• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakka

hmm just checked and yes you're right... direct sticky is 300+.

other than that heavy at full health should be able to survive splash crit sticky, crit pipe and crit rocket, etc.

Twig

Banned
I am absolutely 100% positive that I had the full 300 health and Pavlik on the CircleX servers hit me with only one pipe bomb and I died.

I am aware that a crit sticky can do it. But a pipe bomb has never done it before last night.

VaLiancY

TheOneGuy said:
I like crits to a point.

Where I draw the line is when I get killed by ONE PIPE BOMB as a HEAVY.

What the fuck.

Apparently it means getting ubered and hitting a heavy with a bat until the uber runs out and you die.

Bwahaha!

You probably got hit simultaneously by something else. Slayer kept sniping me on Dustbowl at the exact time I rocket jump. It happened 3 times in a row after that.:lol

Twig

Banned
VaLiancY said:
You probably got hit simultaneously by something else. Slayer kept sniping me on Dustbowl at the exact time I rocket jump. It happened 3 times in a row after that.:lol
Thought occurred to me, too, but we were alone, there was no one else around. And it happened instantly, with the first pipe bomb, so it's not like anyone had the time to sneak up on me.

Trust me, I wouldn't have even mentioned it if there was even a small chance of anything extraneous like that.

Damnit. After a long time, the urge to play TF2 again is finally upon me, and now Steam is giving me attitude. Won't connect to the internet, even though it is on the firewall exceptions list. Ah well, reinstalling.

To those people who were around when I last played, and still are around (Java, Won, I'm looking at you): am I walking into a completely new game with all the updates that have been happening?

Edit: bollocks, I forgot reinstalling Steam would also mean reinstalling the games. I'll be on as soon as TF2 is downloaded and installed again. Has anything changed with regard to the neogaf server, the adress or something?

Lhadatt

Richardfun said:
To those people who were around when I last played, and still are around (Java, Won, I'm looking at you): am I walking into a completely new game with all the updates that have been happening?
Been around from release. It's not entirely different. Pyros and Medics got serious buffs through new class-specific achievements, and Valve put out some new maps and a new gametype. There are loads of custom maps now. Snipers and overly-enthusiastic demomen are still annoying. Same game, just a new round.

Sciz

Richardfun said:
In short, no. You'll have to adjust your strategy in some situations, but the game hasn't drastically changed.

Lhadatt

Has anything changed with regard to the neogaf server, the adress or something?
Icy had a meltdown and is no longer in charge. His server went non-VAC and became known for massive cheating and the negative sort of rampant fronting. He got caught abusing donations, too.

Evilore made an official GAF server, but passworded it so only GAFers or those who were given the password could play. Check the header in this (Online Gaming) section for the link to the stats. It doesn't get used much due to the password (too time consuming to start games on it), so most GAFers play on Love Me Sexy - it's public, so starting games is easier. Ironically, LMS is run by an ex-GAFer who got banned for some reason or another.

Hmm, sorry to hear about Icy losing it. Especially the abusing of donations, that's just not done.

I never quite got how to search for a specific server in TF2 :) How do I find this LMS server?

Volcynika

Lhadatt said:
Icy had a meltdown and is no longer in charge. His server went non-VAC and became known for massive cheating and the negative sort of rampant fronting. He got caught abusing donations, too.

Evilore made an official GAF server, but passworded it so only GAFers or those who were given the password could play. Check the header in this (Online Gaming) section for the link to the stats. It doesn't get used much due to the password (too time consuming to start games on it), so most GAFers play on Love Me Sexy - it's public, so starting games is easier. Ironically, LMS is run by an ex-GAFer who got banned for some reason or another.

And we've had problems joining the GAF server, even after updating it. I haven't checked recently though, it might be fixed.

Lhadatt

Richardfun said:
Hmm, sorry to hear about Icy losing it. Especially the abusing of donations, that's just not done.
It's in this thread if you want to read back a while. :lol

I never quite got how to search for a specific server in TF2 :) How do I find this LMS server?
Open TF2, open Find Servers, click the Internet tab, wait for all to load, then click Name to sort alphabetically. Scroll down to L and you'll see it.

