• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Skrams

Chapter 6. Will continue today and once it apparently gets super fucked, I'll start Ippo. Worst thing is that I've been completely spoiled on a lot of fights.

You mind telling me through spoiler tags what you think you've been spoiled on? I have a hard time believing what you could be spoiled about beyond the golden age arc. I rarely see anyone talk about berserk around here and spoil fights. It's mostly just fuck griffiths and all that.

croten

You mind telling me through spoiler tags what you think you've been spoiled on? I have a hard time believing what you could be spoiled about beyond the golden age arc. I rarely see anyone talk about berserk around here and spoil fights. It's mostly just fuck griffiths and all that.

I think he's talking about Ippo

Skrams

I think he's talking about Ippo

Oops, yeah okay, that's understandable then. They've been spoiling it on the podcast without a care in the world even though they said they would do an Ippo spoilercast. I think the fights are still hype to watch even if you know the result though. Except for the people who post the final punch of the series gif all the time. Fuck those people.

croten

Oops, yeah okay, that's understandable then. They've been spoiling it on the podcast without a care in the world even though they said they would do an Ippo spoilercast. I think the fights are still hype to watch even if you know the result though. Except for the people who post the final punch of the series gif all the time. Fuck those people.

I don't think that one is too bad if you've never seen Ippo before,
it's completely out of context and you can't know who the characters are so unless you are already watching Rising then I don't think it's too bad.

Zenfalcia

So this Monday around 8PM Mountain Time(GMT+7:00), I want to set up a room for GG:XRD again and fight my fellow Frienders.
So that's about 11pm for east coasters? I'm sure some people will be free around that time, try to post around that time to see if anyone wants to play.

Zenfalcia

Well.. isn't okay if people who see the gifs don't know the context of them, then it's not really spoilers..

Skrams

I've been spoiled on...
Takamura vs Eagle and Takamura vs Hawk entirely, of which the latter is apparently the final fight of the second season? Also Ippo's first dempsey roll and one super prolonged and sick punch to the left kidney between two characters I don't know.

I think that's about it. Also elephant noises.
Knowing the match outcomes isn't that big of a deal I think. You'll still be biting your lip most of the time unless you are just that taken out of the experience by knowing a match result. From what you've said I don't think that's really a lot at all. Also the certain fight being at the end of the second season doesn't matter at all.
Well.. isn't okay if people who see the gifs don't know the context of them, then it's not really spoilers..
No, it's not okay even if people don't know the context.

Ants

Being spoiled on Ippo should not negatively impact your enjoyment of Ippo to a significant enough degree to dissuade you from watching it.

croten

Knowing the match outcomes isn't that big of a deal I think. You'll still be biting your lip most of the time unless you are just that taken out of the experience by knowing a match result. From what you've said I don't think that's really a lot at all. Also the certain fight being at the end of the second season doesn't matter at all.

No, it's not okay even if people don't know the context.

I was spoiled on it and I didn't mind at all. In fact I was even more excited for it.

Skrams

Being spoiled on Ippo should not negatively impact your enjoyment of Ippo to a significant enough degree to dissuade you from watching it.
No one is being deterred from watching it. Mara is still going to watch it despite knowing a few things.
I was spoiled on it and I didn't mind at all. In fact I was even more excited for it.
It's different for different people. Matt said on the podcast he was bummed because he had it spoiled for himself in gif form. Some people get hyped and some get their shit diminished because all they can think is oh, that scene I've seen before.
But it's hype tho!
No, I don't go posting some gif of parts of the final battle of Gurren Lagann or some other hype thing just because look at hype shit. I'm certainly not going to do if I'm trying to convince people to watch Gurren. Especially not in a thread where despite the pushing, a lot of people haven't seen things like Gurren or Ippo.

Skrams

I've seen the entire matches, not just the results. But still, I'm definitely going to check out the show regardless of this.
This was back in the time I wasn't planning on going back to anime and wasn't interested in Ippo and a buddy of mine, who was a fan of Ippo, made me watch bits of it alongside him. Those bits included these fights.

Also guys and girls, do you want to shower with your dad?

Man, I completely forgot you told us that. That is just a shitty thing you can't correct then. Also man, you have a weird stance against anime as if it burned you at some point and you decided to write all of it off because of that.

