• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

360pages

Oh, Skyward Sword is a fucking mess, but it tried to do something with it's plot, instead of the usual 'fight baddies cuz' scenario. It attempted to lay groundwork for future games on the timeline and that fell flat on its face.

It is confusing that they gave him a hat in this game, but I think it is implied that the hat he received after defeating Vaati was special in some way, shape, or form. The hat he had in Skyward Sword was just a hat in that regard.

Well, Skyward swords lacks agency in the plot. Introducing the Goddess in the story, and have her predestined everything cheapens things.

I'm gonna attempt to watch gurren again

If i'm not feeling it i'm done for ever

Gurren's kind of in that weird spot where I've heard from people that say it didnt click for them until like near the end.

But considering you adore Wonderful 101 and its ending, I think you should try to stick with Gurren.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Well, Skyward swords lacks agency in the plot. Introducing the Goddess in the story, and have her predestined everything cheapens things.

And that fucking time gate debacle. Super confusing. The only way that time gate would have worked is if it was Links fate to go to the future/past and change something, because since everything is predestined, nothing can be changed.

And the plot is fucking nonsense. The way that incarnation of Link and the Goddess gets set in place is only explained fully in a 32 page manga put in the back of Hyrule Historia which I just read. The only reason Link as a hero has drive to save anything is because it is his duty as a hero to protect Hyrule. Which makes each individual Link and their individual actions suspect, because if everything is predetermined, then where the fuck does Majoras Mask fit in? That game was in a parallel universe that wasn't even Hyrule!

Zelda lore is dumb, and Link is just a badly written character in general. Purely an avatar for the player with no depth whatsoever (outside of WW and MM. Maybe OoT and TP)

360pages

And that fucking time gate debacle. Super confusing. The only way that time gate would have worked is if it was Links fate to go to the future/past and change something, because since everything is predestined, nothing can be changed.

And the plot is fucking nonsense. The way that incarnation of Link and the Goddess gets set in place is only explained fully in a 32 page manga put in the back of Hyrule Historia which I just read. The only reason Link as a hero has drive to save anything is because it is his duty as a hero to protect Hyrule. Which makes each individual Link and their individual actions suspect, because if everything is predetermined, then where the fuck does Majoras Mask fit in? That game was in a parallel universe that wasn't even Hyrule!

Zelda lore is dumb, and Link is just a badly written character in general. Purely an avatar for the player with no depth whatsoever (outside of WW and MM. Maybe OoT and TP)

I think WW Link is the only one with a real character and motive. Hell, you could even argue that he wasn't even a reincarnation and just happened upon it. WW had a very, (You are destined, but your actions is what make you a hero) Vibe to it. Which is a nice trope that MM also confirms but the rest of the series zig-zags.

Is it a manga?

100% Grade-A American Manga

Is every deluxe edition available to buy on Amazon? I want to read the whole thing at once.
I also need to get into American Vampire.

Read Punk Rock Jesus. Short read.

The first 3 trades have been compiled into one large volume. Start there. And don't be fooled like Matt with American Vampire, Stephen King only wrote the origin story. Still a fantastic book, though.

And I've had my eye on Punk Rock Jesus.

Top Bottom