Or just add the IP to your favs: 216.6.226.211:27015

Lhadatt said:
It's in this thread if you want to read back a while. :lol

Open TF2, open Find Servers, click the Internet tab, wait for all to load, then click Name to sort alphabetically. Scroll down to L and you'll see it.

Or just add the IP to your favs: 216.6.226.211:27015

Any idea which of the 240 pages I should look for the whole scandal?

Won

You guys really need to stop voting for custom maps, if the server has only 8 players. Doesn't matter how good or bad a map is...it is boring.....

Oreoleo

Richardfun said:
Any idea which of the 240 pages I should look for the whole scandal?

Icy was banned on page 200 or 201. There was some mostly unrelated stuff between him and Crushed the 5 or so pages before that if you want a little Drama-Age GAF, but the actual banning was kind of behind the scenes and I'm still not entirely sure what happened.

Edit: I still find this interesting too:
PotatoeMasher said:

Volcynika

Won said:
Seriously guys.....you use the RTV command way to often the last few day.

I only use RTV after a full round (both attacking and defending is done), or if I just plain dislike the map, which are only a handful.

Capndrake

Volcynika said:
I only use RTV after a full round (both attacking and defending is done), or if I just plain dislike the map, which are only a handful.
This. Only exception is Dustbowl, which, if a single round takes forever (BLU keeps winning in the last minute or so for example), I will rtv after just one round.

Won

Volcynika said:

Capndrake said:
This. Only exception is Dustbowl, which, if a single round takes forever (BLU keeps winning in the last minute or so for example), I will rtv after just one round.

Do you guys believe the server will explode, if the map runs till the timer runs out? :p

Just let it run.....I don't see such behavior on other servers I play on regularly.

Lhadatt

Meh, I don't see the RTV hate. Why do all servers need to be the same? Let LMS keep its quirks, go start your own server. $30/month at some providers...

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Won said:
Do you guys believe the server will explode, if the map runs till the timer runs out? :p

Just let it run.....I don't see such behavior on other servers I play on regularly.
I like how like 2f2f is run. After two full rounds, new map. Anything past three rounds borders on tedium.

But that will never fly on LMS, because people bail out at the drop of a hat if they hate the next map. :(

Volcynika

Won said:

Considering other people on the server do it at around the same time, and I like to change it up when a full cycle happens anyways. Besides, it takes multiple votes, so its not like im the only person that wants to change! Especially since some CTF map timers are huge, I'd rather just move on to the next map, rather than wait forever.

Lhadatt

fallengorn said:
I like how like 2f2f is run. After two full rounds, new map. Anything past three rounds borders on tedium.

But that will never fly on LMS, because people bail out at the drop of a hat if they hate the next map. :(
Heh, Drake actually forced a map change on 2f2f today by capping a point to win - all the while the rest of the players were telling him to stop capping because they didn't want to change off Soar. :lol

Twig

Banned
fallengorn said:

Maaan that would be awesome.

I always forget 2f2f is like that. Gonna have to play there more.

Volcynika

Highly dislike 2f2f because the sound commands and all that other stuff gets on my nerves, and it's annoying to have to try and stop everyone from doing all this stuff. Makes me frustrated, since it also seems to hang my machine up more than any other server.

Javaman

Usually the only time I'll use RTV is when one team is totally dominating. After several rounds of utter crushage, I would rather see a new map then 1/2 of the losing team quit. I've done the reshuffle and restart a couple of times which would seem ideal (since it balances out the players by points) but it seems to cause more annoyance then just RTVing to another map.

Volcynika said:
Highly dislike 2f2f because the sound commands and all that other stuff gets on my nerves, and it's annoying to have to try and stop everyone from doing all this stuff. Makes me frustrated, since it also seems to hang my machine up more than any other server.

I think there's an option to prevent sounds from being downloaded onto your computer, though I'm not sure if it'll stop sounds from being played that are already on there.

Volcynika

Eh, I have my regular servers anyways, I won't worry about it.

:lol at tonight

-Pillow launched himself into the air to fire a rocket at me, and right after he fired the killing rocket, I sniped him out of the air.

