• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Amazing episode, this just keeps on delivering

Fun little Dragon Ball Abridge story to tell that just happened.

Was sitting in the couches in the quiet room during my break at work, playing on my 3DS, a guy who I talk to every now and then but not really work friends with is laying down on one of the other couches watching a video on his phone. I notice its Dragon Ball Z and then I see the scene with Goku and the muffin button from the latest episode. He gets up to leave and just as he passes me I say "Muffin Button", he nods with a huge grin on his face and as he walks off I hear him say Gokus Yay.

That really made my day.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Bitchin' episode. I'm glad "DODGE" and "muffin button" are still being used.

My favourite scene- besides the obvious cars and sex bits- has to be Piccolo filling in what Trunks said to Goku for him. "On Maaar-" "May." "May!"

That's Vegeta's son alright.

2XGkOyG.png

Damn son.

KarmaCow

They're leaning on the "gay" shirt joke a bit too much (it has a rainbow flag on the back now?) but that was damn good. I'm consistently amazed how they manage to have characters of their own but still make it fit the series in a twisted way.

Cheerilee

They're leaning on the "gay" shirt joke a bit too much (it has a rainbow flag on the back now?) but that was damn good. I'm consistently amazed how they manage to have characters of their own but still make it fit the series in a twisted way.
They were changing that part every time it appeared. In the original it said "BAD MAN", but that sort of undermines the joke of the shirt being pink, so they changed it to things like "dum cumpster" and "blowjob princess".

The rainbow flag is a bit inconsistent, because the Z-fighters were previously calling Vegeta gay for wearing a girl's shirt (a slutty girl's shirt, with Bulma being that slutty girl), but now they're calling him gay for wearing a gay shirt. But I don't think TFS put that much thought into it. And the pink shirt is probably done now.

Tizoc

Great episode although the finale was...well I would've been fine not having it but it was all in all a fantastic episode.

Vegeta actually suggesting they not kill the Androids works with me too.

Every single one of the characters in this is hilarious. Don't think I've ever seen fan made material done so well.

Yeah, they've really hit their stride, especially compared to some of the earlier episodes. It's funny, I sometimes go back and watch the original DBZ and the characters seem almost generic by comparison.

Loomba

I have re-watched every episodes about three times now and they are still brilliant, just a shame they take so long to produce, it needs a kickstarter.

farisr

Me remembering the video in 2008 (saw it in 2004 or something first), going onto youtube so I could show it to my brother is what introduced me to tfs' dbz abridged as it was one of the related videos.

I have re-watched every episodes about three times now and they are still brilliant, just a shame they take so long to produce, it needs a kickstarter.

It doesn't. If they were allowed to make money off the thing, they would make tons by just adding a donate page on their website.

jaxword

How in heavens name is Popo holding off two super saiyans? Looks like even Toriyama had plans for him being the end boss

Nah, that wasn't Toriyama, just anime-only stuff.

Popo was honestly just a guardian of Kami's lookout; he even says that's what he's bound to (being a pseudo-genie and all) and that Kami is still stronger.

Top Bottom