• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Exactly.

Out of curiosity though, how old are you people? If you feel like sharing ofc

Here's a picture of me:

4173092-3x2-940x627.jpg

Beloved

All ya'll are creepos then cuz I joined NeoGAF when I was 16.

Pat was just talking to his fans, which was cool of him. In his defense, I don't think there is a non-creepy way to talk about senpai noticing you, but still, that is a reoccurring joke in both BFP and the anime fandom. I've told someone I'd blow them for an advance copy of Bayo 2 weeks ago in this thread. Was it creepy? Absolutely yes. Did I know this person? Not really, no.

You know no one on the internet if you're skeptical about their personality being fabricated, but a sense of trust and security comes from accepting a username as a person and getting to know that person, even if it is only from text on a screen.

But we as a group came together because of the best friends, and we have watched their videos for years, and listened to their podcast, and after all that, don't you think we're entitled to say we know the Best Friends, even a little bit?

Yeah I agree with everything you've said.

As to the bolded, yes I do think we can say "We know them", its just understand that we know them in context of what we see them do. Minus the creepy moments I'm sure they've had to endure at times, I think they pride themselves on the fact that their fans feel almost like their friends.

But you have to draw the line at making too many assumptions about who they are as people, deep down, whether good or bad. Because we do not know them in that context.

Also I'm 28

You became on on the last thread. You posted one reply and then you posted another and then bam you were a full fledged member. It pissed me off

Well we're both full fledged members now, we don't need to be sacrifices anymore. Congratulations!

I'm sure pat will clear all this commotion up soon, is there even a small chance that the screen cap was shopped?

My last sentence was just referring to how someone said the age of consent is 16 so it is not a big deal. And using that as an argument is actually detrimental because it takes your position a step back. It is a thing I learned in debate. I don't remember what the term was though. If someone is accused of something morally they did wrong and there is a debate on wether the person did it or not and eventually the person defending says well it is not illegal so it doesn't matter the person who is prosecuting just gained an advantage.

Jesus this is dumb. I was trying not to upset anyone and I upset everyone.

Yea I never liked broteam and they always seems like assholes.
yeah I'm just a tired idiot, didn't see the message that you quoted. I agree with what you said now that I know the context
Exactly.

Out of curiosity though, how old are you people? If you feel like sharing ofc

grimmiq

28 and I shared Pat's childhood of growing up with Sega consoles. (And only tolerated certain relatives because they owned NES/SNES)

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah I agree with everything you've said.

As to the bolded, yes I do think we can say "We know them", its just understand that we know them in context of what we see them do. Minus the creepy moments I'm sure they've had to endure at times, I think they pride themselves on the fact that their fans feel almost like their friends.

But you have to draw the line at making too many assumptions about who they are as people, deep down, whether good or bad. Because we do not know them in that context.

I guess I just like to give people benefit of the doubt, but I'd like to think that they stopped being "Dumb guy who likes America and is bad at games" and "Angry guy who likes Ponies and Japan and is also bad at games" and started being themselves. If it turns out they are horrible people, that sucks, but I doubt that's the case. I don't know them personally, but I'd like to think that they are what I assume they are - and I think they're stand up guys.

Top Bottom