-Java was telling teammates to get ready and protect the point and I sniped them both. Basically: "Ok just get ready...OH CRAP...ok...time to prepare...DAMMIT"

BOO to people mass leaving when a round is over.

:(

Javaman

Fun rounds tonight. It's a shame people started bailing early.

"Jules: Don't do that! Don't you fucking do that! Don't blow this shit off! What just happened was a fucking miracle!"
2n1i4xd.jpg

Cheeeeeeeetooo on the warpath
33mqs1x.jpg

5u4uwi.jpg

2afebdz.jpg

669mo6.jpg

Javaman

Volcynika said:
Eh, I have my regular servers anyways, I won't worry about it.

:lol at tonight

-Pillow launched himself into the air to fire a rocket at me, and right after he fired the killing rocket, I sniped him out of the air.

-Java was telling teammates to get ready and protect the point and I sniped them both. Basically: "Ok just get ready...OH CRAP...ok...time to prepare...DAMMIT"

Yeah, that was too funny. I saw a soldier sneaking around the back way and right after I warned the others on my team you sniped both. Ironically they Pillow and Lhadatt would have probably survived had I not said anything.

Lhadatt

Javaman said:
Yeah, that was too funny. I saw a soldier sneaking around the back way and right after I warned the others on my team you sniped both. Ironically they Pillow and Lhadatt would have probably survived had I not said anything.
Nah, he would have gotten me anyway.

Doytch

Volcynika said:

Eh I wasn't feeling it last night. Angels pissed me off with their stupid ass errors, and the Jays broke my heart when they blew another lead.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
what servers do you guys play on? totally want to play with you, on pc.

rakka

official gaf (IP at top of online forum, not getting much playtime recently due to being private), lovemesexy (216.6.226.211:27015), 2fort2furious, cxg, etc..

easier way would be to simply add some gaffers to your friends list then you can easily find which games we're in, or even organize some

Volcynika said:
The songs initial download can hit hard, but the sounds are kind of fun. I haven't stopped in on 2f2f for like a week now, which is a long time for me, but if you really are set on not hearing sounds it shouldn't take that long to !nopall everyone.

Capndrake

Team Fortress 2 Update Released (8/04/2008)
August 4, 2008, 3:18 pm - Jason Ruymen - Product Update
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed _resetgamestats command causing server crash.

Fixed clients earning achievements when a player they've recently damaged suicides
Too late, Crushed got Hotshot when a Soldier killed himself with a crit rocket :lol

Davidion

Volcynika said:

That's the whole point dude.

If you go to 2f2f for serious competitive play (not that the action isn't often fast and frantic there), you're probably not going to get what you're looking for. ;)

Volcynika

Davidion said:
That's the whole point dude.

If you go to 2f2f for serious competitive play (not that the action isn't often fast and frantic there), you're probably not going to get what you're looking for. ;)

I wouldn't even mind the server much if all the sound stuff didn't hang up my machine like it does, everytime I nopall someone or w/e it freezes for some odd reason. It's much too frustrating to try and stop all that, because I don't want to turn the volume off (sometimes I listen to my own music when playing the game), and some of the sounds are just really irritating to me. Considering a lot of people play on it, trying to follow the messages and nopall everyone at once doesn't seem to work.

Basically: Server annoying my machine = not fun.

Well, tonight was fun yet incredibly frustrating at the same time. Fun 'cause I got some of the oldbies to play again (Kimisan for instance), but frustrating because we just couldnt get a full game going. Is it always this hard to get enough people on the LMS server?

Capndrake

Richardfun said:
Well, tonight was fun yet incredibly frustrating at the same time. Fun 'cause I got some of the oldbies to play again (Kimisan for instance), but frustrating because we just couldnt get a full game going. Is it always this hard to get enough people on the LMS server?
It's usually easier in weekends. I've had times where me and somebody else hopped on in the middle of the day, the server filled up, all GAFers left and it remained full until the next day.

Also, stay out of my sight when I'm Sniper unless you want a bullet in your head :D

Davidion

Richardfun said:

I'm still at work. :lol :(

Won

Yeah most of GAF is still working around midnight, don't know why!

The server gets and stays full most of the time around 4am MET I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom