• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I'm super not hyped you guys, I just called gamestop and they said they aren't having a midnight release because pre-orders didn't meet expectations. I ALSO FOUND OUT I WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY FUCKING BLOODBORNE,WITCHER 3, OR BATMAN BECAUSE OF MY SHOULDER SURGERY.

FUCK.

FFFFfffff. Gotta wait even longer to touch that glorious Bloodborne Booty, maybe TBFP will have their videos up at midnight so I can drool with mad salty man tears as I wait to touch that glorious steelbook booty.

Yeah but getting to the velvet room is tricky... I'm garbage at those contacts.
You uhhhh, you know there's a VR in the lobby area, right?
I'm super not hyped you guys, I just called gamestop and they said they aren't having a midnight release because pre-orders didn't meet expectations.

FFFFfffff. Gotta wait even longer to touch that glorious Bloodborne Booty, maybe TBFP will have their videos up at midnight so I can drool with mad salty man tears as I wait to touch that glorious steelbook booty.
The Bloodthirst is real

You uhhhh, you know there's a VR in the lobby area, right?
Damn... I just realized I didn't grind for Persona cards.... Welp...
image.php

I need to take reading lessons from Woolie.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm super not hyped you guys, I just called gamestop and they said they aren't having a midnight release because pre-orders didn't meet expectations. I ALSO FOUND OUT I WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY FUCKING BLOODBORNE,WITCHER 3, OR BATMAN BECAUSE OF MY SHOULDER SURGERY.

FUCK.

Yo man, sorry to here that. I wish you a speedy recovery to get in on that Bloodborne hype.

Everyone likes big butts, they cannot lie

RIP. Lol I'm sorry. Were you looking at this?

Yo man, sorry to here that. I wish you a speedy recovery to get in on that Bloodborne hype.

Yeah thanks guys, I'm pretty depressed and it is super ironic because I just spent all this money I won on a nice gaming set up and upgrades to play Batman and Witcher 3 on my PC.

Now I have shoulder surgery that will potentially make it impossible for me to play until MGSV comes out on September 1st. I think for all my trouble I am going to go ahead and upgrade my Preorder for a CE whenever they decide to call.

FUCK.

I'm sitting out the Bloodborne hype as well, sadly. I'm just too broke for a ps4 right now.

FUCK.

God damn, that sucks man. Hope you get better quick.

I'm sure the best friends have a Bloodborne LP ready. Of course I'm not even gonna look in its direction till I finish it lol.

360pages

I'm still waiting for the Buu saga to finish up in kai to complete my DBZ collection. I don't have the original box sets since I realize getting Kai was cheaper with better cropping.

Skrams

Yeah thanks guys, I'm pretty depressed and it is super ironic because I just spent all this money I won on a nice gaming set up and upgrades to play Batman and Witcher 3 on my PC.

Now I have shoulder surgery that will potentially make it impossible for me to play until MGSV comes out on September 1st. I think for all my trouble I am going to go ahead and upgrade my Preorder for a CE whenever they decide to call.

That is a real shitty situation, but you know what you could do? Learn to play with your feet and mouth.

I'm sitting out the Bloodborne hype as well, sadly. I'm just too broke for a ps4 right now.
giphy.gif

God damn, that sucks man. Hope you get better quick.

I'm sure the best friends have a Bloodborne LP ready. Of course I'm not even gonna look in its direction till I finish it lol.

Yeah, they are going to saw a chunk of my clavicle off and then remove a bunch of calcified bits and broken bits of bone that somehow the original Emergency Room missed 7 years ago, and repair my laebrum as well as my ball socket.

Basically I was 400lbs at 19 and I started bicycling to loose weight, the route I took everyday had a nice stretch that also unfortunately went right behind next to this fence behind a school. Well, I started to amble up and pick up speed to get up a slight hill, and I tilted my bike too far to the left and the handlebar became lodged in the fence link, and it stopped the bike instantly causing me to soar 20-30 feet away and about 15 feet into the air and landed directly on my scapula separating my right shoulder and dislocating my right arm.

Hey kids, don't ever injure your back or your shoulder, you will regret it before the age of 25.

That is a real shitty situation, but you know what you could do? Learn to play with your feet and mouth.

I have horrible teeth and stankbreath and sweaty stankfeet, no way is that shit going near my controllers.

Rizzi

giphy.gif

Yeah, they are going to saw a chunk of my clavicle off and then remove a bunch of calcified bits and broken bits of bone that somehow the original Emergency Room missed 7 years ago, and repair my laebrum as well as my ball socket.

Basically I was 400lbs at 19 and I started bicycling to loose weight, the route I took everyday had a nice stretch that also unfortunately went right behind next to this fence behind a school. Well, I started to amble up and pick up speed to get up a slight hill, and I tilted my bike too far to the left and the handlebar became lodged in the fence link, and it stopped the bike instantly causing me to soar 20-30 feet away and about 15 feet into the air and landed directly on my scapula separating my right shoulder and dislocating my right arm.

Hey kids, don't ever injure your back or your shoulder, you will regret it before the age of 25.

Jesus.

God damn that's terrible. But it'll be completely worth it in September when the first game you come back to is fucking metal gear. It's gonna be an amazing comeback lol.

Man, now that the SMRPG LP is over I am finding it hard to get into the other ones.

They are great, just not as hype inducing, but I still watch them anyway just because I like hearing Pat, Woolie, Matt, and Liam make jokes and talk about games and shit.

You should've seen the bike, I managed to pretzel it.

I have no idea how I didn't land on my neck and I praise God Almighty for that.

