• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

croten

i heard its basicly the fucking origin story of the whole damn series
so you kinda have to play it for that alone

I don't have to play it at all. That's the thing, just because it's a part of a series I adore doesn't mean I have to play it. I can just play the good ones and avoid the bad ones, there is no obligation to play anything.

I care(ed)about the Zelda timeline and I dropped SS like I drop combos. It wasn't worth it to me. I'm not saying you enjoying it is bad or anything but you sure as hell don't have to play it to experience the deep, well planned history of Hyrule
heh

360pages

The thing is, Skyward Sword is a horrible origin story compared to the Minish cap, and it doesn't even make sense because of the Minish cap. (The Minish cap is the story on how Link and all later Links got the hat, it was small and modest)'

The thing is, Skyward Sword is a horrible origin story compared to the Minish cap, and it doesn't even make sense because of the Minish cap. (The Minish cap is the story on how Link and all later Links got the hat, it was small and modest)'

This is assuming the rest of the zelda lore isn't already just one dumb laughable mess.

They're... kind of incomparable? And I don't see any problems with SS's story. Just its execution. I do fucking love Minish Cap.

meh nothing and i mean NOTHING
will be as confusing and fucked as Kingdom Hearts's lore
atleast Link isnt everyone
and atleast not everyone and their grandma can use the Master Sword

Skyward Sword takes the already fucked up lore of Zelda, and makes it an unfixable mess.

It's also super boring.
meh nothing and i mean NOTHING
will be as confusing and fucked as Kingdom Hearts's lore
atleast Link isnt everyone
and atleast not everyone and their grandma can use the Master Sword
Kingdom Hearts lore may be stupid, but at least the creator didn't institute three different timelines to fuck with those stupid enough to try and make sense of it.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I'd argue that Minish Cap isn't really an origin story in terms of plot, but rather the origin story of the icon of Link, his hat, as well as the implications the game laid down of what the garb of the descendants of Link actually does - ie it has been blessed by the natural world and order.

Skyward Swords origin story was much more complicated, as it dealt with the creation of the Master Sword and the founding of Hyrule, both of which are intical to future games, much moreso than Links hat.

360pages

I'd argue that Minish Cap isn't really an origin story in terms of plot, but rather the origin story of the icon of Link, his hat, as well as the implications the game laid down of what the garb of the descendants of Link actually does - ie it has been blessed by the natural world and order.

Skyward Swords origin story was much more complicated, as it dealt with the creation of the Master Sword and the founding of Hyrule, both of which are intical to future games, much moreso than Links hat.

I think that is the problem however with Skyward Sword, a large portion of that Didn't need explaining. Especially not in the way it did, what made Minish Cap work was that it was humble. It didn't try to explain everything, simply Link and his hat.

Skyward sword you could argue try to fit 2 games worth of plot into a single game causing it to problems from both a gameplay and narrative standpoint...that and Link shouldn't have his hat in Skyward sword.

Maybe try to teach her somethings. Like each button giving a different move and specials. At least let her learn how to auto combo.
She doesnt understand concepts like combos, she just mashes till it works, she can barely speak english.
And im too lazy to change the button config so X is weak attack cause she only mashes x.

I don't blame her. Its the best Persona game after all.

For now
2574046-9812635719-i7NpL_zps3020fa65.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I think that is the problem however with Skyward Sword, a large portion of that Didn't need explaining. Especially not in the way it did, what made Minish Cap work was that it was humble. It didn't try to explain everything, simply Link and his hat.

Skyward sword you could argue try to fit 2 games worth of plot into a single game causing it to problems from both a gameplay and narrative standpoint...that and Link shouldn't have his hat in Skyward sword.

Oh, Skyward Sword is a fucking mess, but it tried to do something with it's plot, instead of the usual 'fight baddies cuz' scenario. It attempted to lay groundwork for future games on the timeline and that fell flat on its face.

It is confusing that they gave him a hat in this game, but I think it is implied that the hat he received after defeating Vaati was special in some way, shape, or form. The hat he had in Skyward Sword was just a hat in that regard.

Top Bottom