• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Xux

ZrN1rS2.png
Is there a more photogenic YouTuber than Mattewmatosis? I didn't think so.

This Persona hype is pretty infectious.

Also, glad they fixed the comment section in the Persona video.

Jeeze, this game is stylish.

Strimei

Dark Souls part 52 - Overly Cautious Darlington

like a baby bird

Haha, well put.

Also I'm catching up on their Persona quicklook and y'know, I take back my worries, I regret them not being able to do it, their hype is somehow enhancing my hype and I've played a good few hours already.

did they disable comments because of spoilers or sommit?

or were people just shitting on Atlus constantly?

I think it was because of spoilers because there's some people that would just dump spoilers just because. Pretty sure Pat got caught by a random bot designed to spew P5 spoilers at people when he mentioned the P5 LP is cancelled...

Also I fell off the Dark Souls LP. In fact I'm falling off all LPs. I really miss Liam, I didn't realise he was such a driving force behind why I kept watching...

Menitta

Pat said on Twitter that they disabled comments just to be safe in the event someone would revenge spoil.

I don't blame them tbh. Apparently in comment sections of Persona 5 stuff, people are straight up spoiling the game.

Doesn't bother me though. Persona is 100% about the journey to me.

Strimei

Pat said on Twitter that they disabled comments just to be safe in the event someone would revenge spoil.

I don't blame them tbh. Apparently in comment sections of Persona 5 stuff, people are straight up spoiling the game.

Doesn't bother me though. Persona is 100% about the journey to me.

Apparently Pat already got spoiled by someone who set up a bot on twitter to tweet/message a major spoiler if they mention "persona 5". So yeah, people be dicks.

Menitta

Apparently Pat already got spoiled by someone who set up a bot on twitter to tweet/message a major spoiler if they mention "persona 5". So yeah, people be dicks.

That's such dedication. To set up a bot SPECIFICALLY to spoil a game. I'm both disgusted and impressed at the same time.

I'm just glad they were able to finish Omikron before Detroit.

I don't know why, but I have a weird feeling that Detroit might end up being good, or at least better than heavy rain.

Getting Omikron out of the way well before hand paints the picture of David Cage completely while heading into Detroit.

We've all been kinda expecting Kah-jay to turn it around and actually make something good for damned near a decade now and it hasn't come to pass. Detroit will be Heavy Rain tier, at best (though personally, I'm hoping for it to reach Omikron/Ride to Hell/Sonic '06 levels of Gloryhallastoopid).

Wiseblade

I've never been the biggest fan of Liam when it came to LP's, I was a bigger fan of him for the podcast.
I just wasn't a fan of him in general. I'm sure he's a great person and I don't despise him or anything, but I was never entertained by him on LPs or the podcast.

Menitta

I've been excited for P5 for a while but not super excited to play it. Their video changed that. I need to get that game.

I'm super bummed SPOILERS ABOUT EARLY GAME DO NOT LOOK IF YOU DONT KNOW OR WANNA KNOW

That we won't get to see their reaction to April 15th and how much they'll wanna murder Kamoshida and how dark the narrative gets.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I've been excited for P5 for a while but not super excited to play it. Their video changed that. I need to get that game.

Same. I was honestly going to pass on the game but their video has me so hyped I'm scrambling finances to try and get this. But that might just be because these guys have kind of become my go-to source for video game stuff. I've been meaning to check out Giant Bomb for video game news but honestly, I just miss GameTrailers. Once they died my desire for video game news died too (really old GT for the record, not the new blood)

Strimei

Y'know, as a teen, I actually would've loved a room like P5MC's. Hell, my bedroom for my teen years was kinda like that, except in the basement. Once cleaned up, it was very cozy and safe.

Sou Da

Same. I was honestly going to pass on the game but their video has me so hyped I'm scrambling finances to try and get this. But that might just be because these guys have kind of become my go-to source for video game stuff. I've been meaning to check out Giant Bomb for video game news but honestly, I just miss GameTrailers. Once they died my desire for video game news died too (really old GT for the record, not the new blood)
LPs selling people on Persona? Really makes you think.

Y'know, as a teen, I actually would've loved a room like P5MC's. Hell, my bedroom for my teen years was kinda like that, except in the basement. Once cleaned up, it was very cozy and safe.

I think every teen would love to have the freedom that Persona protagonists get. It's always why I find it baffling that they seemingly are afraid of doing one set in college.

Strimei

I think every teen would love to have the freedom that Persona protagonists get. It's always why I find it baffling that they seemingly are afraid of doing one set in college.

Very true, and looking back, I had an amazing amount of freedom, probably on par with the MCs. I could very easily slip out the back door (it was just up the stairs from my basement bedroom) and no one would be the wiser.

Though seeing as I was a giant nerd, I just played video games late into the night. No regrets, either way.

I still hope they revive the original idea for P5, that of backpacking around the world. I think they should pair it with the Golden Theater from Catherine, and make that its own series of stand-alone things. It would be perfect.

Village

The issue is Japanese college life is apparently much different than a lot of other countries. To which then the response would be " just set it in another country " , and life pat i'm with it a japanese take on other culture through that lense, or getting people from that culture to help you create that world would be interesting.

But no, japanese highschool, also no more girls.

And that's it

University in Japan is very very casual and laid back. It's much more relaxed than the HS setting because ultimately nobody really cares about the college you go too.

Village

University in Japan is very very casual and laid back. It's much more relaxed than the HS setting because ultimately nobody really cares about the college you go too.

Every time I bring up college someone rags on me and tells me that all life ends after highschool over there.

Village

Life ends when you enter the workforce

But the time culturally you look back on and are nostalgic about is usually high school

In japan?

I know people in the US who look back fondly to college, and their young adult life after that point.

But again I guess its a cultural thing. I am not a Japanese expert TM

It's heartbreaking to hear Woolie and Pat excitedly announce the P5 LP on the podcast after the fact. Took a look at the first episode and see that the comments are disabled. I can't even comprehend their disappointment right now.

Edzi

It's heartbreaking to hear Woolie and Pat excitedly announce the P5 LP on the podcast after the fact. Took a look at the first episode and see that the comments are disabled. I can't even comprehend their disappointment right now.

There's nothing to be upset about. It's not like they can't play it anymore, now they just get to enjoy it at their own pace on their own time.

There's nothing to be upset about. It's not like they can't play it anymore, now they just get to enjoy it at their own pace on their own time.

YI doubt they had a contingency plan for all the time P5 was going to fill the channel's schedule. Do we even know how many episodes they taped beforehand? They got a monkey wrench thrown into their plans.

YI doubt they had a contingency plan for all the time P5 was going to fill the channel's schedule. Do we even know how many episodes they taped beforehand? They got a monkey wrench thrown into their plans.
Probably episode 1 & 2, because they said the got the news in the middle of their recording session.

Edzi

I mean, it can't have been much considering the game just came out. I also can't imagine it being too difficult to pick some other game(s) to take its spot.

easy for you to say

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

Top Bottom