• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

This is why it's a losing battle for gamers. I believe GZ was the game that started this debate. I enjoyed the shit out of the Deja Vu mission plus I was funding TPP so I was happy.

Pat mentioning gun star heroes was 3 hours and 90 bucks... That's unacceptable.

I personally think cost should be taken into consideration for reviews. The type of person who doesn't worry about the time to cost value of the games they're buying aren't using reviews as buying advice anyway.

If you're an 18 year old with no steady income who can maybe get a game every couple months, needs to know if a game is going to last. What constitutes long enough varies from person to person, but it should be taken into consideration.

So do I, because I'd be reassured that the biggest gameplay hours per 60 bucks values would all fall in the RPG genre and I love RPGs!

But the 20-30 something buying video games does not have the time to invest into a 60-100 hour game like xenogears or Xenoblade for example.

Short games at 60 are cool if the consumer knows it's a short game and it's demo understands why it's short.

Shackzam

Please.

I want Charlie flash kicking Satan at one point.

I wish it got that hype. Since SF5 seems to take place after third strike. I'm gonna be pulling some shit up. Basically it deals with Gill somehow preserving charlies body and when Gill dies at the end of third strike he had Charlies body as a back up so he could be resurrected. The reason for this, is because the gem that is in the middle of Charlies head is the same colored gem that is in the middle of Gills head. Urien has the same gem, but it is a different color. There are a bunch of theories in my head that might work, but this one seems the most solid.

That's an extreme example with no excuse especially if you're someone like me who can blaze through most games.

Yet at the other end, games like Fallout 3 or Skyrim kind of become monotonous, even thought the content Is stretched out in option side missions and quests off the beaten path.

Maybe it's just something I need to play to enjoy it. A lot of it may be the fact that I'll have to purchase a new console and pay for online just to get everything out of it. I like my PC <3

I wish every game came out on PC, because I like my unified console. The world would be so nice.

The PS4 has a ton of values, especially if you like what Sony is offering. Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and a non slideshow version of TLOU is good enough for me. The rest is gravy.

Yet at the other end, games like Fallout 3 or Skyrim kind of become monotonous, even thought the content Is stretched out in option side missions and quests off the beaten path.
Well, those are bad games. Unlike New Vegas.

Zenfalcia

Just post a couple pics with links seems to be the happy medium. Thanks by the way <3 You filthy mortal~

Wow, such a demanding junior. You haven't even gotten anyone chocolate milk yet.
e52c6f2b52847d55c2ddf1318d0eb0788244ac8a.png

NSFW Ads but with sfw pictures.
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1993032
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1810002
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1785933
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2424319

Every time an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game comes out I won't even look at it until the "Legendary" or whatever they call it edition comes out. It's god damn outrageous that they put Skyrim up for $60 then $20 per dlc.

On the whole price factoring into reviews argument, coming from the position of not buying every single game I play, price being a factor doesn't really do anything for me. I still find reviews occasionally useful, but it's mostly for advice on whether or not to play it in general. I don't buy every game I play, many of them are rentals, some of them acquired through other means, and generally if I own a game, regardless of it's price I'll make up that value in time as I don't finish a game and put it on the shelf where it will stay forever. Those games will be replayed at various points down the line. After Burner Climax lasts for less than half an hour, and is 10 bucks to buy, but it's replayable as hell and it was already worth that price because I'm going to invest in it beyond the first run.

I'm gonna keep finding ways to keep shilling After Burner Climax in this thread until people here buy it before it's delisted at the end of the month.

Alfebit

Banned
I like to believe Pat was referring to the stuff I brought up when he mentioned reading about The Evil Within being salvaged from a sci fi game on GAF.

As far as games like CoD, I really mind the absurdly short campaigns, because I enjoy the games much more until I have to go online and listen to a 13 yr old call me a retard. Playing 60 bucks for a game that's 60% MP, 20%Coop, 20% SP just isn't fun to do anymore.

Pinching my games budget has really become a thing now, even though there more games and lower prices more than ever. We gamers today can afford to be picky.

As far as games like CoD, I really mind the absurdly short campaigns, because I enjoy the games much more until I have to go online and listen to a 13 yr old call me a retard. Playing 60 bucks for a game that's 60% MP, 20%Coop, 20% SP just isn't fun to do anymore.

I thought about picking up a new CoD game just to have something mindless to do when I don't want to try, but then I realized TF2 is free.

Nah its fine, this thread needs a bit more moe.
coach-hines.gif

I've only played MW2 single player and I've been playing cod since 4...

But they don't even play remotely the same.

Also TF2 isn't fun anymore.

They don't play the same but it still gives me that sense of "Oh I just killed that guy, I hope that made his day tangibly worse!" feeling that I love so much. Nothing can compare to the feeling I get when I Dark wraith in DSI though..mmm..I'm getting moist just thinking about it.

Top Bottom