• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Shackzam

Elphelt looks really interesting. I'm definitely trying her out.

I think I might also pick up Slayer, for no reason other than he looks cool. I don't even know what type of character he is.

I'm not sure how to describe it either because he seems like a fundamentals character. The reason for this is because he has big normals that don't trade that often, but he doesn't have the same chain combos as the rest of the cast does.

Yeah, I'm going to be playing her and Chipp when I get the game. So watch out when I rock your ass.

Bring it slut.

Also, the fourth combo isn't working. Seems you can't throw and red roman cancel into a shot for a wall stick. He just bounces right off. Was this patched out?

Elphelt looks really interesting. I'm definitely trying her out.

I think I might also pick up Slayer, for no reason other than he looks cool. I don't even know what type of character he is.

He has big hits and some combos into and from one of his supers. Very physical character without any ranged attacks that I know of, but not as fast as a character like Chipp.

He also uses smoke from his pipe as a guard. Which is pretty cool.

Shackzam

Bring it slut.

Also, the fourth combo isn't working. Seems you can't throw and red roman cancel into a shot for a wall stick. He just bounces right off. Was this patched out?

He has big hits and some combos from into and from one of his supers. Very physical character without any ranged attacks that I know of, but not as fast as a character like Chipp.
Is there a way to change the strength of the shotgun shots because the first few shots seems slower and then he goes into the faster shots.

Is there a way to change the strength of the shotgun shots because the first few shots seems slower and then he goes into the faster shots.

Oh wait, you're right actually. When she first takes aim she hold the gun slighty down making the strength weaker. But if she holds it up for a little longer than she holds it straight and it shoots and sticks them to the wall.

Edit: Ok I got the timing down. First you throw, then red roman cancel -> pull up the shotty -> roll forward since its faster than walking and doesn't lower the gun -> wait for the gun to pull up before you fire. That's actually really sick.

But damn those are some god tier reloads. I'm gonna have to practice on those to get them down.

Shackzam

Oh wait, you're right actually. When she first takes aim she hold the gun slighty down making the strength weaker. But if she holds it up for a little longer than she holds it straight and it shoots and sticks them to the wall.

Edit: Ok I got the timing down. First you throw, then red roman cancel -> pull up the shotty -> roll forward since its faster than walking and doesn't lower the gun -> wait for the gun to pull up before you fire. That's actually really sick.

But damn those are some god tier reloads. I'm gonna have to practice on those to get them down.

It's all practice, soon you'll be auto piloting those combos.

He's got a grapple and a anti air grapple. Don't trust Squishy, he's a liar.

No, I knew that, but he was telling me he otherwise doesn't play like a grappler. Such as, Culprit, Sho and S. Lab have grapples too, but they aren't really grapplers, you know?
I wish I could try guilty gear before I buy... they going to do an american demo or a trial or something by any chance?

No, I knew that, but he was telling me he otherwise doesn't play like a grappler. Such as, Culprit, Sho and S. Lab have grapples too, but they aren't really grapplers, you know?
I wish I could try guilty gear before I buy... they going to do an american demo or a trial or something by any chance?

There's a demo for ps4 isn't there?

Wait isn't there like play share feature on this thing now?

I'll run down his list of moves and see how many grapoles he has for myself.

What defines a grappler besides having command grabs?

Shackzam

Here's an hour long video of a good potemkin. You decide. He's as grappler as it gets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-VpgnBmdkM

Goddammit, you guys are making me wanna buy Xrd digitally.
Does anyone remember the framerate stuttering during chapters 11 or 12 of TEW?

Because it's starting to stutter on my copy -_-

You're playing on a 360 right? Last gen version is pretty much bound to have those problems. LP was on PC and then PS4

What defines a grappler besides having command grabs?

Like, how those command grabs factor into their gameplan. Is the tool their breadbutter, or is in more a gimmick to fling out to keep the opponent guessing... I guess?
I'm pretty new to the fight scene, so it's less knowledge and more a feeling at this point. But I know Cerebella and Kanji fit me like a glove, and that's the reason I like their games.

Here's an hour long video of a good potemkin. You decide. He's as grappler as it gets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-VpgnBmdkM

Giving it a look now.
PS, Shack, man, you never got back to me on what those Kanji Ultimax update changes were?

Man fuck this Potemkin! He's got three grapples and one of them is a fucking anti air super! And he even has a fucking uppercut that can knock them into his air super for almost 50%

Yeah Romars don't get this game.

Shackzam

Like, how those command grabs factor into their gameplan. Is the tool their breadbutter, or is in more a gimmick to fling out to keep the opponent guessing... I guess?
I'm pretty new to the fight scene, so it's less knowledge and more a feeling at this point. But I know Cerebella and Kanji fit me like a glove, and that's the reason I like their games.

Giving it a look now.
PS, Shack, man, you never got back to me on what those Kanji Ultimax update changes were?

This is all I could find on it.
-SB Added Cruel Attack is now One More Cancelable and Super Cancelable
- j.C have faster start-up, decreased landing recovery
- 5C hitbox increased from before Kanji, increased reach

If you like Cerebella and Kanji then Potemkin is almost the base of those characters.

Xux

Remember how Karin had a weird command grab but she was really a rekka character with launchers and counters and hand slaps?

This is all I could find on it.
-SB Added Cruel Attack is now One More Cancelable and Super Cancelable
- j.C have faster start-up, decreased landing recovery
- 5C hitbox increased from before Kanji, increased reach

If you like Cerebella and Kanji then Potemkin is almost the base of those characters.
Any news for Aki or Aegis?

Man fuck this Potemkin! He's got three grapples and one of them is a fucking anti air super! And he even has a fucking uppercut that can knock them into his air super for almost 50%

Yeah Romars don't get this game.

I feel a little bit like an ass that this is actually selling me... more than watching some annoying loli kick the shit out of potemkin in this vid Shack linked anyway, lol.
Still watching tho

Shackzam

Any news for Aki or Aegis?

This is all I could find and I believe some of these aren't translate well.
Akihiko
- The opponent isn’t forced to start when hit by Kill Rush (the fuck does that mean)
- Double Upper is now faster depending on your Cyclone Level
- If you use Hop or D-moves, you won’t lose your Cyclone Level and can continue with Boomerang Hook and others…
Aigis
- When you use Vulcan Cannon, you can hold the button to land on the ground
- Second half of Air Boost can now be cancelled with normals or Skills
- In Orgia Mode, 2A, 5B and Sweep are jump cancelable
I feel a little bit like an ass that this is actually selling me... more than watching some annoying loli kick the shit out of potemkin in this vid Shack linked anyway, lol.
Still watching tho
May is fucking good. It's sometimes ridiculous the amount of pressure she can put on. Also remember this is a set and also just pay attention to how much of a grappler potemkin is. Also Potemkin starts bodying her after that first match.

Top Bottom