• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

That sounds like a horrible thing.
We eat food in Australia. :p

Yall have these in Australia?

Philly-Cheesesteak-1.jpg

Skrams

Since Matt (and Woolie?) will probably be in this PAXMANIA nonsense, here's the event thread if anyone's interested!
I was just about to post about it. Thanks for already doing that. Hopefully Matt's been practicing and doesn't scrub it up.
Oh yeah, definitely. Problem is that no one in my vicinity could point me towards shows like that. In fact, I had never heard of Monster until the best friends and you guys spoke of it. As is often the case, the average garbage show takes the spotlight for most viewers.

I hadn't either until the podcast. I've learned about a lot of things from the podcast. I only learned about KLKs existence because of the podcast and then I found out about crunchyroll. I was very casual with anime until I think Attack on Titan started becoming big. I hopped on board in the middle of that and now I'm watching 4 something shows or more a season. I've also caught up on a ton of shows I've missed out over the years. It's really weird how much I've shifted in so little time.

Also yeah, welcome to the mainstream media of shit.

croten

Man when I play Fallout NV I just get depressed at how much better it could have been if Obsidian didn't have to use Gambryo and were allowed to have as much time as they needed with it. I look forward to the next Fallout just so it will be on a better, though still far from perfect, engine.

Anung

Un Rama
yo, Swery is in this as well? that is pretty cool.

Maybe later, I don't have much desire to play it and the FF15 demo means nothing to me.

I'm on the fence. After having no interest in JRPG's last gen (the ones I played were trash) I'm kind of itching to get back into them so I'm considering FFT0HD (plus the demo won't hurt) but I kind of feel selective so I don't kill my interest even further by picking a crap one.

I'm on the fence. After having no interest in JRPG's last gen (the ones I played were trash) I'm kind of itching to get back into them so I'm considering FFT0HD (plus the demo won't hurt) but I kind of feel selective so I don't kill my interest even further by picking a crap one.

I haven't been paying much attention to it but I think I have heard that it was good.

The JRPGs that really grabbed me have mostly been PS2 era games and vita re-releases. I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles right now and that is going pretty good.

Anung

Un Rama
yo, Swery is in this as well? that is pretty cool.

Maybe later, I don't have much desire to play it and the FF15 demo means nothing to me.

I haven't been paying much attention to it but I think I have heard that it was good.

The JRPGs that really grabbed me have mostly been PS2 era games and vita re-releases. I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles right now and that is going pretty good.

Yeah man. PS2 era JRPG's were god-tier. I'm interested in getting back into them with Xeno, FF15 and Persona 5. Never played a Persona before so interested tosee what all the fuss is about.

zennyzz

Alright if that's fine with ya. Money is a good nickname. I've never expected a junior that joined here because of the SBFs that played P2.... ;~;

I'm fond of the series as a whole, but consider the duology the best Atlus has ever gotten story wise, well it some competition from DDS and Soul Hackers.

I think my biggest gripe with persona as a series now is that the overarching story is so much weaker than it used to be. Characterization hasn't faltered, but p3 and p4 really slipped in giving actually poignant plots.

Well, I just completed Dead Money. I really liked this dlc. I loved the story, characters, and overall atmosphere. I was somehow able to get all the gold bars, which was a real bitch to do. It was worth it, though, as my guy is now the richest motherfucker in the Mojave. I got Elijah's note to Veronica, so she got a nice boost. I also find it cool that you can side with Elijah, although it ends the game. Well, I guess it's time to go meet Joshua Graham.

I'm fond of the series as a whole, but consider the duology the best Atlus has ever gotten story wise, well it some competition from DDS and Soul Hackers.

I think my biggest gripe with persona as a series now is that the overarching story is so much weaker than it used to be. Characterization hasn't faltered, but p3 and p4 really slipped in giving actually poignant plots.

A game's plot doesn't need to be poignant in order for it to be good. P2 definitely was better story wise compared to P3 and P4, though.

Yeah. I've been looking into those... I need to catch those on sale. What other Megaten games have you played? I really wish the stories were more connected in the rest of the Persona series. At least towards
Nyarly
Zenny isn't only from P2.. >_>

Sure.
Yen is actually the currency from P2... It's fine

Top Bottom