• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

For a second I thought she was understanding the concept of an anti air but nah she just happened to be liking 2B at that moment.
What if it's a work? she just wants you to think that and she's actually gitting gud.
Probably jinxing myself by saying this but aiming to start P3 in maybe 2-3 weeks
Good luck with that.
Brb breaking my ultimax stick and cd into a million pieces and killing my teddie bop bag.
Git gud tho.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I think WW Link is the only one with a real character and motive. Hell, you could even argue that he wasn't even a reincarnation and just happened upon it. WW had a very, (You are destined, but your actions is what make you a hero) Vibe to it. Which is a nice trope that MM also confirms but the rest of the series zig-zags.
He was a reincarnation, only reincarnations have the triforce. I have a book about WW that just analizes the shit out of it's world and characters.

MM had tons of psychological shit in it, but yeah, no real motives other than find your friend and "get this guys mask back to save all these people who look just like your friends but have no idea who you are and any attempt to get to know them is futile because they will just forget you".

I'm just upset because the Link that keeps getting reincarneted said this in the canon manga, "My dear land of Hylia! Though people's hearts may change with time, this land's beauty, pride, and purity never change. If you have need of me... Then I will forever fight to defend you!"
Then the goddess says over his body after he dies:
"I will ensure that your gentle, heroic spirit will live on eternally."

So Link is the essence of heroism, and that's it. Any personal motivations he may have had are moot.

Become better.

You're replaying it? What part are you at and when did you start.

Git gud tho.

How does it feel when I beat you? Are you pissed? Miserable? Frustrated? Hahahaha That's what it's like to lose.

THAT WAS BULLSHIT. FUCK HER DAMN SUPER ARMOR ON THAT GOD DAMN DUMB RHYTHM GAME. I THOUGHT MY ARROWS WERE OVERHEAD TOO FUCK ME.

GG's to everyone but Abubeats. Never talk to me again.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
100% Grade-A American Manga

The first 3 trades have been compiled into one large volume. Start there. And don't be fooled like Matt with American Vampire, Stephen King only wrote the origin story. Still a fantastic book, though.

And I've had my eye on Punk Rock Jesus.

I will, check PRJ out, worth the 15 bucks I paid.

I need to read Saga and W3 and then I'm good for a while.

Gonna be hard to top Preacher tho.

Rizzi

I wonder if Twilight Princess will go up on the eShop. Don't really want to pay $50 for a copy of that.
Skyward Sword fucking sucks.

Finished the first mailbag special episode of the CoS podcasts. Its still great, but holy fuck do they spoil a lot of SMT stuff. This podcast definitely isn't for the persona only fans and for the people who've actually played the other games as well (even if most news is Persona). But it definitely fills a niche I've been looking for and I love it for that.

Also Cordelia on Mara is pretty great.

360pages

He was a reincarnation, only reincarnations have the triforce. I have a book about WW that just analizes the shit out of it's world and characters.

MM had tons of psychological shit in it, but yeah, no real motives other than find your friend and "get this guys mask back to save all these people who look just like your friends but have no idea who you are and any attempt to get to know them is futile because they will just forget you".

I'm just upset because the Link that keeps getting reincarneted said this in the canon manga, "My dear land of Hylia! Though people's hearts may change with time, this land's beauty, pride, and purity never change. If you have need of me... Then I will forever fight to defend you!"
Then the goddess says over his body after he dies:
"I will ensure that your gentle, heroic spirit will live on eternally."

So Link is the essence of heroism, and that's it. Any personal motivations he may have had are moot.

I would argue that Tetra herself kind of shows what WW was going for, but it might be my personal preference. MM on the other hand, it feels much more personal. Because despite the Mask, it feels like you are saving the people rather than just fighting evil for evil sake.

ultimax

THAT WAS BULLSHIT. FUCK HER DAMN SUPER ARMOR ON THAT GOD DAMN DUMB RHYTHM GAME. I THOUGHT MY ARROWS WERE OVERHEAD TOO FUCK ME.

GG's to everyone but Abubeats. Never talk to me again.

tumblr_mx29siBB901skz5gxo9_400.gif

Your tears give me energy

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Twilight Princess had motivation!

1. Save them fucking kids.
2. Cure your wolf shit.
3. Save Zelda who knows about your wolf shit.
I never said he didn't, I just said it wasn't as strong as WW or MM.

I know, but it was very poorly represented and even getting that much out of Link as a character is a stretch. The only motivations he has are instilled upon him by his predecesors as the 'right thing to do/ save Hyrule'.

Finished the first mailbag special episode of the CoS podcasts. Its still great, but holy fuck do they spoil a lot of SMT stuff. This podcast definitely isn't for the persona only fans and for the people who've actually played the other games as well (even if most news is Persona). But it definitely fills a niche I've been looking for and I love it for that.

Also Cordelia on Mara is pretty great.
I warned you.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I would argue that Tetra herself kind of shows what WW was going for, but it might be my personal preference. MM on the other hand, it feels much more personal. Because despite the Mask, it feels like you are saving the people rather than just fighting evil for evil sake.

I would argue that the reason for that feeling is purely one of comparrison. WW is grand in both size, quest, and freedom. MM is much more condensed as you are given a smaller map than WW and even OoT, and the 3 day cycle helps dive home the point that everything you are doing will be undone at the end of those 3 days. The more contained manner of the game as well as the sheer amount of characters you can interact with personally makes it the most 'fighting for people you know rather than this land' Zelda made.

I'll listen to this tomrrow after I finish my raids and get my Korra bluray.

I know that this is off topic and shit, but earlier you said that you look forward to watching Gravity Falls on Netflix...Well, this is a Disney show, so it's not coming to Netflix for a long time, if it ever comes.

Jman014

By the way you totally missed this on Raw tonight.

tumblr_nkz82qPXMq1srbyoyo2_500.gif

Was probably the only good thing about it.
DAMNIT KORRA IM AT THE DIVAS MATCH
I know that this is off topic and shit, but earlier you said that you look forward to watching Gravity Falls on Netflix...Well, this is a Disney show, so it's not coming to Netflix for a long time, if it ever comes.

Are you serious? FUCK. Does the official Disney website have episodes?

I need a purcahse link so I can watch every episode for that show

Gruncle stan is up there with bender for me as one of ym favorite cartoon characters.

Top Bottom