• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

360pages

Christ I forgot how hard Pokémon Puzzle League is! Very hard mode is kicking my ass. Though I guess that is the inherent problem of facing a computer in a puzzle game..

ultimax

Filia has best alts.
iFcjBUqyyt5OP.png

Nah brah

Anyone understand the argument pat and Liam were having regarding game length and 60 dollar value?

Because shorter game experiences kind of fill my soft spot for issues regarding being an adult Gamer.

Liam and Woolie saying that money shouldn't be brought up in a review.

I suspect they disagreed with Dan over at GB for the Capt. Toad review.

Anyone understand the argument pat and Liam were having regarding game length and 60 dollar value?

Because shorter game experiences kind of fill my soft spot for issues regarding being an adult Gamer.

It basically boils down to: Should the cost of a game be a determining factor in a review score.

It's the argument that has been getting steam lately about how if a game is short then it shouldn't cost a full $60. Basically people want to pay an amount of money that is comparable to the length of the game.

Gamer Y

I'm a little hesitant to get a PS4 until I get some reviews from Souls players about BloodBorne. I was hype as fuck but the more I see of it I'm slowly going flaccid.

Well it's not the only game worth getting it for, there are plenty of games out now probably worth getting it.

It's the argument that has been getting steam lately about how if a game is short then it shouldn't cost a full $60. Basically people want to pay an amount of money that is comparable to the length of the game.

But video games only have one release point. That's why the prices are so high.

Music, movies, books, and art all have multiple ways to draw revenue.

LPing video games is the newest way a game can draw revenue, but for the same revenue stream.

Liam and Woolie saying that money shouldn't be brought up in a review.

I suspect they disagreed with Dan over at GB for the Capt. Toad review.

It basically boils down to: Should the cost of a game be a determining factor in a review score.

Good question and it's a question I suspect will result in a new review site solely for the economics of video games.

I studied Eco in school and finance is a subset of economics. I have a big interest in efficiencies.

If we were to discuss the most games that have the best value per length, it'll end up being RPGs IMO. Especially if they aren't with voices, because VAs cost serious money.

Ground Zeroes?

I treated GZ as a down payment for PP. Yes I'm not crazy about the absurdly short content, but if it funds TPP then I'm content.

But video games only have one release point. That's why the prices are so high.

Music, movies, books, and art all have multiple ways to draw revenue.

LPing video games is the newest way a game can draw revenue, but for the same revenue stream.

Good question and it's a question I suspect will result in a new review site solely for the economics of video games.

I studied Eco in school and finance is a subset of economics. I have a big interest in efficiencies.

If we were to discuss the most games that have the best value per length, it'll end up being RPGs IMO. Especially if they aren't with voices, because VAs cost serious money.

I treated GZ as a down payment for PP. Yes I'm not crazy about the absurdly short content, but if it funds TPP then I'm content.

This is why it's a losing battle for gamers. I believe GZ was the game that started this debate. I enjoyed the shit out of the Deja Vu mission plus I was funding TPP so I was happy.

I personally think cost should be taken into consideration for reviews. The type of person who doesn't worry about the time to cost value of the games they're buying aren't using reviews as buying advice anyway.

If you're an 18 year old with no steady income who can maybe get a game every couple months, needs to know if a game is going to last. What constitutes long enough varies from person to person, but it should be taken into consideration.

Top Bottom