Taken by Jadax. 31 entrants total.

t1406230056z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You say "at best" as if the other modes aren't far superior to the campaign! Spec Ops and Zombies are the good shit.

This year's edition promises zombies so I look forward to getting it on sale in 2017.

I play CoD for its Oscar-worthy narrative.

City 17

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

Happy birthday!
May the winner of Bad Rats be forgiven and rest in peace.

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

Happy Birthday Phoenix296.
Not entering for the fear of rats is too strong. Good luck to anyone who does though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
Bad Rats

This is great, can't wait to see the Bad Rats-vatar.

And now, a birthday song from Devin Townsend that isn't really a birthday song so much as it uses birthday as a term but fuck it - i'm going to keep perpetuating the Devy in the steam thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom