• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Xiraiya

I take it that you've been enjoying it?

Yeah I have, it's fun stuff I actually really enjoy the premise of "If we made this enemy stronger in this situation, how will it turn out?"

I do wish I got some view as to how a history with all of those changes ended up, like what did Vegeta and Nappa do after wiping out the Z fighters? Etc. etc. stuff like that.

In this Christian Nonviolence class I have to take I may have to picket on a highway overpass against war or hand out leaflets at our mall against some other issue.

This is going to blow, picketing is a really annoying way to cause change IMO.
Why is christian nonviolence a class?

semisonic

Banned
Did you meet the Best Friends?

I was super awkward and weird, but yes. Sadly, it wasn't liam or pat, my favorites, but it was still pretty fucking cool.
I got them to sign my gurren boxset and confirmed an eventual chaos code fisticuffs, tho, so it wasn't all awkward.

Honestly, I was probably happier to meet the smashers, who were a lot friendlier and less, I dunno, businesslike. It might be because as youtubemen the best friends meet a lot more awkward or creepy fans, or maybe just because the smash community is a lot more open and, reciprocal than the best friends community, because smashers all play together and the best friends don't play with their fans. But there was definitely a barrier there there wasn't when meeting the TK and the crew

Just so everyone knows: I didn't do this in Catholic School, guys. Nor were we ever required to.

Hi Recursive-whatever.
I'm tempted to say we had the option to opt-out, just needed to talk to the teacher one on one. I mean we needed permission slips to go do it anyway, so.

Honestly I was probably cool with it since it meant I missed half a day of classes.

joe2187

Banned
Private, Catholic.

Yeesh!

I remember my mom took me to sunday school once and left me and my brother there. Not even an hour I was there they were teaching kids the book of revelaitons.

I cried like a bitch and told my mom never to take me back there. I had nightmares of jesus coming down from the sky and killing me for like 2 years.

Thanks sunday school.

Xiraiya

Oh yeah so im about to go on the first date ive been on in like??? Two years?
I hope I don't drop the spaghetti

Remember that you are with a living, breathing individual, the entire date should be about having a good time and doing things they or both of you enjoy, anything resulting from that should be a bonus, not an expectation.

Yeesh!

I remember my mom took me to sunday school once and left me and my brother there. Not even an hour I was there they were teaching kids the book of revelaitons.

I cried like a bitch and told my mom never to take me back there. I had nightmares of jesus coming down from the sky and killing me for like 2 years.

Thanks sunday school.

According to The Old Testament those dreams are pretty accurate. If Jesus was God.

Jman014

We had to picket outside a Planned Parenthood building my senior year. It was cold and dumb and took 3 hours.

Hey guys.

0QIEKI8.jpg

Hi Moogamon.

DOO DOO DOO DO DOOOO BWAN NA NA NANANA DOO DOO DOO DO DOOOO BWAN NA NA WANANANA
Yeesh!

Thanks sunday school.
I ran Sunday School at my church from age 11-16. The only way to teach Revelaitons is to dumb it down to where it has no meaning.

I was super awkward and weird, but yes. Sadly, it wasn't liam or pat, my favorites, but it was still pretty fucking cool.
I got them to sign my gurren boxset and confirmed an eventual chaos code fisticuffs, tho, so it wasn't all awkward.

Honestly, I was probably happier to meet the smashers, who were a lot friendlier and less, I dunno, businesslike. It might be because as youtubemen the best friends meet a lot more awkward or creepy fans, or maybe just because the smash community is a lot more open and, reciprocal than the best friends community, because smashers all play together and the best friends don't play with their fans. But there was definitely a barrier there there wasn't when meeting the TK and the crew

Pat does. In Smash and Ultimax. He can get a little salty.
I think Matt plays with the SA forums.
Woolie has been spotted on Facebook/Reddit doing KI matches.
Liam streams sometimes. I haven't heard of him opening up the floor for fighting games tho.

Dude it's so fucking good. And the convention prices were pretty good too!
I got both legend of heroes artbooks for 50, megaman 25th for 65, hyrule historia for 30, and the art of Pheonix Wright, which is super fucking rare and goes for like 165 used online, new for 70.

I'm so jelly

Squishy3

I got back from PAX!
Got like 5 artbooks, some games, some soundtracks, some of those world ends with you pins, and some clothes. Fucking great. Also got my d4 soundtrack signed by swery, my gurren boxset signed by matt and woolie(who might have confirmed a chaos code fisticuffs in the future after I was super awkward and asked), and my project m and gamecube controller signed by GIMR, D1, PB&J, and TKBreezy, who also offered to cosign my music pack and put it up on reddit for me. Everyone there was super cool and nice.
You guys should go to pax.

In other news, fucking nothing.
So you're the fan Stamper kissed on the mouth to make them go away, in other words?

croten

Pat does. In Smash and Ultimax. He can get a little salty.
I think Matt plays with the SA forums.
Woolie has been spotted on Facebook/Reddit doing KI matches.
Liam streams sometimes. I haven't heard of him opening up the floor for fighting games tho.

Also Mon Hun

Zenfalcia

FUCK WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT MY BROTHER WAS RIGHT THERE WITH ME
Actually speaking of my brother, he just applied for a neogaf account.
So he'll be joining bestGAF in probably a month or two.
Come on son! It looks a ton better than a selfie.

That'll be fun...
Wild Beasts are the worst.
What's wrong with it?
Oh yeah so im about to go on the first date ive been on in like??? Two years?
I hope I don't drop the spaghetti
Good luck and have fun. Do the thing, press the x x x and the y y y.
Yeah I have, it's fun stuff I actually really enjoy the premise of "If we made this enemy stronger in this situation, how will it turn out?"

I do wish I got some view as to how a history with all of those changes ended up, like what did Vegeta and Nappa do after wiping out the Z fighters? Etc. etc. stuff like that.
You wish they showed the end of the alternate history?

Did you say you are an active member of the bestgaf? If you didn't you shamed us.

That GIF is in Canada?!

I didn't expect Canada to get all crazy like that.

Yeah that riot was in Vancouver, It was over the Canucks losing the Stanley Cup.

The entire situation was really fucked up, it wasn't just over hockey. Everyone, expect the police apparently, knew a riot was going to happen either way. There people who came from other provinces just to cause mayhem.

joe2187

Banned
DOO DOO DOO DO DOOOO BWAN NA NA NANANA DOO DOO DOO DO DOOOO BWAN NA NA WANANANA

I ran Sunday School at my church from age 11-16. The only way to teach Revelaitons is to dumb it down to where it has no meaning.

They went full old testament on our young little asses, the whole fire and brimstone and dirty thoughts will get you into hell where demons will flay your skin shit.

One of the things they taught is that if you ever cursed or said bad words you had to immediately say a bunch of hail mary's with the rosary or you will be surely damned.

Why is christian nonviolence a class?

Yeesh!

Thanks sunday school.
I'm making a gif out of my favorite RLM moment right now
Remember that you are with a living, breathing individual, the entire date should be about having a good time and doing things they or both of you enjoy, anything resulting from that should be a bonus, not an expectation.

Also, if she agreed to go on the date, you're already in there. You don't need to impress her or anything, and she'll likely allow a couple of fuck-ups. Don't stress.

They went full old testament on our young little asses, the whole fire and brimstone and dirty thoughts will get you into hell where demons will flay your skin shit.

One of the things they taught is that if you ever cursed or said bad words you had to immediately say a bunch of hail mary's with the rosary or you will be surely damned.
Ooh boy. That sounds like hardcore crazy Baptists.

I beat fucking MANUS and yet Gywnn is giving me so much shit.

It's weird I thought this was supposed to be the most boring and easiest fight in the game.

YOOO! I need more LPs.

Top Bottom