• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

HA!

Also, bummed I'm yet again NOT at a PWG that is going on right now :(

At least you have that option, closest I have is shitty Portland Wrestling and then another even smaller indie thing I've heard is kinda alright, but that shit's like a two hour drive and is really inconsistent.

It's one of those weird evenings when I'm listening to Dancemania albums late at night for no real apparent reason.

Though if you ever wanted a specific reason why the DDR song lists post DDR Extreme were inferior, it's because of a lack of this. Granted the album series ended around the same time as when Extreme was released, and they revived some old ones for later games, but that ain't enough to carry it.

The big reason why, in my opinion, why the post Extreme songlist are so much more inferior is because a fuckton of them are just either remakes of older songs, remixes, or some anime theme. There's a strong lack of creativity brewing in Bemani.

At least you have that option, closest I have is shitty Portland Wrestling and then another even smaller indie thing I've heard is kinda alright, but that shit's like a two hour drive and is really inconsistent.

If I had a car, I'd fuck off and go myself if I could.

I MEAN, LOOK AT THIS SHIT
ihecfx.gif

If I had a car, I'd fuck off and go myself if I could.

I MEAN, LOOK AT THIS SHIT

It's so rad, especially when compared to Portland Wrestling. I watched a full episode once and there was a five minute sequence where a guy got hit by a car in the parking lot, in broad daylight, with the car going to like, 5 miles an hour, then he flopped on the ground going "Oof, ah, yeesh" for the remaining 4 minutes and 45 seconds.

did he just kamehameha him?

Basically

It's so rad, especially when compared to Portland Wrestling. I watched a full episode once and there was a five minute sequence where a guy got hit by a car in the parking lot, in broad daylight, with the car going to like, 5 miles an hour, then he flopped on the ground going "Oof, ah, yeesh" for the remaining 4 minutes and 45 seconds.
Yeah that's another thing. PWG rarely has ANY storylines. If they do, it's mostly "Fuck you bro!" "Come at me then bro!" then they have an amazing match.

Yeah that's another thing. PWG rarely has ANY storylines. If they do, it's mostly "Fuck you bro!" "Come at me then bro!" then they have an amazing match.

I've seen some of the stuff and heard about that, and that sounds awesome. Portland... They don't really understand what a story is, or how to tell one, so they just kinda throw things in there randomly then people have a really bad match.

The big reason why, in my opinion, why the post Extreme songlist are so much more inferior is because a fuckton of them are just either remakes of older songs, remixes, or some anime theme. There's a strong lack of creativity brewing in Bemani.
I mean, there's still a fair amount of recent in house Konami songs I still like, but they're ones that already existed in other Bemani titles and are better associated with those. Stuff like Redzone, Xepher, and Second Heaven have a stronger association with IIDX than they do with DDR. Plus the anime themes would be a better fit in Pop'n Music as there had always been a precedence for that well before (Get Wild and Cha-la Head Cha-la are in Pop'n Music 14 as I recently discovered from my trips to Gameworks). And yeah, Extreme was the first DDR that started crossing over other Bemani songs, but it didn't overshadow any of the new stuff.

I've seen some of the stuff and heard about that, and that sounds awesome. Portland... They don't really understand what a story is, or how to tell one, so they just kinda throw things in there randomly then people have a really bad match.
I remember going to a "taping" of a potential Lucha show with some of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen. EVERY match started with the bad guys doing a "We're not wrestling in front of you people" type promo and EVERY fucking match had both teams not get in the ring for 5 fucking minutes. I hated life.

I remember going to a "taping" of a potential Lucha show with some of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen. EVERY match started with the bad guys doing a "We're not wrestling in front of you people" type promo and EVERY fucking match had both teams not get in the ring for 5 fucking minutes. I hated life.

Indie Wrestling can be the best thing ever or the absolute worst shit in the world. Portland's ring is like, barely six feet wide. It's insane.

Indie Wrestling can be the best thing ever or the absolute worst shit in the world. Portland's ring is like, barely six feet wide. It's insane.
Thank GOD La Parka was in the main event with someone who can actually wrestle and had a FUN fucking match. It saved me from going insane. The worst show I went (well there's two) was at I THINK the local high school gym. Beyond awful and I remember the announcer trying to hype everyone up with "How's the show?!" and maybe 3 people barely clapped and he came back with "Wow...". The other was just bizarre. The ring was inside a U-Store it unit.
I did absolutely nothing today, and it was the greatest thing ever

I miss those days. I don't even do much but I have to deal with things that get on my nerves so I feel like crap at the end of the day.

Top Bottom