• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Couldn't even save his girlfriend...
Well, kirito killed his girlfriend.
tumblr_nbvotepy2B1ref6uao1_500.gif

It was an accident though.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 hour impressions
Upscaled on Wii U this game is fucking ugly but the Wii U has a tendency to do that and it doesn't effect anything. Menu navigation is weird but I'm sure it is just a thing you get used to after a while. Combat is whatever, the more arts I get the faster it feels so that will probably shape up the further I get. Looting things is pretty bad. It takes a couple seconds for the actual item list to load up when you go to get the items enemies drop and if you just finished a fight with multiple enemies this slows you right down. There is a lot of side quests, I can see now why Pat and Liam suggest skipping most of them. I wish the Wii U pro controller worked for this game, Wii mote control for this game just feel off to me.

Also, The Council of Black Otakus have made contact.

On sidequests, if you want to do some, do the ones with unique names. The generic named ones are complete filler, don't go out of your way to complete them(although I found it fun to do the boss ones because I like boss battles + good loot). Sadly there's some amazing sidequests in the game that require you to finish several other sidequests and get good affinity within an area(like at least 3 stars). There's an amazing sidequest in the Nopon area.

I dunno... I actually prefer the drama rather than the anime. I believe its more updated and the anime doesn't actually look too good. That's your choice on watching which version tho.
Yeah, that's the one real issue with the anime. It really shows it's age at times. And it doesn't help that onizuka makes some fuck ugly faces.

Ilvocare

Finally got around to beating all levels in DK:Tropical Freeze. Only needed to beat 6-A, 6-B, 6-K, and then the 3 secret levels. Hilarious that all it unlocks is hard mode. Really? I need to finish everything to get hard mode?

Will not 100% that game, that's more trouble than it's worth, also I really dislike it when Time Trials are included in 100%-ing a game.

Well to be specific that's if you want 200%. Also I'm certain that Time Trials aren't counted towards completion percentage.

Also that "Really?" reaction is the same way I felt about Returns, enough to make me feel like the entire game was a waste of time. At least TP soothes the ache by
letting you play as any of the Kongs that you want by themselves.

Humanity is doomed. God reap the sinners.

The Blackalypse is upon us.
qhmubnr.png

It has begun.
On sidequests, if you want to do some, do the ones with unique names. The generic named ones are complete filler, don't go out of your way to complete them(although I found it fun to do the boss ones because I like boss battles + good loot). Sadly there's some amazing sidequests in the game that require you to finish several other sidequests and get good affinity within an area(like at least 3 stars). There's an amazing sidequest in the Nopon area.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for the unique ones.

Numb

Kirito is so good, he can make Sandwhich's fall in love with him, can Guts to that?

I should take guts under my wing and teach him how to be a true big dick G
But the training might kill him
EDIT: only person who could train me was me from the future
EDIT 2: And yes i did fall in love with myself after the meeting

360pages

Well to be specific that's if you want 200%. Also I'm certain that Time Trials aren't counted towards completion percentage.

Also that "Really?" reaction is the same way I felt about Returns, enough to make me feel like the entire game was a waste of time. At least TP soothes the ache by
letting you play as any of the Kongs that you want by themselves.

Returns I didn't care for very much, something felt off about it.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 hour impressions
Upscaled on Wii U this game is fucking ugly but the Wii U has a tendency to do that and it doesn't effect anything. Menu navigation is weird but I'm sure it is just a thing you get used to after a while. Combat is whatever, the more arts I get the faster it feels so that will probably shape up the further I get. Looting things is pretty bad. It takes a couple seconds for the actual item list to load up when you go to get the items enemies drop and if you just finished a fight with multiple enemies this slows you right down. There is a lot of side quests, I can see now why Pat and Liam suggest skipping most of them. I wish the Wii U pro controller worked for this game, Wii mote control for this game just feel off to me.

Also, The Council of Black Otakus have made contact.

Hope they upscaled it
or downscaled it?
better on the 3DS version

The one picture that can make Woolie look short

Yeah, that's the one real issue with the anime. It really shows it's age at times. And it doesn't help that onizuka makes some fuck ugly faces.
Hmmm it would be cool to get an updated version of the anime. Its a classic, but I wonder if someone would really do it. The drama's pretty good, but it doesn't capture the comedic scenes as well.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for the unique ones.

I should warn you though that there's a lot of unique ones as well. Best way to play the game without burning out is to do like 3-4 unique sidequests in every area before moving on to the next one. This will keep you from getting either under- or overleveled. Getting completionistic on your first run through will only make you quit halfway, there's way too much to do.

Ilvocare

P4A Yosuke scenario talk:
Ah yes, Yosuke and Chie in their natural habitats, acting like petulant fucking children.

This is the best.

Skrams

Episode 1 and I already love this fucking anime.

I knew I'd love GTO at episode 2 because
suplexes

Fuck, Woolie is like 6 foot something. Is this guy 7 feet?
I dunno... I actually prefer the drama rather than the anime. I believe its more updated and the anime doesn't actually look too good. That's your choice on watching which version tho.
The fuck am I reading. The anime holds up easily. The only problem is I think it did the thing where it caught up to the manga and then had to make up a different ending. I've yet to watch the newest drama, but I watched '98 drama and it's pretty good as well. I like the anime more due to some story line differences, but they're both good in their own aspects. I also remember GTO having some pretty nice animation. It'd only be a problem if you hate the way old anime just looks.

The fuck am I reading. The anime holds up easily. The only problem is I think it did the thing where it caught up to the manga and then had to make up a different ending. I've yet to watch the newest drama, but I watched '98 drama and it's pretty good as well. I like the anime more due to some story line differences, but they're both good in their own aspects. I also remember GTO having some pretty nice animation. It'd only be a problem if you hate the way old anime just looks.
What's the manga ending?

Numb

This seems like a good day to start Berserk. As to which anime to watch....Monster, I guess.

Stop with berserk and watch a true blackswordsman at work
also fills out your anime crave
tumblr_nfz9vtXuZB1tcn4ado3_500.gif

oh nice berserk. i hope this is the year i dont re-read it. atleast not twice

Top Bottom