God damn that's terrible. But it'll be completely worth it in September when the first game you come back to is fucking metal gear. It's gonna be an amazing comeback lol.

I'll be the real Big Boss.

So, I'm curious. Anyone else on here play/used to play D&D?

I used to play AD&D 1st edition.

No I wasn't even alive in the 70s, an old aquaintence of mine knew a GM that loved to run the old D&D ruleset.

The kind of ruleset that I believe Baldur's Gate and NWN are based on, since it had THAC0.

I used to GM Call of Cthulhu 5th edition with some great Campaigns since I love to write Lovecraftian style stories anyway, and my first book that I'm still working on and trying to get finished is at its heart and core, a lovecraft story through the lens of my love of cyberpunk and dystopian fiction.

Alfebit

Banned

I have horrible teeth and stankbreath and sweaty stankfeet, no way is that shit going near my controllers.

Gatdamn. Good luck, mang.

I'll be the real Big Boss.

Let the legend come back to life.

beinfilms

Shit, man. Best of luck dealing with that!

beinfilms

I used to play AD&D 1st edition.

No I wasn't even alive in the 70s, an old aquaintence of mine knew a GM that loved to run the old D&D ruleset.

The kind of ruleset that I believe Baldur's Gate and NWN are based on, since it had THAC0.

I used to GM Call of Cthulhu 5th edition with some great Campaigns since I love to write Lovecraftian style stories anyway, and my first book that I'm still working on and trying to get finished is at its heart and core, a lovecraft story through the lens of my love of cyberpunk and dystopian fiction.

Not bad, not bad. I'm running a 5e campaign (although I'm realizing more and more that I would've been better off with 3.5 or Pathfinder), but from what I've seen, I've got nothing but respect for 1e games (that shit's confusing), and I've heard Call of Cthulhu is pretty fun, too.

I don't, but really want to. I can't seem to find a local group.

I hope you find one, because it's a lot of fun!

giphy.gif

Shit man, that's a fucking thing for sure...
Being low on cash is pretty bad too... kinda...
Alright, of course you win. Just saying, we can both be super salt at basically everyone in this group together.
You damn rich/healthy nerds!

Shit man, that's a fucking thing for sure...
Being low on cash is pretty bad too... kinda...
Alright, of course you win. Just saying, we can both be super salt at basically everyone in this group together.
You damn rich/healthy nerds!

Yeah I feel you man, my parents(Whom I live with) barely make 40k a year and it just keeps getting harder and harder. I can't find work because I can't stay healthy enough, long enough and now I also have to deal with surgery, PTSD, and going to the Psych/therapist. I wouldn't even have this stuff if I didn't get money from a settlement from an accident that fucked my life up pretty bad. So I'm pretty thankful really, but I am still butthurt.

I feel for you bro, I will be crying as I stare at my copy of Bloodborn sitting in it's metal case next to the artbook. FUCK.

SO salty right now. Thanks for the support man, and to all you other fellas/gals. If you were in my area I'd invite you over to play the fucking game for me lol.

Man I just realized that I'm only a year younger than Onizuka.

Onizuka is so fucking good.

I just came to say I'm really enjoying the RE Revelations 2 and Mad World play throughs, RE looks like a lot of fun co-op. That's all, I think I have to go now.

I just came to say I'm really enjoying the RE Revelations 2 and Mad World play throughs, RE looks like a lot of fun co-op. That's all, I think I have to go now.
Reveliatons is fan fucking tastic. I'm not feeling MadWorld much though. Great game, but the LP is really relaxed, being Matt and Woolie.

I also end up listening to the OST immediately after watching a part.

Skrams

I know where you're coming from. I'm enjoying them as well. Revelaitons 2 is more gameplay focused while the story isn't that important, so I feel fine watching it as I'm usually apprehensive about watching LPs for newer games since I'd rather play them myself first unless I'm completely uninterested.

Reveliatons is fan fucking tastic. I'm not feeling MadWorld much though. Great game, but the LP is really relaxed, being Matt and Woolie.

I also end up listening to the OST immediately after watching a part.
Hopefully Matt wasn't putting on airs when they said they get into the groove later on. They also really need to turn up the announcers as this is some peoples first introduction to the game and they're not audible at all. I'm curious as to what weapon combos they find later since I don't remember the game being that combo-y. It's been a while since I've played Madworld, so I've forgotten a lot of it.

Also I'm glad they're switching up the songs for the intro art. I love Ain't That Funny, but it's cool that they're using different tracks for variety since they keep talking up the music.

Yeah I feel you man, my parents(Whom I live with) barely make 40k a year and it just keeps getting harder and harder. I can't find work because I can't stay healthy enough, long enough and now I also have to deal with surgery, PTSD, and going to the Psych/therapist. I wouldn't even have this stuff if I didn't get money from a settlement from an accident that fucked my life up pretty bad. So I'm pretty thankful really, but I am still butthurt.

I feel for you bro, I will be crying as I stare at my copy of Bloodborn sitting in it's metal case next to the artbook. FUCK.

SO salty right now. Thanks for the support man, and to all you other fellas/gals. If you were in my area I'd invite you over to play the fucking game for me lol.

Alright I'll shut up now.
I was just trying to keep it light, meant no offense.

Skrams

Can't tell if I like that or the full opening more. Both are pretty good. Man, my hype can't be contained. Also does carebear hate One Punch Man too? Just the worst opinions.

Also I'm not entirely sure if Matt will even be joining the roster, but people should watch anyway just in case because he might show up at Paxamania. It's in about 4 hours and 30 minutes. It's at 10:30 AM EST/7:30 AM PST/whatever your time zone.

Top Bottom