Also ew.

Zenfalcia

No, I don't go posting some gif of parts of the final battle of Gurren Lagann or some other hype thing just because look at hype shit. I'm certainly not going to do if I'm trying to convince people to watch Gurren. Especially not in a thread where despite the pushing, a lot of people haven't seen things like Gurren or Ippo.
It has different effects on each person, some people get hyped up and others are just sad since they won't be surprised during those moments. Up to the discretion of the person trying to hype it up.
I've seen the entire matches, not just the results. But still, I'm definitely going to check out the show regardless of this.
This was back in the time I wasn't planning on going back to anime and wasn't interested in Ippo and a buddy of mine, who was a fan of Ippo, made me watch bits of it alongside him. Those bits included these fights.

Also guys and girls, do you want to shower with your dad?
Who doesn't want to shower with their dads!?!?

Skrams

It has different effects on each person, some people get hyped up and others are just sad since they won't be surprised during those moments. Up to the discretion of the person trying to hype it up.
I don't think it's a particularly good idea on a forum where you're throwing darts at a board for peoples taste. Especially for this thread where someone posts an Ippo gif and then it just spirals into a page of them. Most people don't care at the time since they've already seen the thing and that means it's free game. I just don't care for that logic of thought.
I didn't write it off entirely. I knew there were some really good stuff waiting for me if I ever went back, but I just wanted to focus on TV shows and games. I wasn't really in the mood for the average anime show and only really got back into it with Gurren Lagann. I was planning on checking out shows again later, just not at that specific point in time.

Bleach, Naruto and Haruhi burned me on it a bit.

I don't really see much difference between deciding to watch a TV show or an anime, so your stance still seems sort of peculiar to me, personally. Just continue doing what most people do for everything and cherry pick the stuff you want to try out or have heard are good.

Also yeah, so you were burned a bit. I understand the feeling, but it's just that people need to realize just because a Big Bang Theory exists then it doesn't mean they need to take a break from television. I realize you took a break and that was it. I guess I just hope no one writes things off like anime for silly reasons like a few bad shows they've seen.

Yo, long time fan, first time Gaffer.

Sup?

you'rehereforever.jpeg

Also be the best you that you can be before you die.

Got distracted with games and trying to get this whole Twitch thing going. >.>

What all have I missed? Anything interesting?

I'm on Gintama ep 79. Gintama is cool. That recap episode made me realize I like this show a lot more than I thought I did.

Zenfalcia

It's fiiine Zen 2
tumblr_static_e6e7gn0ceo84ww4o4sgs00sg8.jpg

That reminds me that while I haven't been posting recently I have been skimming, and I'm seeing tons of Gintama gifs and things now. Glad you guys finally got on board, and those that haven't WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

zennyzz

Welcome to the super best friends thread! If you've been lurking for a while, you know what to expect of us. We go off-topic a lot, but if you want to talk about something specific, whether it be best friends related or not, just post it and replies are sure to follow. Also, make sure to post 300 cleanly written, non-hostile posts and be careful for the upcoming three months, as Bish lurks behind every corner.

What's a discussion thread without the ability to go off topic? It's like a fighting game without cancels. You just aren't really living.

Zenfalcia

I don't think it's a particularly good idea on a forum where you're throwing darts at a board for peoples taste. Especially for this thread where someone posts an Ippo gif and then it just spirals into a page of them. Most people don't care at the time since they've already seen the thing and that means it's free game. I just don't care for that logic of thought.
With enough Ippo gifs they'll be motivated to watch it. possibly...
Just like BestGaffu.
That reminds me that while I haven't been posting recently I have been skimming, and I'm seeing tons of Gintama gifs and things now. Glad you guys finally got on board, and those that haven't WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Gintama is okay. It's like the simpsons, episodic humour with zero seriousness.
I'm joking, damn does gintama get serious.
I did literally nothing today. Good job me.
Good job you. Speaking of which.. I SHOULD DO STUFF.

Okingjrr

Yo, long time fan, first time Gaffer.

Sup?
Welcome New Zen!
Time...
Backlog clearing.
I did literally nothing today. Good job me.
Good job you. Now get ready to do it again tomorrow.

Top Bottom