• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I feel a little bit like an ass that this is actually selling me... more than watching some annoying loli kick the shit out of potemkin in this vid Shack linked anyway, lol.
Still watching tho
so far out of the two fighting games ive played the only grappler, or psudo grappler, I like is Culprit, I like Kanji cause kanjis the best but grapplers just arent my thing...rushdown characters like Aki and aegis tho, thats my jam.

This is all I could find on it.
-SB Added Cruel Attack is now One More Cancelable and Super Cancelable
- j.C have faster start-up, decreased landing recovery
- 5C hitbox increased from before Kanji, increased reach

If you like Cerebella and Kanji then Potemkin is almost the base of those characters.

Weird. SB sound like I could do some dangerous things with, and faster J.C will be great too... but damn I'd really rather just have my air combos and my 'not useless against keep away characters' lightning back.

so far out of the two fighting games ive played the only grappler, or psudo grappler, I like is Culprit, I like Kanji cause kanjis the best but grapplers just arent my thing...rushdown characters like Aki and aegis tho, thats my jam.

I thought I was a rushdown fan too... til I played Kanji. Now I'm grapplers all day, everyday. Except when I play puppet characters, cause I realized I like them too.
I also like Culprit, whatever the heck he is.

So whats the general consensus in ultimax? Sho or Minazuki?
Personally I like Sho better.

Sho's rushdown is way better (than anyone in the game really, only Aki is his competetiion) but I like Minazuki's game more.

Xrd's lobby system is waaay more complex than needed to be.

I do like how you can create lobbies inside lobbies and make them private. Its a step forward, but yeah. Confusing.

Btw, theres a bug that introduces lag if you dont have japanese voices supposedly, so try changing that if your laggy

Our match was fine, but god that sounds awful.

This man knows.

Hey, I love fighting rush down characters, does that count?

So whats the general consensus in ultimax? Sho or Minazuki?
Personally I like Sho better.

I do too, but I don't know why, cause he just seem like a gimped Minazuki...

You all should be playing in Japanese anyways.

Anchor girl's voice is making not want to... so annoying. Otherwise, I think I might be sold on this game guys, Potemkin is super hype!

Shackzam

You guys haven't played a good Yu player. It just brings up bad memories.
crying-gif-24.gif

Sho's rushdown is way better (than anyone in the game really, only Aki is his competetiion) but I like Minazuki's game more.

I do like how you can create lobbies inside lobbies and make them private. Its a step forward, but yeah. Confusing.

Our match was fine, but god that sounds awful.

Well the enflish voices are whats really godawful.

That being said, well prolly see a netcode patch, there always seems to be one for arcsys games

No man. You haven't faced final form Yu. He doesn't have to take any risks when rushing you down. The one guy from chicago in top 8 at NEC is the Yu I play. Fuck that character.

Well, to be fair, I played some really good P4A Yu's. Haven't really gotten into a lot of hardcore matches in Ultimax.

It did seem like he got some serious buffs... I wonder what he's like to fight now, at the higher levels. I really want to get back into Ultimax, I think I'll some more time to after the holidays.

MormaPope

Banned
Replaying RE4.

So much better than RE5. I was playing RE5 and was thinking "how different is this from RE4?" The answer is RE4 has better design and pacing.

Top Bottom